IXTL

Well you better order quick, actually maybe not since...

z9Z22jG.jpg

I know they scalp but isn't this a bit too far?

Edit: On the bright side, I'm gonna get an enormous amount of points from my credit card. Win!

Edited by raptormesh

Just got a payment request from NY for $215.78 USD ($191.94 + 21.59 SAL registered). At this point, is asking NY to change the payment currency to JPY pretty much the our cheapest option? ... because PayPal's USD>JPY rate is generally so bad that I'm thinking any potential savings would just cancel out PayPal's currency conversion rate.

Just got a payment request from NY for $215.78 USD ($191.94 + 21.59 SAL registered). At this point, is asking NY to change the payment currency to JPY pretty much the our cheapest option? ... because PayPal's USD>JPY rate is generally so bad that I'm thinking any potential savings would just cancel out PayPal's currency conversion rate.

Did you request for it or was it their request? The toy is still 2 weeks away from release.

Hope we all get a pristine copy of the toy from NY. I'm trying to brace my self for the shock when I open mine and one of the breast lasers is missing or the die cast is crumbling in my hands because the joints on the arm is tight as hell. :wacko:

I have to think positive, think positive, think....

What I heard is a payment request 2 weeks prior to the release of an item for preorders standard procedure at NY.

Edited by Scyla

What I heard is a payment request 2 weeks prior to the release of an item for preorders standard procedure at NY.

Quote NY: "If your order has not yet been paid approximately 15 days before the official release, you will receive a reminder email.

You will have 15 days from the date of receipt of this email to pay your order before canceling."

I was gonna pay for mine just to get it over with and they want payment in usd! Usually they just send me a jpy PayPal invoice even though I order in usd currency now it's stuck at usd.. I used the contact form to ask them to change my currency because it seems like they'll try and milk u anyway they can.. That seems really shady for a company :(

I was gonna pay for mine just to get it over with and they want payment in usd! Usually they just send me a jpy PayPal invoice even though I order in usd currency now it's stuck at usd.. I used the contact form to ask them to change my currency because it seems like they'll try and milk u anyway they can.. That seems really shady for a company :(

I made the same request. If they can't/won't change the currency then I plan to cancel the order. $204 shipped is a ridiculous price for this toy.

You and me both.. I also pre ordered the armor plus kento way back when my invoice shows it was $120 shipped back then when it's easily $100 shipped now and they want me to pay the $120 shipped price.. The fluctuation in currency should be helping us because NY still gets the amount they want... Hopefully they change mine but I'm pretty upset with them.. I distinctly remember getting invoice in yen in the past. Maybe they only invoice u on the strongest currency, next thing u know it'll be in euro... Shame on them!

Got my payment request too. But when I log into their system, my invoice is in Yen, exactly as when I made the preorder.

So it seems when preordering it will register the currency you are currently viewing. So preorders made in dollars will have to be paid by that exactly value, independently of the exchange rate at the time of payment (or toy release).

Although I understand the urge to save every buck you can but when you clicked on the preorder button there was a price at this point in time that you where willing to pay for the item because you had mostly no idea how the Yen/USD exchange ratio will go (If you did you should aim at a career in the investment branch sector). So I don't understand the whole fuss about the exchange rate.

If you buy a Transformer at TRU you pay the price printed on the box and don't make any calculations on how the material and labor costs have developed since they announced the item.

As I pointed out I understand the reason behind the money saving aspect but I don't understand the fuss about it. If the Yen/USD rate went the other way (which happened in the past and can happen in the future) you would gladly stick to the USD prerorder.

I checked the price when preordering and I thought the toy was worth it so I have no problems to stick with that price.

PS: I would be glad if software systems would always run without any errors.

Edited by Scyla

The fuss is... I've ordered from NY in the past and always used us currency to buy from their site... Vf-171 armor parts basara sheryl and so forth always in usd on their site... When I was billed for those items my PayPal invoice always came up in jpy not usd.. So ended up paying a buck or two more because of paypal a whack conversion.. But now when I'm billed I'm billed in usd not jpy. So yes I'm a little bothered that it has changed for the worse it seems. I'm sure u guys were billed the same way back then. That's my argument.

Btw if I buy a transformer from tru I don't pay what's printed on the box but 8.75% on top of that lol... Just saying :)

I also received a payment request email from NY today, asking for payment as the toy will be released 'soon'.

Graham

yeah i got that too. if i don't pay by the 24th, which i assume is release day they will cancel. i'm thinking.....why would i pay them this early?! Product is not even in stock yet. Its 2 weeks from being in stock. i can at the very least wait til my CC billing cycle is up so i can defer the actual cost to next month. lol. In reality i will just pay them probably Monday or Tuesday after the CC cycle is up and before i forget. lol.

Yeah, at Toys R Us, your paying MSRP + 10%, + Sales tax.

On NY, it says if you don't pay your pre-order, they may cancel all your pre-orders.

Better to just pay it, and be glad you don't have to pay the actual scalper prices for these.

Edited by skullmilitia

Yeah yeah sales taxes.

Regarding the billing practice of NY one can assume that the updated the store software and something changed with their billing. Not all companies are evil and try to milk their customers not everyone is like google. ;)

You can get infuriated when NY refuses the currency switch, adds a $100 fee because you asked a stupid question and cancels your account afterwards so you loose all your preoders. :ph34r:

I just brought up the topic because someone said that the price in USD was not worth the toy.

Yeah the TRU example was not chosen wisely it was just a clarification that you don't deal with such stuff when you buy in retail. :)

Yea your probably right... I sent them an email asking to convert the currency so hopefully they so that if not ill probably end up paying it unless I get lucky at a retailer and get it at retail. I never bothered emailing them in the past to switch currencies because was always billed in jpy but did it now with hopefully good results

I hope you succeed. NY was always responsive in the past but they're not as quick as other shops (I'm always astound how fast BBTS is responding).

The thing I worry the most when ordering from NY is that I get a flawless toy so no missing parts and OK quality control (I'm good if the QC is decent ;) ) because getting a replacement is kinda hopeless.

for those that ordered round 2 at 16000 yen in January the exchange rate change between then and now would save them about 20 bucks per Valk. The exchange rate right now is 99.35 O_o crazy

I canceled My old order and made a new one when they re opened this the other day. I saved nearly $100 and got faster FedEx shipping for cheaper than the original EMS shipping quote.

You can also wait for NY to put there's up. Yen might weaken further but I don't think it's gonna save me that much anyway. I'm a forgetful bastard so I like to get this out of the way. :)