All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

Bonus points if you played it in an arcade! (actual arcade, not a lone machine in a pizza place or something)

Not the original, but I played Street Fighter II: Champion Edition at the arcade inside Kennywood Park. I thought it was so cool that you could play the bosses, since my prior SF experience was limited to the first SNES version.

FRAK. YOU. ALL. I'm gonna ban the next person to make me feel old. :(

I feel 50 if it makes you feel any better.

David, if I won 3 games in a row I felt likea miracle worker.

i was one of the best players in my neighborhood. till the guy who beat me went on to win several tournaments. but i could hold my own beating a whole line of players for about 4 hours at my local arcade.

Challenge. Accepted.

I feel 50 if it makes you feel any better.

David, if I won 3 games in a row I felt likea miracle worker.

Ha! I learned from getting my ass handed to me over and over and over and over and over again by my friends. But when I started handed out the beatings it was truly one of those "the student has become the teacher" moments.

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

man we need an local coin-up arcade where we can meet with street fight champion edition. lol

i just remember my friends betting on me on a best of 10 games and i lost to that champion... i was humbled. i just remember the over powering guys for each machine (if you believe it)

SFII dalism

SfII CE Sagat. (each character is decent but there's usually one character that cant be beat no matter what: for ryu it was dalsim and guile,. Bison's weakness was guile. guile's weakness was dalsim and Sagat.

Sagat, no real weakness.

man we need an local coin-up arcade where we can meet with street fight champion edition. lol

i just remember my friends betting on me on a best of 10 games and i lost to that champion... i was humbled. i just remember the over powering guys for each machine (if you believe it)

SFII dalism

SfII CE Sagat. (each character is decent but there's usually one character that cant be beat no matter what: for ryu it was dalsim and guile,. Bison's weakness was guile. guile's weakness was dalsim and Sagat.

Sagat, no real weakness.

+1,000,000

I only play as Ryu or maybe Ken but for sure there were always the over-powered or "cheap" characters and characters that have moves or other characters as Achilles heel. ^_^

I remember getting cursed out by some kid on PS Network when I beat his Akuma with Ryu calling me cheap and I was like...wait, you're playing as that guy and talking trash. LOL

-b.

Come to Denver. We have an adult only arcade with booze. Dave and Busters is what it's called. It's huge.

LOL - Dave and Busters are everywhere (or at least everywhere I've lived and/or visited).

Was too busy getting drunk to remember if they had any SF games...

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

+1,000,000

I only play as Ryu or maybe Ken but for sure there were always the over-powered or "cheap" characters and characters that have moves or other characters as Achilles heel. ^_^

I remember getting cursed out by some kid on PS Network when I beat his Akuma with Ryu calling me cheap and I was like...wait, you're playing as that guy and talking trash. LOL

-b.

lol he played akuma and called you cheap

lol he played akuma and called you cheap

Exactly. Kids, I tell ya...

When is the latest Street Fighter money grab coming for Capcom coming out again? I'm itching to jump back online and play now.

I've never had them around me before.

Oh, sorry. They're pretty cool but kind of pricey. Always a good date night and if you can swing it an awesome place for after-hours team-builds for work (I could tell you some stories about drunken co-workers...).

-b.

^gotcha

Guess I'll get it paid ASAP.

-b.

have you put in your payment yet?

I ordered through them, but even though I did checkout with paypal. it didn't charge me. I went in and used the pay now button on my account and that payment went through instantly with paypal (showed up on my paypal account and I got an email from paypal), but it still says awaiting payment on threezero's site. I'm hoping I don't get charged twice.

have you put in your payment yet?

I ordered through them, but even though I did checkout with paypal. it didn't charge me. I went in and used the pay now button on my account and that payment went through instantly with paypal (showed up on my paypal account and I got an email from paypal), but it still says awaiting payment on threezero's site. I'm hoping I don't get charged twice.

Nope! Ordered thru HLJ instead.

-b.

The shipping on that from japan will be crazy. I just want to pay for it, not think about it for 5 months and be surprised when fedex drops off a giant ass shipping box at my house one day.

The shipping on that from japan will be crazy. I just want to pay for it, not think about it for 5 months and be surprised when fedex drops off a giant ass shipping box at my house one day.

Which actually sounds like a cool idea to absorb a $ 400 purchase, I just don't want to commit the money right now. B))

And don't mention the shipping charge, at least HLJ is generally fair with their rates.

-b.

well, it's been a couple days now, Threezero's site has updated to processing and I still see only one charge for the figure in paypal and my bank account so I think I'm all good. Now begins the waiting...

134120739016_zpsa5db8ad5.jpg

Do we even have video game arcades anymore? I too was born in the 90s ('94), and don't remember ever even seeing any (at least, in the U.S.)

Yeah man, Dave & Buster's is a chain that has arcade, other games including pool and serves food and drinks (although you're too young to enjoy the latter).

Now I need to look around my area to see if there still any proper coin-ops still going.

Oh, and you better hope azrael doesn't see your post! :lol:

-b.

we've got a few tiny ones around here. there's a golfland really close to my house that has one and the nearest mall does too. the only dave and busters I know the actual location of is pretty far out for me.

Do we even have video game arcades anymore? I too was born in the 90s ('94), and don't remember ever even seeing any (at least, in the U.S.)

Oh, and you better hope azrael doesn't see your post! :lol:

sad-smiley-001.gif Thanks a lot. sad-smiley-043.gif

Guest davidwhangchoi

love arcades, the only coin-ops i couldn't stand were the player-10 choice where you can play nes games but for 3 mins for each quarter.

there was however the pro-choice games. like nes gradius in the arcades just straight up tradition 25 cents for 3 lives. oh i also hated when games were 2 quarters. i would always skip it.

Thanks a lot. sad-smiley-001.gifsad-smiley-043.gif

Alright, since the tears came out I graduated high school the year that's mentioned in that post AND my only child is only three years younger than the poster. So...yeah... :blink:

love arcades, the only coin-ops i couldn't stand were the player-10 choice where you can play nes games but for 3 mins for each quarter.

there was however the pro-choice games. like nes gradius in the arcades just straight up tradition 25 cents for 3 lives. oh i also hated when games were 2 quarters. i would always skip it.

Those sound like they suck. Glad I never had any pay for time games/arcades. That might have turned me off from them completely as kid.

*and for those with X-Box Live/360, Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition is free!!!

-b.

Life Force was awesome.

No. SALAMANDER was awesome.

Life Force was hacking the godawful Gradius power-up bar into a game that was never designed for it, and possibly qualifies as a crime against humanity. Konami should be ashamed of themselves.

No. SALAMANDER was awesome.

Life Force was hacking the godawful Gradius power-up bar into a game that was never designed for it, and possibly qualifies as a crime against humanity. Konami should be ashamed of themselves.

:(

well I liked it

-b.

I have... strong opinions about Gradius and related games. To put it mildly.

Hey, it's all good. We're all passionate about this, that and the other. I loved the game as a kid so from a nostalgic standpoint I do as an adult.

Maybe if I would have had experience with Salamander I might feel differently, but alas.

-b.