Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

10 hours ago, vladykins said:

Grabbed the old 80s Testors Macross models that Battletech used to "create" their pictures of their versions. Pictured below with my original battered Technical Readout 3025 (luckily I have a couple more in good condition). Grabbed these thanks to @Shawn's visit to Wise Guys to see the GTC Legacy inventory.

May be an image of 2 people, toy and text

May be an image of text

May be an image of text

May be an image of text

May be an image of text

No photo description available.

May be an image of text

May be an image of toy and text

May be an illustration of 1 person and text

Not a fan of Battletech, but this is cool trivia! 

Hell yeah!

One down one to go.

After getting Arcadiaed I finally was able to down a Yamato Max for a reasonable price.

Box is a bit banged but it is OK for me.

IMG_20230822_085652.jpg.5f596dbc68030016b7d0df1f6789d83c.jpg

Do ALL the Bandai HMRs have the horribly striated cardboard on the box?
I love the Tenjin art, but getting a good angle to see it is horrible when there is any lighting around.
It screams cheap to me, which is frustrating! I only have 3 HMRs (GBP/0S/0D) and the boxes disappoint for display purposes.

rant over.

image.png.6f92275fe39bc0373a48c5c15df49aa1.png

The HMR VF-0S, VF-0S Genius Blue, VF-0D, and VF-1J Armored Valkyrie Revival come in packaging with striated cardboard.  It's supposed to be thicker and possibly stronger than the usual HMR thinner cardboard packaging.  All other HMR releases come in thinner cardboard packaging.

Well you asked for it  @R0P3-F15H. :D

Getting Beer and getting Valks don't mix as your going to either get hung over or toss your valks against the wall since your not able to do transformation correctly due to frustration. That saying, good starting in getting one of the iconic mechas in this franchise.    

Got these cuties in for my Fembot Collection. the ones on left and right came in last week, while the center one came in today.:D

With the Bandai one it's going on 15yrs old and surprisingly it's got a much better build quality, comparable paint detail while just feeling more premium in hand with strong articulation throughout the body at the bending and flexing areas.  I got her for $45 and that was a very good deal.  the only drawback if you consider it to be is the paperwork/Instructions and everything was in Japanese only but as expected the instructions had well done step by step pictures.;)

1000001303.jpg

IMG20230906135306.jpg

IMG20230906135316.jpg

IMG20230906135320.jpg

2 hours ago, borgified said:

Well you asked for it  @R0P3-F15H. :D

Getting Beer and getting Valks don't mix as your going to either get hung over or toss your valks against the wall since your not able to do transformation correctly due to frustration. That saying, good starting in getting one of the iconic mechas in this franchise.    

funny enough its the box the toy shipped in ah hah!