The point of the Ferarri vs the Supra in the fast and furious film was, if you spend 300k on a car it does not automatically make it great. Spending around 100k on a Japanese nugget can get you the same or better performance.

The Ferrari was around $125,000 back then. The Spider a bit more. And the Spider had more weight too because of the convertable. Enough to reduce the 0-60 time by I think a second. I can't remember but I have a lot of F355 material around here somewhere. Even though a modified Supra could beat a Ferrari in 0-60 it's still not a better car. Nor does it handle or sound anywhere near as good as a Ferrari.

Gotta agree with that one. I know this isn't the 5.0 GT thread, but just because a skateboard can be made to outrun a Viper doesn't make it the better vehicle. I'd take a 12, or even an older 14 second Ferrari over a "10" second Supra any time, any day, all day long...

Edited by myk

Gotta agree with that one. I know this isn't the 5.0 GT thread, but just because a skateboard can be made to outrun a Viper doesn't make it the better vehicle. I'd take a 12, or even an older 14 second Ferrari over a "10" second Supra any time, any day, all day long...

I don't know man, spark plugs and oil changes in Supra's are a hell of a lot cheaper.

I don't know man, spark plugs and oil changes in Supra's are a hell of a lot cheaper.

Very true, my old boss has several super cars including a Ferrari or two, the money he spends on servicing was more than most of us spent on buying our cars in the first place. For him though it was all about prestige, something that you'll only really get for the wider market if you spend serious coins. A plastic Jap rocket is great but doesn't usually appeal to the same market.

What ever though as this tread is heading off the mainline....

This thread has been de-railed into another time zone...LOL...but that's fine...cause I loved the modded Toyota Supra in the original FF as well! Having actually driven a Ferrari F430 I can truly say the sound is the most amazing thing you will ever hear! Other than that...no thanks. Took me 15 minutes to find the window up/down switch... :blink:

The way I looked at that silly Ferrari/Supra scene was, who would you rather be - the rich dude in the Ferrari with the hot blonde chick or Brian Earl tuna fiend and his shrimp meal hookup Dom Torretto in some riced out pastel colored car? I'd like to think the ferrari guy lost the race, gave exactly two sh*ts, then drove home and drilled his girl while Brian and Dom went to the shrimp shack high fiving each other over shrimp. It's not even academic who really won that race, hahahah

The Ferrari was around $125,000 back then. The Spider a bit more. And the Spider had more weight too because of the convertable. Enough to reduce the 0-60 time by I think a second. I can't remember but I have a lot of F355 material around here somewhere. Even though a modified Supra could beat a Ferrari in 0-60 it's still not a better car. Nor does it handle or sound anywhere near as good as a Ferrari.

When my friend sold his NSX to me and ran off to get a Ferrari 348, we had a little go at it and my NSX (his old NSX) was able to keep ahead of his new 348 on the road and track. And I was a craptacular driver at the time, so it had nothing to do with driver skill. He knew how to drive cars and drive them well, but the NSX outperformed his Ferrari....at the time.

I loved my NSX, still miss it, but that being said, I think I would have taken his 348 over my NSX in a heartbeat. In an ideal world, I would have both, one to have fun with and the other one just for the music. The 348 and 355 produced sounds that were just magic. Ferrari sort of lost it in the 360 but I think they've got the sound back with the latest models.

And that is pretty hideous:

2015-ford-mustang-renders-1-1-opt.jpg

Edited by peter

That looks incredibly tame. I was hoping for something special with the new Mustang too after seeing the Corvette.

Better than the new Corvette stingray.... and that's coming from a Corvette owner and lifelong fan...

I like the new Corvette in a way. Even though they probably tried to make it look too exotic.

Here is another rendering of the 2015 Ford Mustang from another site. Hope this is closer to the actual production GT model.

attachicon.gif2015 Mustang.jpg

This looks better. Usually the renders are off. I can't remember a render that was accurate.

When my friend sold his NSX to me and ran off to get a Ferrari 348, we had a little go at it and my NSX (his old NSX) was able to keep ahead of his new 348 on the road and track. And I was a craptacular driver at the time, so it had nothing to do with driver skill. He knew how to drive cars and drive them well, but the NSX outperformed his Ferrari....at the time.

I loved my NSX, still miss it, but that being said, I think I would have taken his 348 over my NSX in a heartbeat. In an ideal world, I would have both, one to have fun with and the other one just for the music. The 348 and 355 produced sounds that were just magic. Ferrari sort of lost it in the 360 but I think they've got the sound back with the latest models.

And that is pretty hideous:

2015-ford-mustang-renders-1-1-opt.jpg

Well the 348 was after the Mondial and that isn't the best Ferrari. But the NSX was and still is known as one of the best Japanese sportscars. It's still top three I would think. Although I never liked the exterior design of it. Perhaps Honda getting back into F1 with the engines will make them create something interesting.

Edited by JetJockey

I remember crash stories of the Ford GT too. People with a lot of money and little driving skill think they can floor a car, a computer will save them from any situation on the road, or they can remove the computer because they are that good. This one with the new Ferrari is sad but one of my favorites because I saw a gif that someone added a banana from Mario Kart.

The new Mustang is supposed to be previewed this week. But we might not see it for another month or so. I wish these select shows to certain people so they can get their reviews right would stop. Maybe someone will have some guts and leak the photos.