Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

I always take the shoulder paultrons off before transforming my VF-171 because I have the feeling that rotating the shoulders around 270 degrees and try to align everything in Fighter-Mode causes too much stress at the black triangles. ^_^

Good advice thanks.

One has popped off on me anyway!

Put the pauldrons back on and one is looser than the other. Assume that's just a bandai-ism.

Edited by The Old Man

My Yamato VF-1A CF arrived from hkcollectibles today. I was notified of a stock error earlier in the week and was expecting a delay, but hkc fixed it up quickly and upgraded my shipping from airmail to EMS at no cost. This is the 30th anniversary DRYL type, and my first VF-1A. I'm really impressed with the paint and do not mind the missing ARMD-01 tampo on the tail fins (vs Prometheus for the TV type).

Revisiting this design has me hooked all over again. :D

Guest davidwhangchoi

Holy crap! I thought my Prophecy showed up today but my Milia was already here :D Jungle rocks :D

-b.

nice stuff guys!!

nice stuff guys!!

Thank you sir!

:D

^_^

I'm on vacation in Japan. Went to Nakano Mandarake and picked up a RVF-25. Good day.

Jealous. Japan is certainly on my wish list of places to visit one day (soon).

-b.

Edited by Kanedas Bike

I bought a bunch of tampo printing and it also came with a Valk!

A solid list of what is tampo is below and i added some pics. 27 Total Tampo Marks

Ejection seat warning
Rescue arrow on nose
Yellow square door on nose
Upper and lower intake warnings
Danger intake text above the red warning
Yellow warning squares on the nose sensors
Yellow warning squares on the waist guns
Yellow warning square on the chest thruster
Rescue arrow on the chest
Red compressor square in the leg
Actuator warning on the backpack near the right tail fin

UN Spacy on Legs

UN Spacy Kites

post-15093-0-74464100-1403975475_thumb.jpg

Edited by sreichma

I got it on Jungle back on Monday or Tuesday. Mine was brand new and smelled plasticy fresh. :D

Another one popped up on Man Thursday night for a bit less money but it had been opened. It was pretty late at night so.

Jesus I remember when I had a chance to buy 2 different sets of the M & M 1Js, I personally didn't like them, I mean they were cool but I just don't double dip on molds and I don't buy repaints, but looking at them now, they would have been a very wise investment, they are selling for some pretty stupid, crazy, ridiculous prices.

I paid about 40 above what the new retail will be if they re-issue it., and then normal EMS shipping + 10 bucks.

I don't think that's astronomical.

Considering Arcadia asks $150ish for a valk now, and super parts trend around $110 dollars or more, and if they throw in extras... it could be $260-300 easy for a reissue + shipping.

Plus, they might leave out something Yamato added to save or cut costs like they did with the Focker and Hik releases.

I overpaid a bit but it's worth it in my mind as it could be another 6 months before we even get M&M's from Arcadia.

Anything in the 400+ range would be a bit crazy imo.

I paid about 40 above what the new retail will be if they re-issue it., and then normal EMS shipping + 10 bucks.

Considering Arcadia asks $150ish for a valk now, and super parts trend around $110 dollars or more, and if they throw in extras... it could be $260-300 easy for a reissue + shipping.

Plus, they might leave out something Yamato added to save or cut costs like they did with the Focker and Hik releases.

I overpaid a bit but it's worth it in my mind as it could be another 6 months before we even get M&M's from Arcadia.

It definitely sounds like you got a hell of a deal, anytime I see either M&M they are usually going for 500-700$ each.

I think I did ok.

The one that went up on Man in the middle of the night was only $220 but used.

And as I posted earlier in the thread I saw one sell close to that on YJ with some fading/paint missing.

Either way I'm just happy to have one. I've been wanting one for close to a year hahah

Guest davidwhangchoi

I bought a bunch of tampo printing and it also came with a Valk!

A solid list of what is tampo is below and i added some pics. 27 Total Tampo Marks

Ejection seat warning

Rescue arrow on nose

Yellow square door on nose

Upper and lower intake warnings

Danger intake text above the red warning

Yellow warning squares on the nose sensors

Yellow warning squares on the waist guns

Yellow warning square on the chest thruster

Rescue arrow on the chest

Red compressor square in the leg

Actuator warning on the backpack near the right tail fin

UN Spacy on Legs

UN Spacy Kites

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

great catch

Wow. Mega haul! Did you use your spleen or a lung to pay for the VF-4. Very very nice. Me want.

Gorgeous. Haven't seen these anywhere.

Ha! Thank you very much, purchased with the proceeds from the piggy bank I started at age 6. B))

Love the VF-1J CF, sreichma. Looks great.

Agree, the VF-1J Cannon Fodder was one of Yamato's best VF-1 releases in my opinion. I wish I'd picked up more than (1) when it came out.

Been thinking about this, and I swear I'm not trying to throw any shade on your purchase - I think it was a good buy.

That said I don't think an Arcadia Max and/or Miria VF-1J with Super Parts will be that much (heck, the originals retailed for 12,800 JPY). I think (read hope) at the most they will be around 22,000 JPY.

Arcadia retail for the the VF-1S's: 16,800 JPY (Yamato was 9,800 JPY) - the difference in cost being attributed to the stand and option parts (craziness)

Yamato retail for the TV Super Parts: 3,800 JPY

Yamato retail for the Stand: 3,900 JPY

At any rate, again a good buy Gakken. I hope that if/when Arcadia re-releases any bundled fast pack versions they don't go crazy pricing them.

-b.