Yamato Non Paint 1/60 VF-1 (2011)

bowman

No, just some add-on parts---side covers, seats for battroid mode, cargo pod.

Those are also 1A and 1J heads in the unpainted white. That would be great to see. Even moreso, would be to see unpainted, or unassembled 1D, VT-1, or something like that... and in grey, not white.

Those are also 1A and 1J heads in the unpainted white. That would be great to see. Even moreso, would be to see unpainted, or unassembled 1D, VT-1, or something like that... and in grey, not white.

Add a little bit of paint here and there and some decals, and you'd have an easy real world Grey colored VF-1. ;)

-Kyp

Although I heard the kit is a pain in the you know what to fully assemble. Still, I think I'd enjoy the challenge!

I did it, with little to no prior modeling experience.

I mean, it doesn't look great, but it stays together and transforms.

Edited by jwasko

In grey please!

I mean no insult, I'm only asking.

Is gray better than white plastic?

Does it have to do with yellowing (oxidation)? Or is it just easier to paint from a modeling perspective? Or, is it just a matter of looks?

Just curious. New at the modeling thing. Well, not new. I use to model a lot when I was a kid. But that was a long, long time ago.

And, there's always a lot to learn about these things regardless.

Thanks in advance for the insight!

Edited by ae_productions

Does it have to do with yellowing (oxidation)? Or is it just easier to paint from a modeling perspective? Or, is it just a matter of looks?

Just curious. New at the modeling thing. Well, not new. I use to model a lot when I was a kid. But that was a long, long time ago.

No, it's just for painting. There's a scheme I'd like to try but it requires the base valkyrie to be grey. So many parts run or slide up against each other on these things that painting everything and being able to transform it without damaging the paint job is pretty much impossible.

It just has to do with not wanting to paint it, and the grey is more of a real world color. Just a better color to start with.

I haven't bought the DYRL valks except for the Roy custom but if they came out with blank gray 1/60 v.2 I would get those to customize instead. I mean I already have the stock toy DYRL schemes in 1/48. I'd like to change it up.

Thanks for the heads up.

I've seen DYRL a dozen times. I honestly never knew the Valks were grey! My wife says I'm colorblind. Guess this confirms it. :)

It does make sense now that I think about it. The BanDai 2002 ReIssue Chunkey's were all grey (except the DYRL 1A and Super 1S). And my DYRL Yamatos are an off white.

Regardless, good information to know.

These would be great to customize. I missed out on the no color 1S. The eBay rates are so absurd it's turned me away from the v2 1:60's. For now. I hope Yamato reissues them next year for Macross' 30th Anniversary.

And I will be picking these up. Don't want to miss out a second time!

You are not alone buddy! WTF? DYRL valks were grey!?!?

I see the DYRL? valks off white. If they're grey they must be a very light shade of grey (don't quote me 'cause I'm colorblind :lol:)

I guess we all want these kits to be of a real world low viz grey ;)

I consider "off-white" to mean a warm-hued color, with beige/yellow undertones---the DYRL valks are not that. But regardless, the color of plastic Yamato uses for their DYRL releases has usually been called "very light grey" by MW's forum members to distinguish it from the true white used on their TV releases.

I consider "off-white" to mean a warm-hued color, with beige/yellow undertones---the DYRL valks are not that. But regardless, the color of plastic Yamato uses for their DYRL releases has usually been called "very light grey" by MW's forum members to distinguish it from the true white used on their TV releases.

Since I got both...

The 1/60 v2 DYRL-valks Skull team are "off-white"/"dirty-white". Not grey nor light-grey nor very light-grey.

The TV-valks are "bone-white"/"clean-white". I like to call 'em smudge-magnet, actually.

What you call "very light grey" (say white with a "drop" of black in it) is also "off white".

I'd never define Yamato’s DYRL line as “grey” for this leads to this kind of misunderstanding. If you are not describing the exact composition of the colour, just “off white” is much more adequate. That’s only the opinion of a graphic designer anyway ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, for those who are confused by the color betwen the dyrl and tv white here is a picture of my unassembled kit next to a dyrl 1S notice that both are white and the dyrl is not grey I would consider the VF-x as grey. I think the right name for the dyrl color is off-white. this vf-1S is the same color of the ones in the pictures posted by bowman.

post-12890-0-75927200-1314298100_thumb.jpg

Hi, yes I agree with Exo is better to have a grey color for painting than bright white or off-white for real world schemes. thats why I have decided not to paint my unassembled kit. here is another pic I took that can show better that bright white next to tthe off-white color.

Thanks for the comparisons.

I just started collecting the 1/60's a few months back, and only have 2. Both are the 1D, so there's no way to really color compare them. (One is Blue, the other is tan-ish).

Your color photos helped a lot. Thanks for taking the time to share.

These unpainted kits are pretty exciting. It's perfect to customize.

bet the VF-1J will be sold out the fastest and the VF-1S will have a lot of stocks left over.

man, i wish i had even just a smidge of painting talent. :(

if they were able to mould the optional parts in grey, why not the whole valk...

wasn't there a non-painted built one sold a year ago?

The one Trex set they didn't remake for this is the pod that Millia rode in when she got delivered to the Macross. I know it makes sense that it comes with a Qrau instead but what are the odds of a special release of that? It should have came with one of these sets. And maybe a new unreleased one for the third. like the Hikaru holding the zentradi gun when they were captured.

aip0zy4cprbfubcaosegjq.jpg

buw6pwlnrda8nskuezhw2g.jpg

t6hzecoqsyrpcwh09ygq.jpg

1/60完全変形VF-1S / VF-1J / VF-1A 無塗装キット(オプションパーツ付き)

2011年10月 出荷予定

予価  6,825 円(税込)(本体価格:6,500 円)

◆「VF-1無塗装キット」がボーナスパーツ付きで再登場!

完成品トイを逆にキット化し、ユーザー自身の手でブラッシュアップして楽しんで頂くやまとの「無塗装キット」シリーズ。その第一弾「VF-1S」のバリエーションとして「VF-1A」がボーナスパーツ付属で商品化。

完成品と同内容の未組立て本体パーツに加え、新規に金型を追加してバトロイド形態時のディテール補完パーツと、バトロイド時の乗降を再現したシートパーツをセット。

水転写デカールもリニューアルして、作る楽しみをさらに存分に味わえる内容となっています。

◆キットの楽しさ

「自分で塗装をしたい」というユーザーの声に応える形で実現した「無塗装キット版」は一般のプラスチックモデルとは材質や組立て手順に多少の違いはありますが、完成品としての設計に由来するゲートの少なさと、ネジ止め中心で接着剤をほとんど必要としない手軽さも併せ持っています。

◆ボーナスパーツ

ユーザーからの要望の多かったバトロイド時のディテール補完パーツは、「首後ろ」と「脇の下」を追加。脇の下パーツは「1/60完全変形VF-1対応アーマーパーツ」に付属のものとは異なる噴射口を開いたディテールを再現した新規金型パーツです。さらに首後ろの補完パーツにはシートがせり出したタイプも付属。頭部の変形ギミックを応用することでバトロイド時の乗降シーンを再現可能です。

◆デカール

TV版に準拠した各種マーキングと塗り分けに合わせて水転写デカールもリニューアルして付属。

■原型協力:もと吉(T-REX)

■材質:ABS、POM、亜鉛合金、 他

■商品サイズ:全長約25cm(ファイター状態完成時)

■パッケージ形態:かぶせ箱

■パッケ-受遺サイズ:H280mm×W325mm×D105mm

■付属品:取扱説明書、組立説明書、水転写デカール

Use Translate. :D