So what will be the first Arcadia branded Macross offering?

jvmacross

So now we know what's THIRD....what do we want next!!!  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Let Arcadia know what you want them to release next in their 1/60 line....

• VF-5000
    • SDF-1 TV

I think the vf-14 is pretty ugly in fighter mode. Battroid looks cool, but the rest is just nah..

But my choice is also not very popular.

Only 2 votes for the VF-9 so far. :(

The Vf-3000 looks too similar to the VF-1 in my opinion, and for my part, i want something new, with a unique transformation.

VF-14 ugly?

issue_18_1.jpg

Yeah ugly... i don't like the nose-design at all.

But in the end thats just my personal opinion.

vf-14-m3blue-fighter.gif

LOL...but the batrroid is cool right?...which means if Arcadia makes it you'll buy it anyway.... :p

I think it's badass, and this version is strait up sexy:

1170aa5271bb2179.gif

Agreed, although I like both...the Macross Plus version is the one I would want done first.....if Arcadia does a 1/60 YF-19 V 2.0...maybe they would pair up the release with the VF-14 as an expansion of their Macross Plus line......crossing finger! :)

Black one is an improvement but that blue one is hideous. Battroid mode with the pointy head is also ugly....but maybe Arcadia can work their magic on me! :) Yes, VF-4 has always been a sexy beast.

Black VF-14 was shown in Macross Plus and Macross 7. It was obviously based on the SR-71 Blackbird.

For some awfully stupid reason, the VF-14 was retcon into that blue monstrosity for the Macross M3 dreamcast game. Since Macross 7 was aired in 1995 and then Macross M3 game in 2001 I think the blue version from the game is considered official status. Eventought, the events in M3 game chronologically happen before Macross 7 events.

Anyway, you can see the VF-14 Vampire in a Macross 7 Plus episode:

And you can see the blue VF-14 fighting bugs in the game intro + Max blue VF-4 and Millia VF-5000 action:

Edited by Valkyrie addict

The Mac7/Plus version of the VF-14 I'd buy in a second. I wouldn't touch the M3 version however, it looks terrible in all modes if you ask me. I also don't think the VF-9 looks good in any of it's three modes either. Everything else on this list I would buy however.

A YF-21 in those prototype colors would be pretty bad-ass, actually.

Edited by Mommar

Yep, that conversion kit is beautiful, but sadly we're missing the elongated cockpit from the VF-0D. Without the longer nose, I think the plane looks a bit too stubby, but that just means we need someone to build the nose section now. :)

I'd gladly grab a Yamato version if they made it, but I'm still wanting a new YF-19 mold first. :p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ugh, no more VF-19's. We need more newer models and less retreads of the old stuff. A VA-3 Invader would finish out the VF-X Valkyries, while a VF-14 would be just plain badass.

(Dare I say it, maybe some of Kawamori's Air Cavalry designs?)

VFs that are actually popular and will actually sell in numbers is a major factor in what sees the light of day as a mass-market KANZEN-HENKEI release,

and just about any iteration of the 19 series is infinitely more popular then either of those designs, especially in japan...

VFs that are actually popular and will actually sell in numbers is a major factor in what sees the light of day as a mass-market KANZEN-HENKEI release,

and just about any iteration of the 19 series is infinitely more popular then either of those designs, especially in japan...

Isn't this the damn truth! But if given a choice, I think I would like to see Arcadia come out with the VF-0D and it looks like I'm not the only one :) .

I think the VF-14 (blackbird colors) has the potential to do very well if Arcadia was willing to take a gamble on it. I'm pretty sure that if they released it as a limited release item like the VF-4G, it wouldn't sit around on shelves for very long as opposed to the VA-3 - which is sinfully ugly IMO. Completists would want it for sure and valkyrie addicts of sleek aircraft would too.

I only hope that Arcadia continues to push the boundaries of PT valk design and manufacture. Likewise I'm fearful that they're going to be gun-shy and just stick to paint variants of the tried and true VF-1 mold.

I think the VF-14 (blackbird colors) has the potential to do very well if Arcadia was willing to take a gamble on it. I'm pretty sure that if they released it as a limited release item like the VF-4G, it wouldn't sit around on shelves for very long as opposed to the VA-3 - which is sinfully ugly IMO. Completists would want it for sure and valkyrie addicts of sleek aircraft would too. I only hope that Arcadia continues to push the boundaries of PT valk design and manufacture. Likewise I'm fearful that they're going to be gun-shy and just stick to paint variants of the tried and true VF-1 mold.

I hate to say it but that VF-14 will only be bought by those of us here. And only if it's the M7/Plus Black Bird style. it's already such an obscure design and I sure wouldn't that M3 at all. I'd rather have a VA-3 that's ugly because of utilitarian purposes instead of just being a really bad design.