This week, Subaru unveiled its Cross Sport concept. It's essentially a BRZ reshaped into a Shooting Brake, a design popularized by Aston Martin in the 1960s and currently used by the ghastly Ferrari FF. The ground clearance has been raised to accommodate larger tires for rough terrain, even though the car is still RWD. And unlike the regular BRZ, this concept has rear seats that actually fit people.

For now, it's just a concept. Only time will tell if this actually makes the production line.

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

The Subaru Cross Sport Design Is the BRZ Shooting Brake of Our Dreams

This week, Subaru unveiled its Cross Sport concept. It's essentially a BRZ reshaped into a Shooting Brake, a design popularized by Aston Martin in the 1960s and currently used by the ghastly Ferrari FF. The ground clearance has been raised to accommodate larger tires for rough terrain, even though the car is still RWD. And unlike the regular BRZ, this concept has rear seats that actually fit people.

For now, it's just a concept. Only time will tell if this actually makes the production line.

The Subaru Cross Sport Design Is the BRZ Shooting Brake of Our Dreams

A 2-door CUV with even less utility and less off-road capability than the average CUV, and without Subaru's signature symmetrical AWD system....

Sounds like a bad idea IMHO.

Mercedes-Benz revealed their AMG Vision GT to promote the upcoming Gran Turismo 6 and to celebrate the 15th anniversary of the game franchise. Under the hood is a twin-turbo V8 that generates 585 bhp and 590 lb-ft torque. Its combination of aluminum and carbon fiber materials results in a curb weight of 3,053 lbs.

2013-Mercedes-Benz-AMG-Vision-Gran-Turis

2013 Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo

Pretty sweet, that AMG. Backlight? Fuhgedabadit!

"What's-a behind me is not important." --Franco, The Gumball Rally

ed: hehe--there's no hiding the male-oriented sensibilities this sort of car appeals to, from the top-view... <_<

Edited by reddsun1

I must be the only person who thinks the FRS looks like a fugly hotwheels racer car.

Everytime I see it I call it the Flamboyant Retarded Subaru. Not to mention the sad face it's slower

Then most sedans from the previous decade, and most owners seem to be 40 year olds driving like a teenager.

I feel the same as the BRZ, it's just too damn busy.

It's like someone made a bet that they couldn't incorporate every

External gimmick in the last 5 years on one car.

I must be the only person who thinks the FRS looks like a fugly hotwheels racer car.

Everytime I see it I call it the Flamboyant Retarded Subaru. Not to mention the sad face it's slower

Then most sedans from the previous decade, and most owners seem to be 40 year olds driving like a teenager.

I feel the same as the BRZ, it's just too damn busy.

It's like someone made a bet that they couldn't incorporate every

External gimmick in the last 5 years on one car.

Was that kind of random venting? I think you need pics:

Subaru_BRZ_07.jpgSubaru-BRZ-gallery-58.jpgscion-fr-s-subaru-brz-same-but-different

I see them everyday of the week.

I just don't get it I guess, just because it's the only half assed compact with RWD?

You could always buy a Miata and show those FR-S' and BR-Z's what for. I like the car for what it is, a slightly cheap fun little compact.

I don't know how anyone could call the BRZ/FRS as flamboyant or busy. If anything, I might say they're rather plain and bland or even boring. I personally like the styling though. I'd love to own one as a second car.

To my knowledge, there aren't many choices these days if you want a brand new RWD sports car for around US$25K. The Genesis coupe, the Miata, or the BRZ/FRS twins. That's about it I think.

It's just not my thing, bring over the 86 concept version and call me more interested.

It's just a RWD TC for the most part. Uninspiring, and as soulless as US Toyota's made since 94'.

Then mention the fact the dealers pushed this model as a "limited" version and wanted down payments

Along with over-pricing.

I had a NB Miata at one point, I liked it, but it's too impractical, the NC was just a heavier more luxury burdened

Version that defeated the point of the roadster in the first place. I love Mazda, but even they seem to be getting into

The huge mouth, slantyheadlight look, which looks too much like the body kitted Honda boom of the mid 00's.

Maybe I have to skip this decade.

Paul Walker died in a car crash yesterday. I liked that guy.

Loved the series from the first one. Each new movie felt like 'oh they just managed to squeeze this past the studio management', and I felt lucky for it. Paul's best performance in them was probably in 'Fast Five', which for me is my favourite movie in the series. The ex-cop, on the run and out of his depth, broody with conflicted feelings about his impending fatherhood brought a bit of grounding to his character.

I was looking forward to Lucas Black's character making a return in this one, I hope they find a way to continue the series.

Vale, Paul Walker.

Edited by PetarB