Yamato 1/60 VF-19S/F/P - All Variants

charger69

Well I just ordered a fire valk and sound booster. I never thought I would get one but after the last tme I watched 7 it has grown on me.

I was contemplating on one too, due to the HLJ sale, but came to the conclusion I still dislike the red colour and the clown-like face to spend the money. LOL funny enough, I have all the YF/VF 19 variants to date, except this. Just need this to complete the collection, but can't seem to bring myself to do it.

Edited by Phalanix

I was contemplating on one too, due to the HLJ sale, but came to the conclusion I still dislike the red colour and the clown-like face to spend the money. LOL funny enough, I have all the YF/VF 19 variants to date, except this. Just need this to complete the collection, but can't seem to bring myself to do it.

I'm right there with you. It's just..., too red!

So I just got my 2nd 19F and while transforming the shoulders from the legs the whole shoulder cover popped off, not a big deal I just supered glued it back on but has anyone else had this problem?

yeah I had that problem with the fire Valkyrie. It's made like the flaps on the1/48 VF-1, they pop off when you touch them wotng,but they pop back in. I try to avoid touching them during transformations.

yeah I had that problem with the fire Valkyrie. It's made like the flaps on the1/48 VF-1, they pop off when you touch them wotng,but they pop back in. I try to avoid touching them during transformations.

I think he meant the entire shoulder pauldron.

IMG_4225.jpg

That also happened to me when I was transforming. I actually broke it but I managed to clip it back in with the broken part. And now it wouldn't come off even if I try to pull it out. It's like it glued itself back in magically.

Argh! Goddamnit so much Yamato sucks. Was transforming my YF-19 back into jet mode, and the arm breaks off at the shoulder. I wasn't even applying a lot of force or anything. I think it is all the twisting that is required of the arm to put it back into the right spot that did it. For all the complaints, the Bandai's feel much more stable. This type of stuff makes me want to sale off my whole Yamato collection.

Even before this, since the legs aren't attached, they fell off all the time (but at least they were designed to), then in robot mode, his arms wouldn't even stay up. What a piece of crap. Such a waste of money.

I can just see getting the VF-4, opening it, looking at it too hard, and an arm or a leg falling off. Gotta think if I want to save myself the pain of spending half a grand and watching it dissolve in my hands at the first touch. I've used tissues that are stronger than Yamato engineering.

Are you talking about the old Macross Plus YF-19 or one of the newer VF-19 releases? If it's the older YF-19 toy there was a whole thread dedicated to limbs suddenly falling off on those toys. If it's on the newer releases then we may need to dust off our panic buttons.

Are you talking about the old Macross Plus YF-19 or one of the newer VF-19 releases? If it's the older YF-19 toy there was a whole thread dedicated to limbs suddenly falling off on those toys. If it's on the newer releases then we may need to dust off our panic buttons.

He did say YF-19.

I took the advantage of the latest HLJ sale and got my VF-19S. After comparing both 19S and my YF-19, I'm convinced that Yamato should go for YF-19 version 2 run. May be called it VF-19A instead and make the scheme below, I'm sure there'll be lots of interest.

post-731-0-09315000-1349062029_thumb.jpg

He did say it in the thread for the VF-19.

Yeah, I know, people do that sometimes.

I took the advantage of the latest HLJ sale and got my VF-19S. After comparing both 19S and my YF-19, I'm convinced that Yamato should go for YF-19 version 2 run. Maybe called it VF-19A instead and make the scheme below, I'm sure there'll be lots of interest.

I'm waiting for it.

Sorry for posting in the wrong thread - it is easy to get confused between the minor revision numbers on all these toys (YF vs VF, etc - I didn't even realize there was a VF - they look very similiar to me).

Yeah - it is the older YF-19 version. So the VF-19 is solid then?

There have been no widepsread cases of breakage on the 19 that I'm aware of. The first release people didn't realize the upper thigh only clicked three times instead of four and people were forcing it (which is not the toys fault) and breaking it. Otherwise, except for the few of us Gerwalk fans who HATE the ankles inability to angle back as far as we like, my 19S has survived almost a year without any issues and my 19F seems just as solid. I tend to be Mr. Gentle though. Some of the transformation videos I see people make around here make me wince to watch. I also tend to think males don't realize that even when they think they're being gentle they're still being too rough.

The problem I have with a lot of these transforming toys is some parts you need to be very gentle with, but other parts you must force or apply a fair amount of pressure to, or it won't move/go into place.

I was transforming my VF-17 yesterday as well, back into fighter mode, and I was trying to lock the chest plate back in flush with the nose cone. After looking and moving parts around, I consulted the manual, and it didn't seem like there was anything to do other than push it in. :S I did it, but it scared the crap out of me. Luckily everything seems to be in place.

It's also bad that Transformers tend to be really sturdy. I've only had one transformer in recent memory that broke unexpectedly. Anything else that broke was from childhood after lots and lots of play. So going from those to these "art pieces" is sort of a mental switch.

Looks so nice... too many VFs...

TOY-RBT-2576_10.jpg

Now I'm not one to image quotes - it drives me nuts... BUT, GODDAMN - that there is a sexy bird.

ncpda.gif

I love it, never had a lot of love for M7 Valks, but here I am - with a VF-19F, VF-17S, VF-22S and VF-11C - among my faves.

Begging for a custom paint app...

I thought I was going to primarily leave this thing in Fighter because I like how the older model 19's look with the longer wings look but Battroid is looking damn good right now. Looking at those two Gerwalk photos it appears the Ankles are back a lot farther then is possible (without ruining them) on the 19S (possibly the F too?)

Edited by Mommar