Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Just skipped out on an auction for a used Alto YF-29 with lose joints for $200. Too much money spent recently :X Normally I would be regretting this decision to not get it but not so much this time. I'll get the figure one day but since its not on my priority list I'll save it for a later date.

Somehow have the feeling that this one went to a sneaky board member here. I expected the last bid to go up much more but only went up by 50 cents lol

EDIT: Still trying very hard to tell myself that skipping this was fine (gotta have limits!) $200 is kinda cheap on this but I guess since I snagged a YF-29 Focker scheme for a $100 I'm kinda underwhelmed by this.

Edited by ULessa

Just skipped out on an auction for a used Alto YF-29 with lose joints for $200. Too much money spent recently :X Normally I would be regretting this decision to not get it but not so much this time. I'll get the figure one day but since its not on my priority list I'll save it for a later date.

Somehow have the feeling that this one went to a sneaky board member here. I expected the last bid to go up much more but only went up by 50 cents lol

EDIT: Still trying very hard to tell myself that skipping this was fine (gotta have limits!) $200 is kinda cheap on this but I guess since I snagged a YF-29 Focker scheme for a $100 I'm kinda underwhelmed by this.

You probably did yourself a favor, IMHO the Alto YF-29 was one of the weakest releases in terms of quality from the Bandai Renewal Frontier line (the 29 being the herald for the Renewals).

I know folks have had some success in tightening the joints, but mine have always loosened right back up. Money better spent elsewhere or saved.

-b.

You probably did yourself a favor, IMHO the Alto YF-29 was one of the weakest releases in terms of quality from the Bandai Renewal Frontier line (the 29 being the herald for the Renewals).

I know folks have had some success in tightening the joints, but mine have always loosened right back up. Money better spent elsewhere or saved.

-b.

If I bought the Alto I'd most likely have left it in Fighter mode anyway so I guess thats the biggest factor for me saying no. Normally I would be imagining the product that I've missed out on and regretting it but the Alto really isn't up there for me in terms of the priority list of buys.

Lol that's the Alto I bought for customizing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Macross-Frontier-DX-Chogokin-VF-29-Durandal-Valkyrie-Alto-Saotome-Custom-/221465550866?nma=true&si=bH6N%252Fu%252F5W7Fhbyca5LpjcKRZ2p8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Loose joints aren't an issue at all as it takes just a screw driver and some nail polish / super glue to re-tighten them. The mistake people make is they try to use the nail polish on the ball joint itself. I instead use small layers of glue and do some buildup under where the plastic friction piece is placed. By increasing the height of the piece you can naturally get better friction when the whole joint is reassembled and tightened.

Edited by Duymon

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Macross-Frontier-DX-Chogokin-VF-29-Durandal-Valkyrie-Alto-Saotome-Custom-/221465550866?nma=true&si=bH6N%252Fu%252F5W7Fhbyca5LpjcKRZ2p8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Loose joints aren't an issue at all as it takes just a screw driver and some nail polish / super glue to re-tighten them. The mistake people make is they try to use the nail polish on the ball joint itself. I instead use small layers of glue and do some buildup under where the plastic friction piece is placed. By increasing the height of the piece you can naturally get better friction when the whole joint is reassembled and tightened.

And I was right! Someone here did get it :D Post up some pictures when you're customizing it. Curious to see what people do to their Valks.

Definitely a great price but I'll stick to hunting down more YF-29 30th Anniversary Schemes. Black and White is more to my taste than Red and White.

Edited by ULessa

1/12 Full Metal Ghost!

Really awesome figure!!! loving it! its 18" tall!

I bought one too!

It'll remain in the box until I eventually get a custom glass case made for it. The thing won't even fit into the Detolf without crouching. :lol:

Found an opened but untouched VF-25G yesterday, went back to buy it today. The box had a bit of wear, but the valk tray was still sealed. Everything was untouched. Now to wait for the tornado parts! Got it for $250.

Japan or HK

Thats a great idea, thank you for sharing. I was a ball waxer. Wait a second.......that sounds pretty bad :wacko:

Edited by sreichma

Hk. Was it a good deal?

Yeah definitely. Average VF-25 runs about $200 (no cannon fodder here) so the extra $50 is good. From what I've seen G typically runs for $300+ easily. Would like to be in your shoes. So many stores HK to browse. Still wondering why I never walked to any last time I was there.

Thats a great idea, thank you for sharing. I was a ball waxer. Wait a second.......that sounds pretty bad :wacko:

Name: Sreichma

This is not a recent purchase, but it was a recent discovery.

I was back home for vacation and found one of my childhood toys, a 1978 Nomura Die cast Cosmo Tiger II while searching through my parents garage. :D I was surprised to find it and its still in really good condition, the box is a bit beat up though.

14471579571_d7919e29be_b.jpg

Gakken85

That Godzilla is awesome!!

Edited by Saburo

That tiger II is pretty sweet :D

Thanks!

X-Plus blows my mind sometimes haha

Thanks! I was surprised to find it, I thought it was lost in a fire. A bunch of our family stuff was stored at a storage place that caught fire many years ago.

I like the shots you took, looks like Godzilla walked over to your place for a visit.

Edited by Saburo

Before:

post-29332-0-21753400-1403427345_thumb.jpg

After:

post-29332-0-13774700-1403427394_thumb.jpg

post-29332-0-06490800-1403427478_thumb.jpg

post-29332-0-93501100-1403427570_thumb.jpg

I didn't think I was going to like these super parts, but I must admit that once they were on they are definitely growing on me.

(I am uploading these from my iPad and the thumbnails look a bit fuzzy, so if you click on the image you'll get a better quality image of my couch).

You're making me want super parts on my Isamu but since I'm leaving mine in battroid mode its kind of unnecessary. I'll wait till I can get my hands on another one then I'll think about mine!

I actually find it even more pretty on Battroid. Especially if all of them are pointed up (including the turret)

Nice shots! :)

True. I liked the YF-29 as is. Not a big fan of the YF-29 Super Parts. But when it's attached, it really will grow on you. ;)

Thanks

You're making me want super parts on my Isamu but since I'm leaving mine in battroid mode its kind of unnecessary. I'll wait till I can get my hands on another one then I'll think about mine!

I figured get them whilst I can, then I have the option to use or not.

Plus if I decide to sell at a later time, it may be more attractive to buyers if it was a complete package.

Agree, I was not a huge fan of the YF-29 Super Parts until I saw those meant for the Isamu variant. It wasn't until I put mine on Fighter mode that I truly started to appreciate their look.

I ordered a set for my Ozma 29 as well.

-b.

Shall try to get the Super Parts for my YF-29 Focker when I pick up my Ozma. I'm really really starting to like fighters alot more now. Preferably those that stick to real jet fighter designs (nothing that trys to be too crazy and futuristic). I WANT MORE YF-29s! Its fighter mode is so damn nice!

EDIT: The fold quartz part on the Super Parts also look so damn cool! Too bad the Super Parts don't do anything for Battroid mode.

Edited by ULessa

Seeing that makes me want to transform my Isamu back to fighter mode. Problem though is that I love the head sculpt and do want something posed in Battroid mode for now. Its amazing how I used to think that the Isamu head is kind of under whelming but after seeing the real thing I love it the most now. Most guys would probably say Ozma is their fav head sculpt but I'm really loving the Isamu!

That's the beauty of these things though, you can change them as often as you like.

IMO disclaimer, I much prefer messing with the bandai valks to the yamatos. They seem more like toys to me whereas the yams are display pieces and should be treated with more respect. YF-19 being a good example.

That's the beauty of these things though, you can change them as often as you like.

IMO disclaimer, I much prefer messing with the bandai valks to the yamatos. They seem more like toys to me whereas the yams are display pieces and should be treated with more respect. YF-19 being a good example.

I've never been much of a "display piece" kinda guy as I've always bought action figures because they're supposed to be articulate toys to "play" with. Well technically I just fiddle with them changing poses every once in a while. These Valks however are alot more fragile than most of the other stuff I'm used to so I'm a little scared of overworking the joints. The thing is weak by design unlike the Metal build series that feel damn solid. Of course on top of being a transforming toy so it definitely has its limits.