In light of Paul Walker's death, Fast & Furious 7 has been placed on production limbo, as director James Wan and the production team are weighing in their options. They can do some rewrites to go around Walker's final footage. Another option is to start over - redoing the entire film without Walker. Regardless of the decision made by Universal, F&F7 will miss its July 11, 2014 target release date.

Fast & Furious 7 Producers Considering Scrapping Production, Starting Over

I suppose it begs the question--or perhaps it should--as to whether manufacturers of super and hyper cars should be held to a higher standard of sorts, when it comes to safety? Why don't cars making that much power have an integral safety cage of some kind? Shouldn't any car capable of reaching speeds over 175 mph with relative ease have one? Speaking to our collective human increase in knowledge about crash and fire safety when it comes to high performance & racing cars over the past 40+ years: we just know too da*n much fort this sort of thing to still be happening.

Then again, maybe not. From James Dean, to Paul Walker, what have we learned? How to make the cars go much, much faster, to be sure. But not a godda*ned-thing else, apparently.

ed: would a safety cage have saved Walker and his friend? Perhaps not. Given the intensity of the fire, the car was likely fully laden with fuel, and it was apparently a relatively short trip, to a charity event(?) We know in a high performance car: a full tank & cold tires are two key ingredients in a recipe for potential disaster...

Edited by reddsun1

It's just not my thing, bring over the 86 concept version and call me more interested.

It's just a RWD TC for the most part. Uninspiring, and as soulless as US Toyota's made since 94'.

Then mention the fact the dealers pushed this model as a "limited" version and wanted down payments

Along with over-pricing.

I had a NB Miata at one point, I liked it, but it's too impractical, the NC was just a heavier more luxury burdened

Version that defeated the point of the roadster in the first place. I love Mazda, but even they seem to be getting into

The huge mouth, slantyheadlight look, which looks too much like the body kitted Honda boom of the mid 00's.

Maybe I have to skip this decade.

The BRZ/FRS/GT86 started in life as a Subaru Impreza platform[wrx-sti]. This is essentially a rally chasis shortened to become what it is today. Plus its Boxer engine is as low to the ground as possible. I am sure you know what that means. I don't know how you came up with RWD TC, but hey...

Here is a top gear video, I am sure Clarkson has a bit more patience when explaining these things. Please enjoy...

http://vimeo.com/59415579

Informed bashing is a bit better, no?

Edited by vlenhoff

I don't want to sound sarcastic, but isn't impending death the whole point of fast driving?

No. No F1 driver expects to die. Yes risk is higher compared to playing competitive foozball, but still, no deaths should be tolerated. Ayrton Senna is the last guy that died in F1 and that was 10 years ago.

I have seen some horrible accidents in person that makes me think twice about going fast on public roads, no matter how straight or harmless it might seem.

After seeing an Isuzu Rodeo flipped in front of me at high speeds after passing my car, it changed my view on speeding needlessly. It happed on I-15 freeway outside of Las Vegas. The driver in the Rodeo passed me probably at 90mph on the left but over corrected and sank the front tires into the dirt resulting in spectacular summersaults before enveloping in a cloud of dust. Other cars stopped and one guy pulled the driver out of the crushed Isuzu fearing it was going to burst into flames with fuel everywhere. When I saw the driver's face (a female), or what's left of it, I almost threw up. My friends in my car would not even walk close to the scene. There wasn't much anyone else could do at that point. That was an image you just can't forget. Ever.

So be safe everyone.

I can remotely see the "accord" reference, but very briefly (with that said, the accord coupe is not an entirely bad looking thing... but fwd is not something I want). I need to see this new Stang in person. Overall it looks balanced to me, and it does have a multi link rear suspension for a change . I hear this Mustang was meant to be slightly smaller as well.

If I was looking for a car, I would definitely test drive one of these when it is released. But I'm not...

The interior looks like a step forward, no?

Edited by vlenhoff

I HATE the spoiler. Either have a fast back, or not, that stupid razor thin thing is just aftermarket-junk looking...

This is what a proper fastback car looks like.

http://www.zercustoms.com/news/images/Lotus/th1/Lotus-Exige-S-Roadster-3.jpg

They need to go all the way, or just a flat back like every boring sedan, this half-way crap looks terrible.

Well, it looks like Fast & Furious 7 is shelved until further notice.

Fast & Furious 7 Halts Production Following the Death of Paul Walker

“Right now, all of us at Universal are dedicated to providing support to Paul’s immediate family and our extended ‘Fast & Furious’ family of cast, crew and filmmakers. At this time we feel it is our responsibility to shut down production on ‘Fast & Furious 7′ for a period of time so we can assess all options available to move forward with the franchise.

“We are committed to keeping ‘Fast & Furious’ fans informed, and we will provide further information to them when we have it. Until then, we know they join us in mourning the passing of our dear friend Paul Walker.”

I must be the only person who thinks the FRS looks like a fugly hotwheels racer car.

Everytime I see it I call it the Flamboyant Retarded Subaru. Not to mention the sad face it's slower

Then most sedans from the previous decade, and most owners seem to be 40 year olds driving like a teenager.

I feel the same as the BRZ, it's just too damn busy.

It's like someone made a bet that they couldn't incorporate every

External gimmick in the last 5 years on one car.

I thought the whole copy car thing stopped after the whole American / Japanese, Eagle/Plymouth/Dodge / Mitsubishi stuff. It's not even really design. More product management. I don't understand why Toyota doesn't have a new Supra or 2000GT coming out.

I have seen some horrible accidents in person that makes me think twice about going fast on public roads, no matter how straight or harmless it might seem.

I've seen many and somehow escaped one myself. After that I only speed on track and at times long distances between cities / towns when the roads basically have only a few cars on them.

Well, it's been unveiled. Thanks for ruining an icon again, Ford.

2015 Ford Mustang

It's definitely not a beautiful car like so many others that are coming out. A bit too much copy design going on. And the interior as expected is nothing great. But I recently saw the new Corvette. I thought in pictures it was too exotic looking. I saw a white one and at first thought it was an old model. Then I realized it's the new one. Maybe because it was white I didn't see a lot of those more showy details. But it looks better in real life than in pictures. Perhaps the same is true of this new Mustang? But all the true sportscar makers have cars that look good in pictures and even better in real life. So that says something about the Mustang's design.

Thanks for the pics and VIDS A7.

Its going to take me some time to get used to the new mustang. I'd like to get a new pony, but may have to settle for the 2014 since I'm not in love with this model. The front grille is what ruins the car, and I hate that it looks like a super up fusion. Some cars shouldn't resemble manufactures other offerings. It no longer looks unique in fords lineup.

Here's one of the automotive channels I'm following: Mighty Car Mods. It's an Australian show that gives a humorous look at fixing and modifying cars.

This week, Marty and Moog get their new rides. Following the ceremonial departure of his Daihatsu "Blue Turd", Marty goes back to his Subaru roots and gets a sleeper Liberty (Legacy) wagon with an STi engine. Meanwhile, Moog, who is normally a Nissan guy, gets a near-mint Honda S2000.

The new Mustang is growing on me. While it looks kinda plane now, give it a year or two to see what kind of performance options are offered and what the body kits (stock and aftermarket) will shape up to be. I dig the engine options. A 300+ HP 4cyl turbo? Sweet! Speed and gas mileage, 'bout damn time. Not that it compares, but the CX-7 that I used to own had a turbo 4, and it kicked ass in that heavy ass thing, and was still managing about 30mpg. I miss that car.

Anywho, I'm giving the Mustang a couple years before I'm truly impressed.

As of now, no decision has been made on continuing production on Fast & Furious 7, but there's a rumor out that Paul Walker's younger brother Cody will step in to film the final scenes. The former stuntman could just be a stand-in for most of the action scenes, with his face CG'd for close-up shots.

Fast & Furious 7 Rumor: Paul Walker's Brother Cody to Step In and Film Final Scenes

So Paul Walker's younger brother, who looks sorta like him, is going to join the F&F crew to continue the series.

Am I the only one who is feeling a Gundam 00's Lyle Dylandy (a.k.a Lockon #2) vibe here?

post-7534-0-13768900-1387099969_thumb.jpg

So Paul Walker's younger brother, who looks sorta like him, is going to join the F&F crew to continue the series.

Am I the only one who is feeling a Gundam 00's Lyle Dylandy (a.k.a Lockon #2) vibe here?

The way I see it, the deal with Cody Walker will only be a one-off deal, where the Brian O'Conner character will retire at the end of F&F7. Consequently, this will also mean that Mia Toretto (Jordana Brewster) will take a final bow as well, as both Brian and Mia have a family to raise. F&F8 and beyond will just focus on Dominic Toretto and his team.