So what will be the first Arcadia branded Macross offering?

jvmacross

So now we know what's THIRD....what do we want next!!!  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Let Arcadia know what you want them to release next in their 1/60 line....

• VF-5000
    • SDF-1 TV

Damn, I only had one must-have valk left to add to my collection (VF-1S DYRL) but I waited too long and I can't find any stock available. Suggestions? Or am I out of luck? I guess it's not the end of the world, since I have a VF-1A and a VF-1J...I mean, how many of these fighters do I need?

-edit-

Nevermind! I found one! Angolz has quite a few different valks in stock--some actually on sale! Anyone want a VF-1A for ~$60? Their shipping is pretty expensive, though. Anyway, I've had good luck with them before, so check it out.

Edited by Benbot

I just put in another big order with HKC and the two VF-1's I ordered are now listed as out of stock. Got in just before the door closed I guess... Now I only need a few more VF-1's to complete my want list. And of course 2 of them are the hardest to find (VF-1J M&Ms).

Which two VF-1's did you order?

The 1/60 VF-1S Roy TV version (not the 30th anniversary version) and the VF-1A DYRL Hayao. Both are now listed as OOS

Yeah...I was eyeing that TV VF-1S! Almost bought it this morning too! Had to resort to ordering it thru HKC's eBay auction. I hope they have one in stock for me. The page said there were 2 available at that price ($144.99 shipped), so we'll see...

Edited by Old Man

Yeah...I was eyeing that TV VF-1S! Almost bought it this morning too! Had to resort to ordering it thru HKC's eBay auction. I hope they have one in stock for me. The page said there were 2 available at that price ($144.99 shipped), so we'll see...

Hopefully that is the case. I was contemplating overnight whether I should pick it up since I already have the VF-1S Hikaru Super TV version. Luckily I concluded that I need a spare due to future yellowing and the TV roy pilot figure. No cancellation email yet.

Wait... HKC has an eBay auction?

Edit: Ok... VF-1J available, more expensive than it was at their normal store...

Edited by plutoniumhunter

Wait... HKC has an eBay auction?

Edit: Ok... VF-1J available, more expensive than it was at their normal store...

Yeah, their eBay auctions tag on about a $10 premium with standard shipping. Still about the cheapest option for the TV VF-1S, besides that cherrytab seller, but I've had a bad experience with them in the past...

Yeah, it's pandimonium, stuff is flying off the E-store shevles. I snagged a DIY VF-1J from HLJ while they are still there.

I don't need anything else, so unless they discount the Kazki's some more, I'm good.

I'm pissed I missed the restock of the Fast packs though.

With the massive discounted sales that HLJ used to do, it might indicate that the macross line may no longer be profitable to Yamato.

I don't know, I think there's a healthy profit margin on those. Just looking around HLJ, they almost always have everything at 10-20% discounts all the time. Even the brand new Bandai DX is always 20% off the MSRP.

Actually, thinking about it, if I am management in Arcadia, assuming already there are plans to release the Macross line, I would keep mum about any release plans. Let the market soak up all remaining stock, and wait about 6 months after the dust settles before making a grand entry back into the arena.

The moment they make an announcement positively, the buying stops, which is not in their or retailers' favor.

I would do that. Just my 2 cents worth

Better be safe than sorry!

On the positive side, the upsurge in buying also sends a signal to Arcadia ( and retailers) that demand is still there, but either their pricing or marketing strategy isn't correct.

Edited by BlueMax

^^agree on both accounts. Keeping quiet and plugging away til the hysteria dies down is the best option.

And releasing more VF-4's in the future.

always more VF-4's.

Why put that much effort into a mold if you're only going to release one version of it? :)

Man.. this is an odd time for me. I've only gotten into Valk collecting late last year, when I picked up my 1st VF-1S v2 at 1 of the HLJ sale. It's been a slippery slope since, and then this happened. Still, I'm glad to have picked up the VF-19 Kai and P, the Quads and other VFs when they were cheap when i found them.

Only thing to concern myself with is whether I should pick up the other Valks I didn't have as much interest in. I still have the VF-25S/F and VB-6 to hunt though, so those are my grail for now.

Dude, get a VF-11B from HK, thank me later - utterly gorgeous valk in sculpth and transformation - elbows could use some better range and forward/backwards strength for the feet, but all in all - my most fave valk ever from Yamato.

I agree the VF-11B is an amazing Valkyrie. One of the best out there. Kicker has 11 of them!

I only have three 11B's and one 11C that I customized - would love another 11C...

Seeing it (11B) for $150-odd on HK, makes me wanna pull the trigger - BUT WHY DO I NEED ANOTHER ONE!?!? WHY AM I YELLING AT MYSELF!?!?

I do the same thing WHY?

25_zps7a52f494.gif

Lol

post-15125-0-30251400-1363831668_thumb.jpg

post-15125-0-68155900-1363831689_thumb.jpg

I only have three 11B's and one 11C that I customized - would love another 11C...

Seeing it (11B) for $150-odd on HK, makes me wanna pull the trigger - BUT WHY DO I NEED ANOTHER ONE!?!? WHY AM I YELLING AT MYSELF!?!?

I do the same thing WHY?

Lol

Because you guys can't hear yourselves with all the other voices...

• Gotta pull the trigger!
  • Why, why do I need another one?
  • Because this is it! This is my last chance!
  • What are you talking about, hrmmm... there is another!
  • Leiah!
  • No! Going broke!
  • Gotta go for broke!
  • DO IT! DO IT! DO IT NOW!

I don't know, I think there's a healthy profit margin on those. Just looking around HLJ, they almost always have everything at 10-20% discounts all the time. Even the brand new Bandai DX is always 20% off the MSRP.

Yes, they do have it at 10% off all the time, but what I was talking about are those frequent 30%-55% off sales that HLJ did for Yamato stuff. You don't discount that much unless you have too much stock and need to clear them or Yamato was supplying HLJ at cheaper price which in turn HLJ being able to offer at larger discount.

oh man.. you guys are killing me *adds VF-11B to cart*

Edit: WHY DO YOU GUYS HAVE SO MANY 11Bs?!?!

Also wondering if I should get the VF-1J (Ichijo Hikaru Ver) with Super/Strike Parts bundle... I already have VF-1S Hikaru and Roy versions with 2 Super/Strike Packs

Edited by SaitouSad

The VF-1J bundle is with TV Super Parts, which have a different color tone and arm pieces.

You still see it around? What are you waiting for?

oh man.. you guys are killing me *adds VF-11B to cart*

Edit: WHY DO YOU GUYS HAVE SO MANY 11Bs?!?!

Also wondering if I should get the VF-1J (Ichijo Hikaru Ver) with Super/Strike Parts bundle... I already have VF-1S Hikaru and Roy versions with 2 Super/Strike Packs

I just made giant panic purchase, I got wife approval of coarse lol.

Here is the list:

1/60 VF-1A SVF-26 Cavaliers (bought that last night)

1/60 VF-1A Movie with Optional Parts 30th Anniversary

1/60 VF-11B Thunderbolt w/ Super Parts

1/60 VF-19 Custom Fire Basara Nekki

1/60 VF-19S Emerald Force

1/60 VF-19F Emerald Force 30th Anniversary

1/60 VF-19P Planet Zola Patrol Color

1/60 VF-17S Diamond Force

1/60 Super Pack for VF-17

1/60 VF-17D with Super Pack 30th Anniversary

Cant wait to see what kinda box this comes in.....