Really? gonna go with that? I agree, it hasn't changed much, it's modernized from it's old 80's designs, and it still retains the look of the ingram. You can't look at that and say it DOESN'T resemble an ingram.

You can't look at the bay-verse Optimus Prime and tell me that didn't change much from G1, this is very comparable. Yes it RESEMBLES the old Ingram, but they clearly and deliberatly changed every aspect of it to diferentiate from the original.

Haven't we been over this before, the next generation's ingram is a step back from the original design. Instead of being sleek like the original the new one looks like a mess with a buncha random armor parts slapped onto it to make it look "cool". It's far from being the future of labor designs that we had seen in the series.

To the movies benefit it does look like they will be using that 1:1 ingram prop in many shots. I'm glad it isn't going to be some cheap CGI robot that everyone walks around and fakes looking at in the hanger.

This doesn't look half bad. They don't show much, so it's hard to say where they are going dramatically or if the series will contain the trademark humour of Patlabor. The Ingram looks amazing as a live action adaptation of Izubuchi's classic mechanical design. I'll have to keep this on my radar.

Instead of being sleek like the original the new one looks like a mess with a buncha random armor parts slapped onto it to make it look "cool". It's far from being the future of labor designs that we had seen in the series.

This is good! You understand exactly what they were going for! These Ingrams were cobbled together from parts and are not advanced future labors!

Oh... A lack of buildings compared to now in Tokyo... Only 15 years ago.

We can see much more from Odaiba right now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That music at the end was so patlabor. This is shaping up to be a fun looking series.

Wait, is this supposed to be a TV show or a movie? If it's a new tv series, that could explain a lot.

Wait, is this supposed to be a TV show or a movie? If it's a new tv series, that could explain a lot.

It's a movie. However, it's going to be a 13 episode series which is going to be broken into 7 theatrical showings.

I just hope the acting is half-way decent.

Edited by Vifam7

I just hope the acting is half-way decent.

Look at their facial expressions in every shot. I've given up hope on that front. All I want is that any good outweighs the bad.

Although even in the trailer we have a trademark Oshii fish-eye lens shot, so... :/

Look at their facial expressions in every shot. I've given up hope on that front. All I want is that any good outweighs the bad.

Although even in the trailer we have a trademark Oshii fish-eye lens shot, so... :/

That's why I thought it might have been a TV show....the acting is already spelling trainwreck for me.

It looks very "bad 90's CGI."

Yeah I noticed alot of Japanese live action seems a decade behind us in cgi and computer effects. But what we can hope for is that more live action stuff comes out because if done well and sells chances are a big buget film can come out

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, so far the story setup in episode 0 has me impressed. They explain how Labors are no longer viable in the modern world/recession/Japan no longer being at the technological forefront anymore. They explain what happened to the entire old cast. Only Shige is left from the old guard, although it looks like Noa returns as an instructor.

This is pretty much a fully fledged sequel. I am impressed.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1fhrxr

• 2 months later...