Robotech x Voltron crossover... what the...I don't even...

Yeah, this is TOTALLY gonna happen...

(Where to start with this? First, Robotech cannot be marketed in Japan. Macross can, but HG doesn't have those rights. Second, Macross Frontier might still have a fanbase, but the original series doesn't have a widespread following. Third, it's still better than Golion's following. Fourth, American comics are not terribly popular in Japan.

The first point is really the only one that matters, though.)

http://www.japanculture-nyc.com/2013/10/12/makers-of-voltron-robotech-preview-crossover-series-at-new-york-comic-con/

HG and WB should make the movie first. 5 years have already past.

Well, I want to say to them, ”don't mystify your fans and the others, BAKA GAIJIN!”

“I’m sure we’ll market the comics in Japan,” says Koplar. “I don’t know what the plans are for a Japanese release. That would be an interesting market to do this in because they’re both well known properties over there.”

I wouldn't read anything into it, it's probably just an innocent mistake. Bob Koplar probably wasn't aware of Harmony Gold's licensing limitations.

I also read the sad thread that McKeever posted in.

Here is a direct link to the abomination http://geek-news.mtv.com//wp-content/uploads/geek/2013/07/RoboVoltron.jpg

It looks like a Super Roy Tron.

i really don't give a rats ass about the legal jungle regarding HG but that pic had me rolling on the floor :lol: ... the head inside the cat... that eyepatch... :lol::lol:

HG and WB should make the movie first. 5 years have already past.

Well, I want to say to them, ”don't mystify your fans and the others, BAKA GAIJIN!”

You're not one of these people are you?

strange-japan-003.jpg

Edited by peter

• 2 months later...

I don't mind Yune as an artist, he's pretty good and he stays "faithful" to the designs, but I also think he kind of rehashes his posses again and again for his covers.

He's a great mecha artist.. And that's it. Reading a robotech comic is like reading Macross with Jughead as the characters.

I feel like I have to be 5 to get the simpleness of the storytelling.

He's a great mecha artist.. And that's it. Reading a robotech comic is like reading Macross with Jughead as the characters.

I feel like I have to be 5 to get the simpleness of the storytelling.

True, ever since Wildstorm started doing the publishing the story arcs are fillers are hardly original. It pissed me off when they would do 15-22 pages of one story, then we'd get 8-15 pages of some other story arc/side story though tried to fill in the other story in some way, it was a mess.

Art though wasn't bad at all in any of those comics except for the Shadow Chronicles Prelude, that to me was god awful and I didn't identify with any of the old characters who progressed in age.

I think I still have all the old issues in storage.

True, ever since Wildstorm started doing the publishing the story arcs are fillers are hardly original. It pissed me off when they would do 15-22 pages of one story, then we'd get 8-15 pages of some other story arc/side story though tried to fill in the other story in some way, it was a mess.

Art though wasn't bad at all in any of those comics except for the Shadow Chronicles Prelude, that to me was god awful and I didn't identify with any of the old characters who progressed in age.

I think I still have all the old issues in storage.

Yep, I've got a few of the WS issues, I think #1 if Robotech Love.. Something.

He faithfully draws the VF-4G and the VF-1 Atmospheric booster. My only problem is the character art work is rather

Silly, Minmay looks like an old Image style woman with huge knockers and totally 90's comic book face.

I have that issue next to my VF-4, simply because of the artwork, it's cool because I only paid fifty cents for the

Comic book at the local book store trader.

I dunno, you can tell by the story, no one actually takes Robotech seriously, which to me is almost a slight

Against Macross because it's misrepresenting the core foundation of where the symbolic nature of the content comes from.

Well, I read it, it's bad, I mean, it's god awful. It just barely covers introductions and it's a retelling of what we've already known about in the old WS comics for max and ben, it's practically identical set up when they appear.

I mean WOW is this bad. I give it 3 issues tops, and it'll die.

Well, I read it, it's bad, I mean, it's god awful. It just barely covers introductions and it's a retelling of what we've already known about in the old WS comics for max and ben, it's practically identical set up when they appear.

I mean WOW is this bad. I give it 3 issues tops, and it'll die.

Isn't it like a 5 issue limited series? It would have to be really awful for them to cancel it without even finishing it. In all likelihood, the scripts are probably all done, so they just need another month or two for the art to be done. At that point, they might as well release the whole series since they've already paid the creators for their work.

I wasn't expecting a really great comic but maybe a fun AU story with cross mixing of the characters. Maybe have Macross characters piloting Vehicle Voltron or something. So far pretty bland story telling and terrible characterization..Hopefully Bill Spangler can bring Tommy's chaotic plots into a decent story..

Isn't it like a 5 issue limited series? It would have to be really awful for them to cancel it without even finishing it. In all likelihood, the scripts are probably all done, so they just need another month or two for the art to be done. At that point, they might as well release the whole series since they've already paid the creators for their work.

scripts have been finished, pages have been done and comics have been still canceled. Look at Dreamwave. They canceled all their comics mid way when Pat Lee couldn't pay his dues.

22 pages of this dribble is the setting point, another 11 pages is some other comic non related. now if this were back say 10 years ago when comics hadn't hit that 3-4 dollar mark, I wouldn't mind to much. But seeing how we ARE at that point, I expect a little more.

If you're gonna have a team up of RT & Voltron you're imagination has to be off the chain. There's so much potential for robotic clashes and crossover craziness. I'd have Vehicle Voltron fighting the Zentradi out in the far galaxy or the Drule Empire invading Earth to steal the SDF-1 on Macross Island. Maybe have appearances by the forgotten Voltrons Albegas & Daltenious teaming up with the Orguss Valkyrie & the Modat 5.

I will admit, Tommy usually is really good at art, but his title in this one is...WRITER. So, that means the craptastic abomination that this is, is all from his head. It truly is one of the worst comics I've read. The story jumps with no transitions, has crappy cliches and stupid jokes in the worst places possible, and the art is sketchy at best. There are some character faces that look like they should, then some (Princess Allura) where she looks like a pudgy, ugly little kid who just stuffed their face with a a lard cake. Then, to charge $4 for this garbage is just a sin. I read it, but did not buy it, and never would. Save your money, go to your favorite fast food place and enjoy a meal. You'll enjoy it better than this crap.

**SHRUGS** Really wasn't recording for you....lol!

Haters and internet tough guys are gonna hate..... :rolleyes:

Not hating; I'm only a content consumer commenting. You won't ever catch me saying things like "Rowboattech" or "Whoremoney Gold."