All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

Holy s#@%, there are actually other people out there that didn't think Last of Us was the single greatest gift to gaming? And more then that, the people showing disinterest aren't being jumped on and bashed for not praising it as the greatest game in the history of man kind? My mind is blown.

The prologue was epic, but I got bored really quickly shortly after that.

It quickly became clear to me that Naughty Dog was telling a story I wanted to experience, but I felt like the game they used as a medium was just sub-par.

Holy s#@%, there are actually other people out there that didn't think Last of Us was the single greatest gift to gaming?

Yeah, we're out there. Like I said, the story seemed really good and I tried really hard to give it a chance, but it was just Uncharted's gunplay without enough ammo (or the parkour exploring that actually makes Uncharted fun despite the mediocre gunplay), a melee system that really discouraged you from using it, and a stealth mechanic that just didn't stack up to games like Deus Ex, Dishonored, or even the newest Wolfenstein. In other words, I didn't think it was actually fun to play.

And more then that, the people showing disinterest aren't being jumped on and bashed for not praising it as the greatest game in the history of man kind?

I'm as shocked as you.

Holy s#@%, there are actually other people out there that didn't think Last of Us was the single greatest gift to gaming? And more then that, the people showing disinterest aren't being jumped on and bashed for not praising it as the greatest game in the history of man kind? My mind is blown.

Ha! I'm more surprised at your surprise. The "single greatest gift to gaming" The Last of Us is not.

It quickly became clear to me that Naughty Dog was telling a story I wanted to experience, but I felt like the game they used as a medium was just sub-par.

Yeah, we're out there. Like I said, the story seemed really good and I tried really hard to give it a chance, but it was just Uncharted's gunplay without enough ammo (or the parkour exploring that actually makes Uncharted fun despite the mediocre gunplay), a melee system that really discouraged you from using it, and a stealth mechanic that just didn't stack up to games like Deus Ex, Dishonored, or even the newest Wolfenstein. In other words, I didn't think it was actually fun to play.

I'm as shocked as you.

B))

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Holy s#@%, there are actually other people out there that didn't think Last of Us was the single greatest gift to gaming?

nice try with the sarcasm tking22 ;) i'll join in on the fun

no, that's the Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past. Simply the greatest game ever!

It's the demographic. Now say you're not a fan of mass effect around here and you might just get a stab in the kidney. (Which really hurts the resale value, btw).

It's the demographic. Now say you're not a fan of mass effect around here and you might just get a stab in the kidney. (Which really hurts the resale value, btw).

A stab AND a punch just for good measure.

Mass Effect rules, everything else drools.

:touche:

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Works fine on 360 and PS3. B))

-b.

but i sold my 360 and don't want to get it for ps3 if the remake is rumored to come to ps4/xone

ME1-3 pc, needs controller support.

Why would you want to use a controller for Mass Effect on PC, when you have a perfectly good mouse and keyboard?

It's like asking nails to work better with a screwdriver when you already have a hammer.

Guest davidwhangchoi

haha, so true. lol

Glorious PC Gaming Master Race disagrees with your desire to use a controller with ME on PC.

(pretty funny, i was reading all the threads asking about controller support and they were just getting killed)

i knew i would get the PC reaction :p ...

it's because i'm a console gamer and an alienware m18x with dual 7970m's fell into my hands. so steam stuff is always cheaper than console games and the graphics are much better. so i thought i would use it instead of a console with a controller.

lo and behold ME didn't work??? with controller bc bioware said it couldn't spent the time and effort...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-16-bioware-explains-why-pc-mass-effect-3-doesnt-support-gamepads

that's some B.S. it 's like a 5 sec patch...

anyways, i don't even use a mouse but just the touch pad... when i play without a controller. lol

Edited by davidwhangchoi

nice try with the sarcasm tking22 ;) i'll join in on the fun

no, that's the Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past. Simply the greatest game ever!

That's an interesting mis-spelling of Super Metroid.

because Mass Effect was originally designed for consoles including being designed to use a controller. also because keyboards suck.

Quoted for truth.

Mass Effect is a great game. It's a shame they never made any sequels.

Hey, was Strike Suit Zero any good? I vaguely remember someone talking about it here a while ago, and it's this months free-with-gold game on XB1.

:edit:

BTW, does anyone know how the Xbox One is able to completely monopolizes all of the bandwidth in a house when it's downloading something? With the 360, I could have it downloading an update while watching video on two different computers and they'd all share the internet equally. Any time the XB1 is installing something every other device in the house slows to sub-dial up speeds until it's done.

Edited by anime52k8

Guest davidwhangchoi

That's an interesting mis-spelling of Super Metroid.

someone then would accuse me of mispelling castlevania:sotn and every other clone of super metroid.

Guest davidwhangchoi

HOOOOOOOOOOOOO the best announcement for today!!!!

be sure to turn on english subtitles by pressing cc button and click yes on the youtube player

take a look at the comparison shots

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-05-resident-evil-1-getting-remastered-re-release-on-pc-ps3-ps4-xbox-360-and-xbox-one

you'll be able to play in 4:3 and 16:9

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

Resident Evil remaster? Yes, please and thank you.

@ David, that XB 360 is still available to trade for one of your Valks! B))

-b.

if you throw in your sink, i'll think about trading a 171 cannon fodder with broken shoulders

Anyone played Shovel Knight :)

i want to :) i heard it's good from duke

A quick review for the ThreeZero Atlas.

http://www.collectiondx.com/toy_review/atlas

It seems early reviewers are receiving prototypes, so I'm guessing the actual release isn't far off now! I personally didn't order one because Atlas is like cannon fodder, but it is an incredibly gorgeous piece, I'm definitely in for a Stryder when they announce it.