good man. I can't wait for it mine to get here, I really want to see DAT ASS in person. :p

That tanned cleavage is mouth-watering but I'm going to hold out for the longer haired version; assuming it will be available to us...

I sometimes wonder if Voyager Entertainment would make a contract with some American toy companies or not.

If they don't do so, all the items will be Japan-made and gonna be expensive.

Thanks, rabbed me a Yamamoto right away. In other news, totally missed out on that BD box, but now I'm wondering if anyone would be intetested in having a custom Paul Champagne box made, like we did with Plus a few years ago. Looks like he does ghem on BD sizes now.

It looks like Yamamoto is up again at amiami for those still looking for her.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-9072

I don't collect PVC figures, but even I must admit that these Yamato girls are hard to resist...

They are which is why I ordered mine yesterday on CD Japan (just a tad cheaper than AmiAmi). I'm extremely pleased. I think a lot of people must have canceled their pre-order. Now I'm patiently waiting for my "your order has shipped" email.

Marzan! You might have just persuaded me to get my first PVC figure (yeah not too hard with Yamamoto, one of my favorite characters in the reboot). Was there a prototype of Melda Dietz posted a few pages back? I think these two pilots would be a nice pair and then I'll have something cool to display alongside the blus.

Edit: Oops, I'm too late for the cdjapan order, so I paid up at amiami. I also corrected my misspelling of Melda's full name. :o

Edited by technoblue

Got mine in this morning! (postman came by surprisingly early today). Overall she's a very nice figure. Paintwork and sculpt are solid, detail is very nice and she's a decent size for 1/8th scale. My main complaints are that 1) in person, her sculpt makes it look like she's leaning over a little bit from certain angles, 2)her face doesn't have much expression to it and 3) her base is pretty meh. That said, the details in here suit, helmet and jacket are lovely. Also her ass is even nicer in person. :p

Edited by anime52k8

....Was there a prototype of Merda Ditz posted a few pages back?

:huh: Wait, what? Is that name for real? Merda, as in Scat? And Ditz, as in Scatterbrained? :blink:

Oh, Japan, sometimes it's hard not to engage in ridicule with your choices of character naming... :rolleyes:

Oh, also, bonus points to Megahouse for making Yamamoto's Ahoge a separate piece that pegs into the top of her head and including both ridged and soft-flexable plastic options.

Fragile Ahoges = single most annoying flaw possible with a figure IMO.

:huh: Wait, what? Is that name for real? Merda, as in Scat? And Ditz, as in Scatterbrained? :blink:

Oh, Japan, sometimes it's hard not to engage in ridicule with your choices of character naming... :rolleyes:

No, not at all. I should have looked up her name in the Space Battleship Yamato Wiki.

The proper spelling is Melda Dietz. And now I feel like a moron for copying and pasting from some other random site.

Apologies...

No apologies necessary. ;)

Melda Dietz... much, much better. It "sounds" German. Although, with the somewhat ambiguous, and kind of interchangeable, nature of "R" and "L" in Japanese, the original spelling you had for her first name could also be deemed correct, but oh so wrong... :p

No, not at all. I should have looked up her name in the Space Battleship Yamato Wiki.

The proper spelling is Melda Dietz. And now I feel like a moron for copying and pasting from some other random site.

Apologies...

Actually, that's how they spelled her name at the official site's character page URL...

http://yamato2199.net/character_merda.html

i was laughing when i saw it. Of course i went with the more literal Meruda and later Melda. Being portuguese that was particularly amusing. XDDD When i first saw it i was like "No! That can't... Nooooo!" XDDD

Just for clarification, "Merda" is not scat in portuguese, it's actually Sh*t. So, yeah, unfortunate doesn't begin to describe it.

Just for clarification, "Merda" is not scat in portuguese, it's actually Sh*t. So, yeah, unfortunate doesn't begin to describe it.

I know, I'm Brazilian, but I just wanted to use a more polite word (animal excrement instead of human). I, too, almost spit out my drink laughing when I first read that name... if you take the two words, as technoblue had them in his post, even if in two languages, together, they pretty much mean that her name would be something like $*!t for Brains.

Don't the Japanese run the words they intend to use for character naming through a translation program, even an online one, before they go with them? :rolleyes:

Not finding the relevence of any of this, as I'm sure many words in portuguese sound like odd words in other languages as well.

:D

Here's a couple words that illustrate that point:

Faca = knife

Foca = seal

In English, they both sound a bit like the "F" word when spoken.

But it works the other way around too:

Payday literally sounds like peidei = I farted. :lol:

picked this up at my local kinokuniya

MED-BOOK-000638.jpg

quite handy if one doesn't regularly buy Dengeki Hobby magazine. this book collects yamato 2199 articles from various issues, and presumably some new content, though i suspect not much.

the main draw of course are the 5 dioramas: Cosmo Falcon launch bay, Gamilas asteroid base, Gamilas carrier at hangar loading Meranka(s), Meranka strafing civilians, Gamilas tanks scouting a forest. they are simply inspiring, if not downright jaw dropping.

picked this up at my local kinokuniya

MED-BOOK-000638.jpg

quite handy if one doesn't regularly buy Dengeki Hobby magazine. this book collects yamato 2199 articles from various issues, and presumably some new content, though i suspect not much.

the main draw of course are the 5 dioramas: Cosmo Falcon launch bay, Gamilas asteroid base, Gamilas carrier at hangar loading Meranka(s), Meranka strafing civilians, Gamilas tanks scouting a forest. they are simply inspiring, if not downright jaw dropping.

Guess the main draw would be the 11 blueprint collection that comes with the book. Can you list which ships are in those blueprints? :)

- yamato (naturally)

- muramase and yukikaze in one page

- cosmo zero

- cosmo falcon

- gaiderol

- destoria

- kelkapia

- polmeria

they're just orthographic views though, no interior or zoom detail. for that you need the earth book.

btw, yamamoto just arrived, and she's lovely :wub:

She is, isn't she? Got mine in the post too and for some reason didn't have to pay custom charges this time which made it twice as sweet.

I'm thinking of getting a Yuki now for balance sake.