DX VF-171EX from Macross Frontier

charger69

I like the giant 171 on it's chest. It's so when the VF-171 falcon punches a space lobster to death, that space lobster knows exactly who killed him right before he blows up. That's about as badass as you can get right there.

Anyone see this version? ....just kidding. I can't believe I painted the most expensive valk I ever bought. I'm one of the very few who just happens to like the grey version better.

Great job on repainting the stripes.

I'd also like to see more pics of it from other angles and modes.

Photoshop would have been a much cheaper way to go!

I used Krylon grey primer and tocoat from Mr. Hobby to match the satin/semi-gloss finish of the black already on the 171. If you look closely at the last "1" on the chest, the front of the head and the stripes at the front of the ankle (too wide), you can see some errors, but all-in-all I'm happy.

I'm so worried about paint chipping I'm scared to transform it, but maybe on the weekend when I have time.

Thanks for the good words!

Edited by physioguy

I think we all want to see more pictures of the Grey version. I'd have been very happy if Bandai had released the 171 like this.

It could happen if Bandai decides to release the wing men that Alto had in his squad while flying the 171. Just not sure if they are willing to gamble on non hero or main cast valks.

All they would have to do is change the head a little and the color scheme.

Edited by Loop

It could happen if Bandai decides to release the wing men that Alto had in his squad while flying the 171. Just not sure if they are willing to gamble on non hero or main cast valks.

All they would have to do is change the head a little and the color scheme.

What if they release this one?

post-467-0-31576700-1343519201_thumb.jpg

They already did something like that with the Konig Monster SP.

Woohoo! Just got mine in the mail today from Nippon-Yasan.com - that website seems pretty legit, since I was able to score my last couple MF fighters from it when the fighters were sold out from most of the usual sites (ie., HLJ, AmiAmi, etc.)

Woohoo! Just got mine in the mail today from Nippon-Yasan.com - that website seems pretty legit, since I was able to score my last couple MF fighters from it when the fighters were sold out from most of the usual sites (ie., HLJ, AmiAmi, etc.)

They're legit. I got my VF-171EX, YF-29, F and S Super parts and now they just sent my F and S Armor parts. I've got the VF-25G and VF-171EX armor parts on preorder as well from them. =)

They're legit. I got my VF-171EX, YF-29, F and S Super parts and now they just sent my F and S Armor parts. I've got the VF-25G and VF-171EX armor parts on preorder as well from them. =)

And they're very good about communicating, which I find reassuring about an overseas seller.

Weren't those super parts web exclusives too?

So is that canon in any way? Cuz it's cool.

(null)

Currently I cannot find anything that indicates that the opening chest is cannon, but it makes sense though if you look at the armored packs on the VF-25's the shape of the chest area is close in design.