So what will be the first Arcadia branded Macross offering?

jvmacross

So now we know what's THIRD....what do we want next!!!  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Let Arcadia know what you want them to release next in their 1/60 line....

• VF-5000
    • SDF-1 TV

They should make a 1/60 Orguss. If this is the end for Macross toys, at least we can all admit, it was one helluva run. Still waiting for Graham's word back on this situation. It'd be nice if they (Arcadia) would give word on the status of the license. I think they're starting to lose faith from the fans for this franchise.

Are they actually losing faith from the Macross fanbase, or are they losing faith from the foreign Macross fans? I don't know one way or another. We all seem to be in a tizzy because we're worried our source of Macross toys overseas is disappearing, but given all the Yamato sales at places like HLJ, I wonder if the Japanese fans are so saturated with valks that they're not that concerned about it.

That's what i wonder about. A few people in this and the other thread keep stating that arcadia would be foolish to give up the licence since yamato is making so much money from it especially this last year. I kept wondering to myself how they know that. Yamato valks are always on sale after the initial release and a lot of time go on clearance. Kinda makes me think they aren't really selling that well. Also around the time the Gamilin Vf-22s came out, didn't yamato reduce the amount they produced per run?

It's funny every time I hear about the shoulder thing. This issue's been solved ages ago and people are still wondering which are the "good" Yamato VF-1's to buy. The answer is ALL OF THEM ^_^

Even if you get one of the "bad ones", we all know it's the knurled pin that's causing it. It's been said repeatedly that people should sand or replace the pin as a pre-emptive strike against shoulder breakage.

Are they actually losing faith from the Macross fanbase, or are they losing faith from the foreign Macross fans? I don't know one way or another. We all seem to be in a tizzy because we're worried our source of Macross toys overseas is disappearing, but given all the Yamato sales at places like HLJ, I wonder if the Japanese fans are so saturated with valks that they're not that concerned about it.

From others I've talked to outside these forums that live in Japan, Hong Kong, and other countries, yes, they are. That phenomenon isn't coming from over-saturation, or high prices. It has to do with no news. In just about every business, lack of news during a business acquisition, merger, or whatever this is, is usually never good news for the product if there's no updates. Maybe they don't know what they're going to do with the license, but that's something that should at least be mentioned. In any case, no updates makes anyone worry, not just the hardcore fans here.

Ditto, from what I'm hearing toy collectors and fans outside of MW are also worried by the lack of news and updates from Arcadia.

I also agree that in any sort of business transition like this, no news is generally a bad sign.

Although ownership for the molds for the toys could easily be transfered from Yamato to Arcadia, the licences from Big West to produce and sell the toys is likely another matter. This would probably involve Arcadia having to negotiate fresh licences with Big West.

Graham

most of Japanese forum about Yamato are now mentioning Yamato's Bankruptcy (not officially announced - mostly because there is no one left to announce it?)

Some are posting large re-stock of random Yamato Macross toys in Akihabara shops. Probably from Yamato back storage or something..

so...... I gave up on Renewal version of YF-19 and bought my long waited YF-19.

I couldn't find the repackage version, so I got the weathered version - which is still a repackage version, i think?

I ended up buying a lot of stuff I was on the fence about just in case. But I am still hopeful that Arcadia will get the license and the mold and will sell business as usual although it seems like it may take time. I have been a Macross fan for 28 years so I can be patient.

Hey, all the DYRL valkyries are the same shade of off-white, right? Was thinking of picking up a cheap VF-1A while they're still available and swapping the leg intake on my 1S since the tab snapped off ages ago.

Lord knows when we'll see any more valkyrie toys.

Edited by Lolicon

The HLJ link says its a March release, but given Yamato's current state, will it still see a release? Never mind; l just noticed the hkcollectibles link. Already released, just hasn't arrived at HLJ.

Wish they made a VT-1 Super Ostrich kit; might be a bit of a challenge building and painting it, but at least I'll be able to own one.

Edited by GU-11

Maybe, just maybe, Yamato is changing it's name and going dark about the future of Macross products specifically so people will start thinking there won't be any more Macross toys coming from them in the future. They want everyone to start panicking so that they'll buy up all the unsold stock sitting around at retailers in a blind panic.

6879237326_c9b2ce0ab1.jpg

Maybe, just maybe, Yamato is changing it's name and going dark about the future of Macross products specifically so people will start thinking there won't be any more Macross toys coming from them in the future.

I guess something like that for some time. VF toy lines y pretty much dead. I can't see what else any company could be doing afther VF-4, VF-1 v.2 and all the nex stuff far from change scales (bigger toys), new paint schemes or several re-isusses.

Bandai licence on F toys seems also pretty dead. (and maybe that's a sign of the low stocks reported of recent releases)

Maybe when some new series comes out will be seeing some more new Macross toys.

Edited by Froy

Yeah Arcadia is only likely to announce that they have a license. if they don't they won't have an announcement that they don't have the Macross license. So if we don't hear anything in the next month or so, i'd say don't expect anything from Arcadia. It could end without any acknowledgement.

I thought they showed a poster at wonderfest of a Hikaru doll. Wouldn't that mean they have a license of some sorts?

license enough to produce for SDFM/DYRL at the very least, no?

No, a drawing of something doesn't mean anything really. The good news is, the license for doing say, dolls, is different from doing a transformable mecha toy. The rights to be able to produce certain SDF Macross stuff might be pretty easy to secure provided no one else has a taste for that market. For example, it's unlikely Bandai wants to make Macross dolls so Arcadia could probably snatch up the rights pretty quick. If Bandai wants to make a 1/60 VF-1 toy... well that might put Arcadia in a really tough spot if they were hoping to buy Yamato's V2 molds.

Arcadia couldn't get the 1/60 scale license so they'll have to make everything at 1/61 scale from now on. Unfortunately they'll have to do the whole VF-1 series first.

1/61??? That's even smaller, can they get away with that. If they don't come up with a V2 YF-19 then what's the point in continuing any VF's in the Macross franchise. Plus Yamatos website is down.

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

I think it's pretty interesting that Yamato was selling 1/60 VF-1 toys (version 1) at the same time Bandai was reissuing 1/55 VF-1 toys. One would think that those scales and the prices the toys were sold for were so similar that only one company would have been given the rights at a time. We saw the same thing again when Yamato released its GnU toys at the same time Kaiyodo did their Revoltechs. So, it might be one of those things where the companies are given the option to pay more for the rights to make them exclusive for a size and type. Maybe we'll see a scenario where Arcadia keeps reissuing Yamato's V2 VF-1 toys and then Bandai starts popping out 1/60 DX VF-1 toys. So, I guess nobody knows right now, but all hope is not lost. If you were hoping for a Mac+ or MacZero toy I think you should have plenty of hope as it's very unlikely there's going to be a struggle for the license.

As I've stated before, I think it's time for the Macross universe to shrink to 1/72 scale. Toy manufacturing capabilities are so much better and the 1/100 Hi-Metal VF-1 is AWESOME and at 1/72 all the compromises like swap out landing gears/heat shield could be made integrated. Do it Arcadia.... shrink the universe and give us all new versions of everything Yamato made.