Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

All true. Most of my stuff just sits on a shelf and has no 'play' elements, eg my 1:18 car collection.

So having these be able to be displayed in at least three modes is a definite plus.

However, I did choose to put some tape on the inside of the pivot point of the wings just to stop any potential droopage.

Edited by The Old Man

Wondering about a similar thing myself lately. The more I like fighter mode the more pieces I have will be in fighter mode. Theres definitely no "play" element with it other than the occasional take off the stand and stare at its beauty.

Idk, Yamatos look more like model kits, but they seem a lot more durable than Bandai's offerings.

Some of their early runs had weak points, but the later stuff are like tanks unless you have gorilla hands.

Bandai's stuff will explode on contact, and magically become loose after one transformation.

Idk, Yamatos look more like model kits, but they seem a lot more durable than Bandai's offerings.

Some of their early runs had weak points, but the later stuff are like tanks unless you have gorilla hands.

Bandai's stuff will explode on contact, and magically become loose after one transformation.

Spot on all the way. I completely agree.

I link my DX's but it walks hand in hand with the constant fear that, its gonna get loose this time, or this thing is going to break and I'm going to be screwed. If be tempted to throw a yamato VF-1 like a paper airplane and let it land on the ground and i bet it would be fine.

Well someone got a VF-171 used for $106. Guess thats fair enough. Hopefully some cannon fodder lover here got it. Was thinking of going for it but I won't be able to see the item till August so bleh. Didn't want it enough.

just won a yahoo auction at 11k yen for VF-25A, my projection would be it would cost around 14k shipped using SAL.

I also bought at HKcollectibles a yamato assembly kit, VF-1A. It is already here in the country, shipped via EMS but I found out that our country's EMS is so slow and so corrupt. Item has already reached the country last June 19 but I haven't received any word or even a notice on how to claim it. I will never ship using EMS again and just do faithful SAL even if it will take 3 weeks.

just won a yahoo auction at 11k yen for VF-25A, my projection would be it would cost around 14k shipped using SAL.

I also bought at HKcollectibles a yamato assembly kit, VF-1A. It is already here in the country, shipped via EMS but I found out that our country's EMS is so slow and so corrupt. Item has already reached the country last June 19 but I haven't received any word or even a notice on how to claim it. I will never ship using EMS again and just do faithful SAL even if it will take 3 weeks.

Yeah the customs and EMS situation in PH is unfortunate. You are right about SAL or registered airmail but there's still a chance customs will tax you. Have you not received a claim card from the post office? You can directly head to CMEC and inquire about your parcel using your tracking number. Edited by abbadon

thanks, mostly bought it for the box, the valk isn't in awesome condition so i stuck in GBP armor. but i have another mint angel bird that showed up by accident without the box (shipping error).

Got the 22's from eBay, both from same seller in US so saved a bit on shipping.

All the F stuff was from NY.

My NUNS triangles are intact, just trying to figure out how to transform and add the armour parts.

The Old Man is getting all the Valkyries he can get his hands on. Good haul this month. I wish I could get stuff at that rate.

Yeah I've had a good month, winding down now though. These things don't appear to come down in price lol!

Got the 22's from eBay, both from same seller in US so saved a bit on shipping.

All the F stuff was from NY.

My NUNS triangles are intact, just trying to figure out how to transform and add the armour parts.

Yeah I've had a good month, winding down now though. These things don't appear to come down in price lol!

I always take the shoulder paultrons off before transforming my VF-171 because I have the feeling that rotating the shoulders around 270 degrees and try to align everything in Fighter-Mode causes too much stress at the black triangles. ^_^

Edited by Scyla