Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

gee it almost looks cooler without all the fairings/bodywork on it!

I agree it does looks cooler without the fairings. B))

Didn't it light up?

No this one didn't light it, that one that lit up was the Medicom/Bandai version and that sells for crazy money now.

Guest davidwhangchoi

No this one didn't light it, that one that lit up was the Medicom/Bandai version and that sells for crazy money now.

yeah i have one boxed up it was crazy money

Guest davidwhangchoi

hey guys, don't mind me, i'm just testing out a new uploader as photobucket is buggy:

Lzwim6h.jpgpb5Uxhf.jpg

jHmXroA.jpg

QvMQ1JZ.jpg

anDi72b.jpg

jEShByu.jpg

KaIeL2H.jpg

lltLIieh.jpg

tcKjpSB.jpg

Edited by davidwhangchoi

^ what gave that away Kanedas Bike? ^_^

:D

*snip*

I wonder if it had any influence on you choosing a screen name... hmmm

*snip*

The most iconic motorcycle in all of anime. Had to.

Now I'm officially jealous.

Between Kaneda's Bike, David's stash. a VF-0S and Folder Booster. There's just too much good stuff here!!! B))

Quoted for truth.

-b.

Hi Everyone,

I have a quick question to all the guys with the super large collections, what do you guys do with the empty boxes? Do you guys store them or throw them away? If you guys store them, how do you manage the space? They take up so much space! (and I would rather use that space to display my other toys. I know you can collapse the boxes, but what do you do with the inserts? Can you guys give me a few pointers?

Thanks in advance!

Throw them away?? :blink: Not when I'm spending $200-300 a toy. But to answer your question...I stack my boxes (with inserts) tetris style in my closet. Bandai and Arcadia have produced more efficient-sized, smaller boxes, when compared to some of the beasts that Yamato produced.

I'm up to 31 valks, a modest collection. B))

Edited by funkymonkeyjavajunky

Thanks wmkjr and funkymonkeyjavajunky for your responses. I'm blown away you are able to pack in 31 boxes in a closet! My place is so small, even doing wmkjr's great tip will only help a little. I feel a little bad for throwing away these boxes @_@;;

Hi Everyone,

I have a quick question to all the guys with the super large collections, what do you guys do with the empty boxes? Do you guys store them or throw them away? If you guys store them, how do you manage the space? They take up so much space! (and I would rather use that space to display my other toys. I know you can collapse the boxes, but what do you do with the inserts? Can you guys give me a few pointers?

Thanks in advance!

I eventually outgrew the closets in my apartment, so I got a storage unit for all my boxes and multiples valks, along with various household items. :)

Ooohhh... :wub: You have the Kaneda figure too?

oh cool there is a light up version too! But I'd just be happy with the one you have.. But from memory these are also becoming expensive!

I am happy with this one, but it would be nice to have the Medicom version.

hey guys, don't mind me, i'm just testing out a new uploader as photobucket is buggy:

*snip*

Wow, piles of Macross goodness! Oh and looks like the new uploader works. :p

Between Kaneda's Bike, David's stash. a VF-0S and Folder Booster. There's just too much good stuff here!!! B))

On sensory overload on all of the goodies! :lol:

:D

The most iconic motorcycle in all of anime. Had to.

Now I'm officially jealous.

Quoted for truth.

-b.

So I guess I'll consider the pics of Kaneda's Bike as a tribute to you Kaneda's Bike. :D

no pics but just picked up a MIB SV-51 Nora last week. Gotta have someone to fight the 0D/0A/0S.

Sweet pickup barurutor, looking forward to your pics. I am hoping for an Arcadia retooled release of the Sv-51s. :D

Edited by Saburo

Guest davidwhangchoi

That's the Golden haul right there!! Lots of Macross & Gundam!! B))

@David, You need to get some more Valks, you don't have quite enough!! :p

LOL, just some old photos to practice w/ i'm using imgur now as photobucket drives me nuts.

learning how to post different sizes

A couple of quick pics of the new arrivals, big thanks to no3ljm!!!

vf1a_vf1s_001_zpsa91m2sxm.png

vf1a_vf1s_002_zpstqnvwukm.png

Lovely pics! Im bummed i had to take off the rainbow tint on my Hikaru 1A since it cracked and started peeling :( Only good thing is that it now matches my S&SP 1A Max and Kaki bundles :lol:

Lovely pics! Im bummed i had to take off the rainbow tint on my Hikaru 1A since it cracked and started peeling :( Only good thing is that it now matches my S&SP 1A Max and Kaki bundles :lol:

The tinting does seem to be a problem on some examples eh.. a few of mine have minor issues. Were you able remove it completely?

The tinting does seem to be a problem on some examples eh.. a few of mine have minor issues. Were you able remove it completely?

Yup i got i completely off :)

Before

1A%20Rainbow%20Canopy.jpg

And this is after i removed it

1A%20Rainbow%20Canopy%202.jpg

What technique and solvent did you use?

I used a Q-tip and dish detergent. Just dab the detergent on the q-tip and then just rub the rainbow tint off. Takes a little bit of effort but it will all eventually come off. Edited by anubis20