DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

As I said in a previous post, I highly doubt that Play Asia will be able to fulfil their orders. I can put in 10,000 of it and it's fine. They have not set any limit at all. Just don't pay for it first using PayPal. Best to use credit card and get charged when it's release. That way if they don't get stock you don't get charged.

good luck everyone. i hope it works out.

^_^

As I said in a previous post, I highly doubt that Play Asia will be able to fulfil their orders. I can put in 10,000 of it and it's fine. They have not set any limit at all. Just don't pay for it first using PayPal. Best to use credit card and get charged when it's release. That way if they don't get stock you don't get charged.

Perhaps not, it's too bad that there isn't much historical information on Play-Asia with regards to Bandai Mac Frontier Renewal pre-orders to work off of.

The optimist in me wants to say the window is open because most folks have never used Play Asia allowing them to go unnoticed, but the realist in me fully expects some sort of nonsense at some point.

Oh well.

And I used CC (NOT Debit) and not PayPal for my order.

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

^_^

Perhaps not, it's too bad that there isn't much historical information on Play-Asia with regards to Bandai Mac Frontier Renewal pre-orders to work off of.

The optimist in me wants to say the window is open because most folks have never used Play Asia allowing them to go unnoticed, but the realist in me fully expects some sort of nonsense at some point.

Oh well.

And I used CC (NOT Debit) and not PayPal for my order.

-b.

b, it's not going to go through. there's no harm though bc they won't charge unless they ship.

That's interesting...I've only ever used Play-asia to get CD/DVDs, printed material and games so they are reputable on that front. Never had any experience getting Valks from them but good luck to those who are trying!

Edited by xrentonx

I'm somewhat surprised no one has mentioned this yet.

VF-25S preorder available on Play-Asia.

Cheaper than NY too. as far as I know at a slight mark up over MSRP, with no limitations (which makes me wonder if they can even secure any stocks).

http://www.play-asia.com/dx-chogokin-macross-frontier-vf-25s-messiah-valkyrie-ozma-lee-cu-paOS-13-49-en-70-81rx.html

Thanks SaitouSad for the link. ^_^ I placed one order too just in case it went thru after reading everyone's concern on the open PO window with PlayAsia. And this is the cheapest one for now compared to NY. But I'm not gonna cancel my NY order yet just in case.

Just ordered from Play-Asia. Wow, I haven't used my account there in ten years.

So I guess I'll just let my preorder at Nippon-Yasan slip; $215 N-Y vs. $183 P-A. Is there any penalty at Nippon-Yasan for cancellations/non-payment of preorders? I have Masterpiece Bumblebee preordered with Nippon-Yasan and I'd hate to lose it due to backing out of another preorder.

Just in case you're worried on your account getting locked or something, I suggest that if the NY asked for payment on the 25S, pay the Bumblebee instead. That way, they will honor the payment you did on the other item and shipped it. Before they will lock your account for not paying the 25S. Just for your safety measure. ;)

Don't put all your hope on play asia. My reason, they don't limit the numbers and I could very well preorder over 1000 of them probably more too. I'll be surprised if they can get that many in.

They have a decent amount of DX figures on the site, it looks like they raise the price after release.

I also see that people complain, that playasia will cancel orders and raise the price on high demand items.

So it could all go wrong.

However, it does show that they don't allow cancellations easily. So take notice.

I just doubt they will have enough stock. At least with us lot, we don't believe they will, and we don't want to be unsure whether or not we have secured one. November is a long way away, so it's nothing but speculation, and that's what we spend 90% of our time doing before each release anyway ;)

Let's just hope they'll deliver. If not, it's the reason why I will not cancel my NY account. And I also use my CC instead of Paypal on paying the Ozma PO earlier. ^_^

won't they ban you or close all of your other preorders if you do that?

Would that also apply if you have already paid preorders with them?

I PO'ed YF-25 with them but decided not to get it. Instead I paid some other items first just to keep my account. And m y account is still ok after that. Last payment recently that I did was the YF-30. But PO's asside, what's the maximum cancellation that you can do before they lock your account? Right now, I got a -1 EX point just by ignoring/cancelling the YF-25 order.

Just to test it, I did attempt to modify my order, and it will let me change quite a few things about it (though I did not try to change the items or quantities).

It successfully let me change my payment method to a credit card, but since the payment was already sent via Paypal, I don't know if that will have any effect on the order at this point.

Here's the reply I got from their customer service when I asked the chances on the stock availability for everyone's orders:

Thank you for contacting Play-Asia.com.

As for your concern, we will ship pre order items once we already received the stocks from our suppliers. Please note that we do not have control over the stocks but our purchasing team is trying there best to source a copy for all pending orders by customers.

Rest assured, that we will ship your order once we receive the stocks in our ware house. We kindly ask for your patience in the meantime and we hope for your understanding.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Edited by no3ljm

Here's the reply I got from their customer service when I asked the chances on the stock availability for everyone's orders:

that's the answer. Their stock is not guaranteed. They will try to source it, but it they are not successful then they won't be able to fulfil their preorders. They probably not experience dealing with bandai dx and left their orders open to as many, and will just fulfil to whatever stock they can get. If you got you po in early then good chace you may get it. But late, then i think highly unlikely.

that's the answer. Their stock is not guaranteed. They will try to source it, but it they are not successful then they won't be able to fulfil their preorders. They probably not experience dealing with bandai dx and left their orders open to as many, and will just fulfil to whatever stock they can get. If you got you po in early then good chace you may get it. But late, then i think highly unlikely.

That's what I thought too. That's why I'm going to keep my NY PO to be safe. I think I will just also let the PO game continue and not to bother and try to look for good deal again since from what PlayAsia says PO's can't be cancel. Since there was no pay later option and I already put my CC information in there assuming that it will just get deducted automatically if the item gets available and shipped. Either or I may or may not have 2 Ozma. But one thing I'm sure is I will get one atleast. ;)

On second thought, I'm still not closing my door to the other well-known stores if ever they decided to open the PO again with good price. Then I just might ignore my upcoming NY invoice once again ala-YF25. ^_^

Guest davidwhangchoi

valks-1s no matter how many times you say it, this item is too in demand and there is little/no risk for people to pass up at this price. so i understand the forced optimism... though people are being wise by keeping their pre-orders open and keeping an eye out on other places,

in reality it's just wasting time. the obvious signs are there. this happened before with same site in recent memory (recently meaning, within in a year or two ago), people are either really new or have a short memory.

valks-1s no matter how many times you say it, this item is too in demand and there is little/no risk for people to pass up at this price. so i understand the forced optimism... though people are being wise by keeping their pre-orders open and keeping an eye out on other places,

in reality it's just wasting time. the obvious signs are there. this happened before with same site in recent memory (recently meaning, within in a year or two ago), people are either really new or have a short memory.

Yes I know. I just hope people read the thread and don't pay via PayPal as they will be paying in advance with the possibility of them not being able to get it and like anime52k8 said about BBTS, I remember a lot of ppl were not happy with them when they couldn't fulfil their vf-25s.

I don't see any point to give them your CC information.

It's a company that's not that used to dealing with Bandai shortages and they are going to get burned hard.

Unless the owners are good friends with a Bandai exe and can demand/beg/work a deal for a big allotment.

^ You know what would really suck? It's that once the current PO has been released in November, we won't be able to differentiate the older batch from the latest batch (which may benefit from tighter joints) when buying off Mandarake.

True. But if they're going to lower it back to Y10000 for the old Renewal releases, I might buy one and that's the one I'm going to paint and ruin it. Just in case i didn't paint it correctly. Hehehe. :lol:

But they really need to move that 25S Renewal releases now. there knowing that Bandai already put out a reissue on November. ^_^

A flood that they are still asking 400+ bucks for. Could be they are hoping most people don't notice, or could be, the way man is so spread out, some stores don't know about the re-issues.

It will only come down after several more re-issues and stock is sufficient.

Good for the people who brought them in and sold them though. They probably got full trade-in value of $200 bucks and got a whole new toy haha

Edited by Gakken85

Those VF-25S for $400+ on Mandarake could be months old listings before the reissue PO that are buried in the search feature. Too bad they don't have a time stamp of when it was listed. The newest one listed was sold for Y20000 so hopefully they adjust the other prices accordingly.

True. I just wish there was a way to tell when it was added to the online shop. I'm just curious to see how long it's been sitting. I dunno why, I just like looking at that.

Like you said Gakken, maybe the stores are not on the same page yet. I just gotta wait till the release.

True. I just wish there was a way to tell when it was added to the online shop. I'm just curious to see how long it's been sitting. I dunno why, I just like looking at that.

Like you said Gakken, maybe the stores are not on the same page yet. I just gotta wait till the release.

there is no date but I can confidently say to that from the time VF-25S has been confirmed to be released by November and until now, there is only one VF-25S listed, and that is the 20k yen that is already sold.

All of the 40k yen VF-25S were already there weeks or even month before the news of re-issue

I don't think they can keep up with every trend in every line.

I mean they know enough not to get speculated and they look up items as they buy them back from locals, but they deal in everything.

Running a business is more time consuming than keeping up with macross :D

I find it odd that Mandarake doesn't adjust prices for items that have been sitting there for months because the price is sky high.

It probably all depends on a few factors, including how they track inventory or actual space for items. If they're not overstocked or in need of space for something else then they can afford to let an item sit until it sells.

I do remember that a couple of years ago when I first started using Jungle they actually would drop the price of items on what I think was a weekly cycle. I purchased my first few sets of VF-25 Renewal Armor and Super Parts that way. From what I can tell they don't do that anymore, at least not on Macross items.

More on topic, every time my alert scanner goes off I get all super excited for an opportunity to order a 25S but it's always something else. :(

-b.

Hey guys, been lurking for a bit. I've collected from the 1/48 and 1/60 line, but collecting from the renewal series is ridiculous. Over two years and still can't order an Ozma lee. I did manage to order a VF25G, but unfortunately the crotch piece broke, so now it can't stand. I only transformed it once, into battroid mode, and displayed it in that mode for about a year. Any suggestions on how to fix it? Thanks and sorry if this is the incorrect place to post this message.

Hey guys, been lurking for a bit. I've collected from the 1/48 and 1/60 line, but collecting from the renewal series is ridiculous. Over two years and still can't order an Ozma lee. I did manage to order a VF25G, but unfortunately the crotch piece broke, so now it can't stand. I only transformed it once, into battroid mode, and displayed it in that mode for about a year. Any suggestions on how to fix it? Thanks and sorry if this is the incorrect place to post this message.

Pictures would help