All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

A quick review for the ThreeZero Atlas.

http://www.collectiondx.com/toy_review/atlas

It seems early reviewers are receiving prototypes, so I'm guessing the actual release isn't far off now! I personally didn't order one because Atlas is like cannon fodder, but it is an incredibly gorgeous piece, I'm definitely in for a Stryder when they announce it.

I've been playing more with the Atlas lately, and it's really become my favorite overall. I'm so ridiculously excited for mine to get here.

As for the other two, I'd probably end up getting an Ogre, but a stryder would have to either be cheaper, or come with A female sniper pilot for me to get one.

Edited by anime52k8

It seems early reviewers are receiving prototypes, so I'm guessing the actual release isn't far off now! I personally didn't order one because Atlas is like cannon fodder, but it is an incredibly gorgeous piece, I'm definitely in for a Stryder when they announce it.

Nice!

Hopefully any issues with the pilot figure are worked out well before launch.

I've been playing more with the Atlas lately, and it's really become my favorite overall. I'm so ridiculously excited for mine to get here.

As for the other two, I'd probably end up getting an Ogre, but a stryder would have to either be cheaper, or come with A female sniper pilot for me to get one.

So, as someone that's never played Titanfall I have to go off of aesthetics on the Titans themselves. Based on what I found via search on the Stryder and Ogre I wouldn't buy either.

-b.

Cool review! LOL, is that the first and last time your kid will ever get to touch that figure?

Never played the game before and the fig's a little rich for my blood right now. But judging from the quality of the Fullmetal Ghost I did buy, it should be second to none in terms of detailing and weathering.

BTW, the pilot for FM G was also an absolute bitch to get into the cockpit. With Fullmetal Ghost, it's worse, because of the controls getting in the way.

i'm getting so excited about this:

Any reason they decided to go for black bars on the top and bottom? Kinda makes the game feel a bit awkward for me (feels a little restricted).

I'm pretty surprised the PS4 is able to kick out this level of detail, but I'm somewhat worried that the final product will be cut back in some way (i.e. poor draw distance, DOF, aliasing, pop in, or poor frame rates).

If the Order does end up looking this good without taking performance hits, credit where it's due.

Guest davidwhangchoi

quote from kojima:

"Originally, we were thinking of making a game that would make you pee your pants," Kojima said at Gamescom today. But after further discussions with del Toro, Kojima said, "we are aiming for a game that will make you crap your pants."

I've still got both hooked up. Action shootery stuff would be nice; sci-fi themes are preferred but not necessary. Actually I think I've got a copy of Halo: Reach that I've never played. or I could do the one thing I swore I would never do in my lifetime and actually play mass effect. (I can't believe I'm even contemplating that... :wacko: )

Let me know if you start playing Reach. I loved it and wouldn't mind doing the co-op campaign again. It'll give me a chance to show off my funky green cloud that I saved up for.

Also, to my disappointment, Sacred 3 is horrible. They abandoned everything that made Sacred 2 fun. I hope I never learn who the voice actors and writers are. They will be made to pay.

Rebrand it as Iron Cog, change all the names and keep making it. Sheesh kids these days don't get how to work around copyright(and neither do I :lol: )

No, TITANIUM Cog!

Actually, that wouldn't have been a bad idea BEFORE Konami sent them the angry letter.

But now they're under the microscope.

Pity, though. Konami used to be real good about looking the other way on this kind of thing.

Maybe it just got so big they couldn't pretend they didn't know anymore.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i still think hayter is somehow involved with mgs5 bc initially these guys got kojima and konami's blessing... maybe they were getting too close to what kojima wants to do so it was stepping on kojima's plans so perhaps they were forced to pull the plug.

Also, to my disappointment, Sacred 3 is horrible. They abandoned everything that made Sacred 2 fun. I hope I never learn who the voice actors and writers are. They will be made to pay.

I was very excited for Sacred 3 but the early reviews were all BAD. I loved Sacred 2.

I am down to do Reach with ya Benson but come September 9th its all about Destiny.

So, I'm sure most of you are aware of Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro's Silent Hills trailer.

But, did anyone here play P.T., the game that contained the trailer? I can't remember the last time I played a game that unnerving.

Guest davidwhangchoi

So, I'm sure most of you are aware of Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro's Silent Hills trailer.

But, did anyone here play P.T., the game that contained the trailer? I can't remember the last time I played a game that unnerving.

always remember "it's only a game" and "now you're playing with power!" and you'll be safe.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

always remember "it's only a game" and "now you're playing with power!" and you'll be safe.

You try the game, and see how well it works for you. ;)

Seriously, almost the entire game takes place in a single L-shaped hallway, and the only controls are for movement, plus the ability to zoom a little to focus on certain things (save for one puzzle that does require you to hit X). But it uses repetition, subtle changes, ambient sounds, lighting, and atmosphere to create a sense of unease that slowly works it way into Kojima-style Psycho Mantis mind games and generally freaked up crap.

And since it's free and can be finished in under three hours if you know what you're doing, I'm basically going to recommend it to everyone with a PS4.

Guest davidwhangchoi

You try the game, and see how well it works for you. ;)

Seriously, almost the entire game takes place in a single L-shaped hallway, and the only controls are for movement, plus the ability to zoom a little to focus on certain things (save for one puzzle that does require you to hit X). But it uses repetition, subtle changes, ambient sounds, lighting, and atmosphere to create a sense of unease that slowly works it way into Kojima-style Psycho Mantis mind games and generally freaked up crap.

And since it's free and can be finished in under three hours if you know what you're doing, I'm basically going to recommend it to everyone with a PS4.

i downloaded and installed it release day during gamescon but i'm actually too creeped out to play it... i couldn't finish the original silent hill for ps1.

so i settled for the resident evil series bc it's more story and jumpy than creepy.

but maybe i'll give it a whirl...

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I don't have a PS4, and I refuse to play scary/horror games where you're not given a weapon.

Having a weapon gives you some feeling of power or control that detracts from the horror. The more powerful your weapons, the less scary the game is. Games like Resident Evil and Dead Space, they're fun games with some decent jump scares, but I don't think they're really scary. Not like P.T.

BTW, Old_Nash, Outlast was good times, but I swear it's like a summer day at the beach compared to P.T.