Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

The smaller size and lack of chrome were massive turn offs to the legacy megazord for me. I really wish I could find my original one. :(

Edited by anime52k8

The smaller size and lack of chrome where massive turn offs to the legacy megazord for me. I really wish I could find my original one. :(

I can agree the Legacy Megazord was lacking, it was half-assed as far as die-cast and paint apps go. I look at Legacy Dragonzord and I see where my $80 went, it's repainted in silver with die-cast, I just didn't see enough in the Legacy Megazord to justify the original retail price let alone it's crazy third party and Evilbay prices. That all said, the pictured Megazord is actually the 2010 Mix N Morph Dino Megazord, I never upgraded to Legacy because as I said above I didn't think it was worth it, got this 2010 version for $10 at Target on clearance, it gets the job done.

Finally got my first renewal 25.

As an accuracy freak, I looove it. But daaamn!!! Aren't these things delicate?!!! Just one transformation and I already chipped off a little paint.

Probably getting another one because the hip attachments are kind of loose and that bugs me a lot since gerwalk is my fav mode. I suspect is from the very first batch. Is that a common problem with first releases? Or I just got a deffective one? Thank's.

Edited by s001

Congratulations man, the renewal 25 is a great piece. It was a gateway that pulled me deep into Macross Frontier. As a piece, the sculpt is amazing, great articulation, and I've said this many times... There is something very cool about sliding the valk out of the plastic bag they use. I could just be crazy , but its one part of opening a bandai renewal that i look forward to.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Now you need weathering super packs :D

nah, max vf-1s never had strike packs ever in the movie. and i'm going for the earth scene for kakizaki

Update on my recent purchase of the 1/2000 scale macross last week, 99% done, just need 01, 02 decals and white on ARMD landing strip. The 1/3000 scale macross doesn't compare to the 1/2000 scale! so happy i pulled the trigger on it!

post-623-0-41829300-1401760076_thumb.jpg

Update on my recent purchase of the 1/2000 scale macross last week, 99% done, just need 01, 02 decals and white on ARMD landing strip. The 1/3000 scale macross doesn't compare to the 1/2000 scale! so happy i pulled the trigger on it!

attachicon.gifsdf1l2000.JPG

Wow, that 1/2000 scale is ginormous!!! I would like to have one, if I could afford it. This Yammi 1/2000 makes the Wave 1/5000 looks like a baby and the Yammi 1/3000 being the Mommy.

5th one came in today:

photo21_zps955b4c13.jpg

Nice haul David! I got two pieces myself, still sitting in HLJ warehouse, waiting for other items to be available then to be shipped together.

A quick trip to Tokyo last week yielded the following courtesy of Mandarake Nakano.......

(have yet to apply stickers/transfers to super parts)

post-17939-0-62098200-1401845058_thumb.jpg

Edited by Moosey

A quick trip to Tokyo last week yielded the following courtesy of Mandarake Nakano.......

(have yet to apply stickers/transfers to super parts)

It was you ! :). I sold my zero collection a few days ago planning on getting the cash for that 1/60 max 1J. When i went on it was gone.

My bad, i think that's a 1/48 Max isn't it?

this just killed my wallet hot toys hulk banner two pack. other problem is i have a hot toys zod inroute and a full metal ghost from bigbadtoystore as well as yf-29 ozma thats over 1200.00 spent! dam my girl is gonna kill me lol

post-19327-0-18632100-1401918822_thumb.jpg

post-19327-0-01289000-1401918845_thumb.jpg

post-19327-0-83190100-1401918863_thumb.jpg

post-19327-0-92358600-1401918875_thumb.jpg

No it's a 1/60 look how the super pack boosters are held on, the 1/48s don't have that clip.

Im not sure, I think it was a 1/48 because of the defined crease through the fuselage that splits the macross kite. I don't see it that defined and splitting the kite on the 1/60's. The debate is growing, please tell us which it is ! The blue is still lethal either way.

this just killed my wallet hot toys hulk banner two pack. other problem is i have a hot toys zod inroute and a full metal ghost from bigbadtoystore as well as yf-29 ozma thats over 1200.00 spent! dam my girl is gonna kill me lol

Love my Hulk.

One of the coolest HT's ever. You really can't appreciate how awesome it is until you see it in person :D

Sort of a toy. Vsonic Gro6 pro IEM. (earbuds)

My yamaha's died and I wanted something fancy. Really clear and crisp sound :D

fnCabucl.jpg

Edited by Gakken85

Been collecting the Variable Fighter Master File series and couldn't find volume 2 of the VF-1 books anywhere.. at least at a reasonable price..

There have been a few on ebay at over $100 including a couple of them at around the $200 price point which is absolutely absurd.. how they can justify asking that much for them regardless of condition is beyond me..

Then.. by sheer chance as I was aimlessly wandering the Mandarake site I found this at 2200 yen! Although listed as "average" condition, 99% of stuff on I have purchased on Mandarake has always pretty good so fingers crossed its condition is close to my other books I already have.. :unsure:

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1673487.html

Edited by spanner76

^nice!

I have mine displayed in Battroid with Super Parts.

-b.

Yeah! I do love it in Battroid mode!

post-28699-0-11959400-1401974296_thumb.jpg

But, I think it will stay in Fighter mode for a while. ^_^

post-28699-0-26340200-1401974391_thumb.jpg

Mandarake hasn't failed me yet. The box and the parts themselves came in pretty good condition!

Been collecting the Variable Fighter Master File series and couldn't find volume 2 of the VF-1 books anywhere.. at least at a reasonable price..

There have been a few on ebay at over $100 including a couple of them at around the $200 price point which is absolutely absurd.. how they can justify asking that much for them regardless of condition is beyond me..

Then.. by sheer chance as I was aimlessly wandering the Mandarake site I found this at 2200 yen! Although listed as "average" condition, 99% of stuff on I have purchased on Mandarake has always pretty good so fingers crossed its condition is close to my other books I already have.. :unsure:

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1673487.html

Congrats!! I still have to find that book.