Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

This was "loco"! but glad it turned out the way I wanted. It stays fine without glue, so I can still transform it.

I will later paint the landing gear and add the stickers.

izamu1.jpg

izamu2.jpg

izamu3.jpg

izamu4.jpg

That's fantastic!!! Its exactly what I was thinking was wrong, just the front gear looks a little short. I bet now the gunpod hangs better too. So does it telescopically collapse to retract the gear into the wheel well?

I've always wanted to do this and make it swivel. Where did you get that metal piece?

That is part of a tire valve core. Found it in my toolbox and got the idea from it.

I could've done a better job, but was impossible to detach the landing gear from the body. There are two little plastic covers that conceal the screws. One is easy to take out, the other one seems to have glue. I couldn't drill more on the upper landing gear, it gets extremely hot and the plastic can get compromised. I had to soak the metal on cold water when drilling, not easy. I only drilled a tiny hole so the pin can get inside without falling apart. The gunpod hangs very good now and the valkyrie has a perfect landing angle.

For 300 dollars, Arcadia should've come up with a spring mechanism for the landing gear.

This was "loco"! but glad it turned out the way I wanted. It stays fine without glue, so I can still transform it.

I will later paint the landing gear and add the stickers.

izamu3.jpg

Nice looking shot, the background really makes it! Like its on a beach or a carrier deck at sunset!

Yep, that's been my biggest gripe with the landing gear all along, the nose looks way too short. I kinda ignored it, and figured it worked like the F-4, with the front gear jacking up in the air once the plane started and hydraulic pressure built up.

Looks awesome that way, and grats for having the courage to try it!

Edit: Also, something stupid I realized.. the collapsing grip does absolutely nothing to raise the gunpod tip.. the part that collides with the crotch plate isn't even the part that can collapse. <_<

Edited by Chronocidal

Great mod, so does it still fit in the gear well? Do you have to take the mod out to retract the gears and close the doors or does it telescopically retract?

Wooo - look what I just got in the mail;

post-1623-0-56256100-1397616711_thumb.jpg

Excuse the 'enhancements' done in Photoshop to make the camera phone pics decent.

At work at the moment, so can't test on the '19 until I get home in 6ish hours... Was off by 1mm on the length of one of the slots - but easily cut off that mm to make it fit (bottom missile launcher) - it's chunky and I love it.

Stay tuned!

Guest davidwhangchoi

Excuse the 'enhancements' done in Photoshop to make the camera phone pics decent.

At work at the moment, so can't test on the '19 until I get home in 6ish hours... Was off by 1mm on the length of one of the slots - but easily cut off that mm to make it fit (bottom missile launcher) - it's chunky and I love it.

Stay tuned!

so cool

attachicon.gifYF-19_IMAG0471.jpg

Stay tuned!

Nice!

Great mod, so does it still fit in the gear well? Do you have to take the mod out to retract the gears and close the doors or does it telescopically retract?

I have to take out the lower part that I cut to transform it, so it is not a perfect transformation anymore. I could've done a retractable mechanism using a spring but for that I needed to drill a bigger wider hole on the upper part. That was not possible because drilling metal requires force, generating too much heat and can damage the plastic. Too bad that you can not not take the whole landing gear part out of the toy. One little plastic cover that conceals a screw is the culprit.

Hey are you going to sell aftermarket stickers for the 19? I think I bought a bunch from you before.

I still have a couple left. I won't make more of those because the 3M stiicker sheet that I used is discontinued.

I guess we have different definitions of "fit." You can put it on but you're cramming it on there and making it work in a fashion that isn't really proper. I tried it with my Fast Packs and despite making it work it just wasn't right. The packs don't actually snap into those grooves on the wing roots like they're supposed to. You're just wedging it between the wing root and wing.

My definition of fit is that it will fit. No, it doesn't snap into position, but it isn't loose (unlike other YF-19 parts... :rolleyes: ). The raised sections are there for a reason, as are the shoulder holes.

Edited by Tober

No laziness this time!!

BAT's photos

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bat_/sets/72157644019720723/

Good man!

https://flic.kr/p/n9BhmM

Anybody notice how the left and right wings on BAT's 19 aren't at the same angle? Both the broken and replacement 19 I got are like this as well. Drives me bonkers looking at it all lopsided like that.

Mildly bothersome to have to adjust the wings to get them to look correct from all angles/top and bottom, but not a big deal to get them even/symmetrical with one another.

-b.