Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Great! That means the backhanded compliment given to you is fully negated!!! Clear skies ahead!!! :p

:ph34r:/ :lol:

Hmm, I kinda wanted the VF-0S until I looked up the revies :( What a shame. Personally the VF-0S is the best looking early Valks for me

Agree, hopefully the VF-0D does really well for Arcadia so that they release a version 2 VF-0S.

-b.

I'm hoping to get the VF-0D as well.. hopefully it won't cost an arm and a leg.. but with the prices arcadia has been setting all the recent releases at, I won't hold my breath. Guess I'll just be sure to set aside some money. :p

I'm hoping to get the VF-0D as well.. hopefully it won't cost an arm and a leg.. but with the prices arcadia has been setting all the recent releases at, I won't hold my breath. Guess I'll just be sure to set aside some money. :p

Ha! Exactly.

Matter of fact, I should probably start saving right now.

-b.

The Arcadia YF-19 any good? Kinda ignored it, especially after I got my 19S.

Mine is good. Some people had some issues out of the box. Suggest you read the 19 thread from when people started getting them in hand. Collection DX has a good written review.

The Sideshow hitgirl looks better than the medicom one.

It's the Medicom RAH model sir but ordered from sideshow. I wished they included the angry face which is an comes with the younger version. Pre-ordered that one as well. The only difference with ordering from sideshow, the Hit Girl comes with sideshow leather keyring.

10390996_10152223680792861_8639757320131

Holy crap!!!!

So at the beginning of the month or so I found two YF-29 30th Anniversary for $110 and $140. The $140 got cancelled but the $110 one didn't and JUST GOT HERE! ITS REAL (I thought it was a scam because no tracking number and was way too cheap to be true)! The box is abit beat up but the manual and all seems untouched (nose cone doesnt have a chip so I guess no one transformed it. DAMN I got a good deal :D

SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW! I got the Valk I want the most for 1/3rd the aftermarket price. Haven't taken anything out yet so idk if theres loose parts but I don't care :D CHEAP VALKS!

Holy crap!!!!

So at the beginning of the month or so I found two YF-29 30th Anniversary for $110 and $140. The $140 got cancelled but the $110 one didn't and JUST GOT HERE! ITS REAL (I thought it was a scam because no tracking number and was way too cheap to be true)! The box is abit beat up but the manual and all seems untouched (nose cone doesnt have a chip so I guess no one transformed it. DAMN I got a good deal :D

SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW! I got the Valk I want the most for 1/3rd the aftermarket price. Haven't taken anything out yet so idk if theres loose parts but I don't care :D CHEAP VALKS!

Congrats dude, sounds like a helluva deal!

-b.

20140617_001757_zps33535ba0.jpg

:D I guess these were recent enough (sorry for the potato quality picture, just wanted to take a picture of my small but growing macross family)

Technically not my first Macross purchase as I remember I had a VF-1S Battroid mode ages ago. I think it was around 1/100 scale and wasn't transformable (not a model kit either, too bad I can't find it anymore).

20140617_001757_zps33535ba0.jpg

:D I guess these were recent enough (sorry for the potato quality picture, just wanted to take a picture of my small but growing macross family)

Technically not my first Macross purchase as I remember I had a VF-1S Battroid mode ages ago. I think it was around 1/100 scale and wasn't transformable (not a model kit either, too bad I can't find it anymore).

VF-19S love

Guest davidwhangchoi

I finally got around to getting a 2nd VF-25A. I wanted to display different variants; naked and Super versions. :D

beautiful

My latest bird is so impressive (better than my expectation).

14165910379_667971f892_c.jpg

14165912779_a2ce9f977e_c.jpg

14372766483_db1e761016_c.jpg14329443056_527abc139f_c.jpg

Sensational looking machine isn't she! The white color really works on it and sets it apart from the others. Its gotta be my fav of the VF-19 bunch!

I just don't display it with those little speaker winglet things..

It is usually the case for local seller. They only follow close to retail price (retail, shipping and mark up) when you pre-order an item. Local seller knows their market too so for those instances, they do collect themselves :)

Great purchases everyone!

Got me a BLUE BIRD today. ^_^ Won this on eBay for $202. New. Never transformed. I assumed it was only displayed in fighter mode. Plastic wraps on one leg and landing gears are still intact. Too bad I missed bidding on the DX VF-25G and VF-25F first versions from the same seller. They all have the same bidding time so I just focus on YF-21 until the last minute. Got lucky since it's the 2008 release that comes with Fast Packs and Display Stand. Nice. :wub:

IMG_5316_zpsf7e366c5.jpg

IMG_5334amp5335_zps9b9ad4a9.jpg

2 weeks ago, it was this. :lol:

IMG_4998_RM_zps97f8c28b.jpg

IMG_5025_RM_zpsfefd2d7a.jpgIMG_5020_RM_zpsaef8dd4a.jpg

Edited by no3ljm

Congrats no3ljm! I got mine at Mandarake while I was in Japan and was surprised to open it and find the fast packs were included! ^_^ I never new that release had them! It's a great, solid valk, Yamato really nailed the 21/22 body.

Thanks happy_spike. Congrats too on your YF-21. Even though, I already have this one, I'm still wishing for Arcadia to take a stab again on the YF-21 units and recreate it again ala-YF-19. Proportioned and mean-looking but still maintain the uber-cool looking Fighter mode. I don't mind if the only solution is to have an option muscled legs attachments. Hehehe. :D

Awesome Batman and Robin!!!

Thanks derex3592. Best Hot Toys Batman so far. Really shows how old I am. Hahaha! :D The only gripe I have for this figure is not to hold it with bare hands esp when you have dry skin. Cloth tend to stick with your fingers and make the cloth string pulled. Not sure what's the correct term is but it's the same thing when you wear some cotton/nylon shirt and when it gets stuck on sharp items, the string kinda get pulled making the cloth kinda mess up. Better wear latex gloves if ever you guys decided to get these too. ;)

Those are great purchases no3ljm!

Thanks Saburo. ;) No more budget now. Hahaha! :D

Damn you eBay.

I have possibly just ordered the entire Vermillion Squadron from SDFM, plus the D.

Now how do I try and explain all this to the not-so-old woman...

Preferably with an expensive purse, pair of shoes or whatever else she loves.

-b.