I've heard before that about 450 - 500HP is really about all that is practically usable in a unibody car. More than that, and you should be looking at substantial strengthening & bracing of the chassis to cope, lest torsional forces begin to cause problems.

I like the stance, the front facsia treatment, and rear spoiler. Subtle, yet aggressive. Can lose the rocker panel decals, though. Something that won't age well, stylistically. Plus, the Cobra badges and even the Shelby logo on the intercooler are more than enough in the way of *Achtung* badgery.

Just unveiled at the Frankfurt Motor Show is the Audi Sport quattro Concept, an homage to the original Audi Quattro that dominated the World Rally Championship during the first half of the 1980s. This concept is powered by a 4 liter twin turbo hybrid V8 that generates 700 bhp and 590 lb-ft torque. Acceleration from 0-100 kph (0-62 mph) is 3.7 seconds. Will Audi produce it? Let's hope so.

2013-Audi-Sport-quattro-concept-Frankfur

2013-Audi-Sport-quattro-concept-Studio-3

2013-Audi-Sport-quattro-concept-Studio-4

2013-Audi-Sport-quattro-concept-Interior

2013 Audi Sport quattro Concept

No speed driving here, but I want to thank you guys for inspiring me to finally get new wheels and tires after 19 years of running around with those ghastly 15" wheels and 60 series bubble tires.

Yesterday:

dcsig3.jpg[

Today:

IMG_1588_zps7d23263a.jpg

IMG_1586_zps45d5c48c.jpg

IMG_1602_zpsac6d8f98.jpg

New wheels are nice, but I also like the look of the old ones :)

New wheels are nice, but I also like the look of the old ones :)

Honestly, if I could have found 17 or 18 inch versions of those wheels I probably would've gone with those. Alas, I went the American Racing/Torq-thrust route like every muscle car owner does.

Whoa myk it looks like a new car. Looks great. :ohmy:

Thanks, I appreciate it. I fell in love with the car again after I finished mounting those things.

I dunno, tires look a little to low-profile for the stance your suspension gives the car. It's all a matter of taste, but to me something seems a bit "off" with the new set up.

Nice wheels though.

I'm glad I didn't go with the 40 series rubber, then! I went with 245/45-18 and believe it or not, the new wheels/tires are the same dimensions as the old wheels/tires, the only difference being the rim diameter and the tire aspect ratio.

I'm gonna agree with Phyrox---while the new wheels are nice, the tires are too low-profile-looking. (while I do of course love the mag-wheel look, the fact that you've got an ORANGE Charger means I probably would have kept the original wheels---while not quite the General Lee's, they are broadly similar) (I would have changed the tires before the wheels---get some redlines on there!)

Here are some new pics of what may be the best Alfa Romeo in decades.

2014-Alfa-Romeo-4C-Road-6-2560x1600.jpg

2014 Alfa Romeo 4C

Beautiful face and behind, but what is going on in the side view? It looks like the front end is far too short, and someone should tidy up the area behind the door and above the rear wheels.

I'm gonna agree with Phyrox---while the new wheels are nice, the tires are too low-profile-looking. (while I do of course love the mag-wheel look, the fact that you've got an ORANGE Charger means I probably would have kept the original wheels---while not quite the General Lee's, they are broadly similar) (I would have changed the tires before the wheels---get some redlines on there!)

I'm trying to do this with the car: http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/1203phr_1968_dodge_charger/

Now, I'll never go racing, and my car will never be brought up to the level of that car, but I'm going to follow it as best as I can; 18" wheels and lower profile tires will help me modernize the handling and the looks of the car. I may never be able to pass an S2K on the road course, but at least I'll look good following it, lol...

Rush_zpsc31797cc.jpg

Rush

Imagine Entertainment/Working Title/Relativity Media/Revolution Films/Cross Creek Pictures/Exclusive Media/Universal Pictures, 2013

Directed by Ron Howard (Richie Cunningham in Happy Days)

Written by Peter Morgan (Frost/Nixon, Skyfall)

Based on a true story

Running Time: 122 minutes

Rated R for graphic violence, nudity, sexual situations, drug use and profanity.

Cast

Chris Hemsworth (Thor, George Kirk in Star Trek) as James Hunt (1947-1993)

Daniel Brühl (Zoller in Inglourious Basterds, Daniel Domscheit-Berg in The Fifth Estate) as Niki Lauda

Olivia Wilde (Quorra in Tron: Legacy, Baroness in The Ballad of G.I. Joe) as Suzy Miller

Alexandra Maria Lara (Traudl Junge in Downfall) as Marlene Knaus

David Calder (Sir Robert King in The World Is Not Enough) as Louis Stanley

Pierfrancesco Favino (Inspector Olivetti in Angels & Demons, WHO Researcher in World War Z) as Clay Regazzoni (1939-2006)

Natalie Dormer (Margaery Tyrell in Game of Thrones, Pvt. Lorraine in Captain America: The First Avenger) as Gemma

Christian McKay (Me and Orson Welles) as Alexander Hesketh

Alistaire Petrie as Stirling Moss

Julian Rhind-Tutt (Mac in Green Wing) as Bubbles Horsley

Colin Stinton (Neal Daniels in The Bourne Ultimatum) as Teddy Mayer (1935-2009)

Jamie de Courcey as Harvey Postlethwaite (1944-1999)

Augusto Dallara as Enzo Ferrari (1898-1988)

Ilario Calvo as Luca Cordero di Montezemolo

"The closer you are to death, the more alive you feel. It's a wonderful way to live. It's the only way to drive."

Synopsis

James Hunt and Niki Lauda are two completely different race car drivers who left their affluent family backgrounds to pursue the sport they live for. From 1970 to 1976, their rivalry brought the best out of themselves and the sport of auto racing until the ill-fated German Grand Prix, where Lauda is severely burned in a fiery crash. Despite his injuries, he is still determined to keep his points lead away from Hunt by the end of the season.

Hunt: "I feel responsible for what happened."

Lauda: "Trust me: Watching you win those races, while I was fighting for my life, you were equally responsible for getting me back in the car."

Lowdown

There was once a time in Formula One racing where men were men, women were women, and the cars were the bond between man and machine and not watered-down gizmos like we see in today's tracks. It was the 1970s, an era where F1 had its biggest share of sex, drugs, and rock and roll. Within this sport was a rivalry like no other. In one corner was James Hunt, a blond Briton known for his flamboyance behind the wheel. On the other corner was Niki Lauda, an Austrian mechanical genius who dominated the circuits with surgical precision. Together, they duked it out race after race during the 1976 Formula One Season. But tragedy struck when Lauda suffered third-degree burns to his head and toxic shock in his lungs in a horrific crash at the Nürburgring. For over a month, he fought for his life while watching Hunt inch his way closer to the championship. Following Lauda's triumphant return at the Italian Grand Prix, the rivalry came to a decisive end at the Japanese Grand Prix in late-October.

This story is meticulously retold on the big screen by Ron Howard, and as the title implies, it is one hell of an adrenaline rush. The scenery and cars have been faithfully recreated, from Hunt's unsponsored Hesketh 308 and Lauda's Ferrari 312T to the infamous six-wheeled Tyrrell P34. The cinematography by Anthony Dod Mantle (28 Days Later, Dredd) brings out the white-knuckled thrills at any angle, leaving viewers gripping their seats at each turn. Complementing the action is the thundering sound of the F1 engines mixed with an orchestral score by Hans Zimmer (The Dark Knight Trilogy, Days of Thunder), plus classic '70s rock by Thin Lizzy, Slade, and David Bowie. Too bad there's no Rush music, given its title.

But what about the rest of the film? They are nothing short of top-notch in this film, with outstanding performances by Hemsworth and Brühl. They really personify the drivers they perform right down to the T. The supporting cast isn't bad, either, despite having minimal roles. Ron Howard has completely redeemed himself after disappointing audiences and critics with Angels & Demons and The Dilemma.

To summarize, Rush is the single best auto racing motion picture ever filmed. Don't be surprised if it makes a podium finish at the Oscars.

Rating: A

To further prepare yourself for this film, check out this documentary.

Links

Official Rush Homepage

References

The Internet Movie Database

Edited by areaseven

I'm trying to do this with the car: http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/1203phr_1968_dodge_charger/

Now, I'll never go racing, and my car will never be brought up to the level of that car, but I'm going to follow it as best as I can; 18" wheels and lower profile tires will help me modernize the handling and the looks of the car. I may never be able to pass an S2K on the road course, but at least I'll look good following it, lol...

Lowering the suspension an inch or so would help a good deal. See how that '68's wheels really fill the wells, that's a critical part of the modern street look. Good luck in all car endeavors, whatever you do.

It looks good with either set. Although the originals do seem to fill out the wheelwells a bit better. It looks like those rear wells could accomodate wheels with another 1" of negative offset--or even better, another 1" wider, giving the outer lips a deeper, more pronounced stance (much like the linked ex). Either way, looks good.

Thanks ron5864, it's a 3.0L Diesel S. I think Jaguar doesn't sell Diesels for the US market.

No diesel motors offered by Jag in the US market. <_< It looks like all the engines in the US Jaguar lineup are supercharged petrol engines. There should be more diesels available in the US for passenger vehicles, but those engines are limited to trucks and transporter vans.

No diesel motors offered by Jag in the US market. <_< It looks like all the engines in the US Jaguar lineup are supercharged petrol engines. There should be more diesels available in the US for passenger vehicles, but those engines are limited to trucks and transporter vans.

Off topic but I really need to watch Nadesico again, I haven't seen it in ages.

So let me get this straight: they want to distinguish this tuner Mustang, set it apart from others and justify its hefty pricetag (which is a crock of sh*t in and of itself), and how do they go about it? By putting what looks like--at least at first glance--a Camaro-looking front fascia (or maybe a little Dodge), and Challenger-esque tail lights on it? Bitch, please!

They need to take that "B" off the rear badge--it'll sum this car up perfectly...

*best Ozzy Osbourne voice* 'ew the fu*k is Equus?

So let me get this straight: they want to distinguish this tuner Mustang, set it apart from others and justify its hefty pricetag (which is a crock of sh*t in and of itself), and how do they go about it? By putting what looks like--at least at first glance--a Camaro-looking front fascia (or maybe a little Dodge), and Challenger-esque tail lights on it? Bitch, please!

They need to take that "B" off the rear badge--it'll sum this car up perfectly...

*best Ozzy Osbourne voice* 'ew the fu*k is Equus?

It looks more like a strange cross between a '67 Barracuda and a '73 Challenger to me.