So I've been thinking about getting a new car at some point before the end of 2014, right now I'm leaning between a honda Civic Si and a Mazda3 s touring. basically something sporty with nice features and good MPG for $25,000 or less. Anyone have any thoughts/idea/suggestions?

The Honda Civic Si is a good choice. I almost decided on getting that but I need a hatchback, so I got a Mazdaspeed3 instead. The newer 2014 Mazda3's are a good choice as well, and their newer Skyactive engines are good on power and fuel economy.

If you want something fun to drive with good performance, go with the Civic Si. If you want something fun to drive with good fuel efficiency, go with the Mazda3. The Civic Si uses premium fuel where as the Mazda uses regular.

I've had my Mazda for 6 years and not one problem so far. Also, the insurance on my Mazda is actually lower than my 2001 Honda Civic EX.

I really despise the civic Si's and like cars. I haven't looked into them recently but I just don't see the point in getting something that gets worse gas mileage and is still slow. Id just get a regular civic or look into something like a WRX or maybe few year old stang. thats just my opinion of course.

So I've been thinking about getting a new car at some point before the end of 2014, right now I'm leaning between a honda Civic Si and a Mazda3 s touring. basically something sporty with nice features and good MPG for $25,000 or less. Anyone have any thoughts/idea/suggestions?

I've owned just about every platform of car over the last 16 years, once you go Mazda 3, hatch preferred,

It's hard to drive anything else. It's leaps and bounds better than civic, Focus and Corolla.

Not to mention the 4cyl mazda gets mistaken for a V6, it's got beef under the hood. Tight suspension and

Loads of room ( I've driven with 4 ikea Detolfs in the back!)

I'm not sure about 2014, but I'll be definitely picking up a 15' 3speed when it's released.

I didn't even consider the 3S a contender until I test drove a friends.

I will also back up what everyone has said about the Mazda 3. Below is my 2010 Mazda 3 hatch. I get 22-25 mpg depending on how spirited I drive; this in a city environment with a lot of stop and go traffic. Stock it has nice handling and good power compared to other vehicles in it's class. I have just recently put on BC coilovers and Black powder coated RX-8 wheels as you can see. I have not driven a SkyActive 3, so I cannot comment on that.

I am currently contemplating a WRX hatch or waiting for the next gen Mazdaspeed 3. The current rumor is turbo with AWD. I hope that is true, it will fill the void as the WRX hatch has been discontinued.

post-298-0-62950600-1387999289_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Smiley424

I was looking at the WRX early on but it seamed a little pricy for what you were getting. I really love the look of the 2014 mazda3 hatch. if the next speed3 isn't too much more than the 2013 model, then that will be hard to pass up.

The Lamborghini Huracán LP 610-4 is the successor to the Gallardo, with a 5.2 liter V10 that produces 610 bhp. Acceleration from 0-60 is estimated at 3.2 seconds and the top speed is projected to be 202 mph.

2014-Lamborghini-Huracan-LP-610-4-Black-

2014-Lamborghini-Huracan-LP-610-4-Interi

2014 Lamborghini Huracán LP 610-4

EDIT: Images changed because someone below is too stupid to reply properly.

Edited by areaseven

The Lamborghini Huracán LP 610-4 is the successor to the Gallardo, with a 5.2 liter V10 that produces 610 bhp. Acceleration from 0-60 is estimated at 3.2 seconds and the top speed is projected to be 202 mph.

2014-Lamborghini-Huracan-LP-610-4-Color-

2014-Lamborghini-Huracan-LP-610-4-Interi

2014 Lamborghini Huracán LP 610-4

Why does Lambo insist on using conventional doors on their baby lambo? Would it be too much to ask to have the scissor doors on it? Haha! I guess it all started with the Cala:

cala3.jpg

Why does Lambo insist on using conventional doors on their baby lambo? Would it be too much to ask to have the scissor doors on it? Haha! I guess it all started with the Cala:

The Silhouette, Jalpa, and Urraco didn't have them either.

Edited by Vifam7

I didn't know Subaru was doing away with the WRX hatch. Thats a real bummer. Was thinking about making that my next car.

Yup, the WRX is going sedan only. Subie does have a turbo wagon coming called the Levorg, it's more wagony than the outgoing WRX Hatch, but the specs look pretty good.

http://jalopnik.com/the-subaru-levorg-is-a-hot-turbocharged-wagon-with-a-go-1467926164

Edited by Smiley424

I know people are starting to bring over R32 Nissan Skyline's now thanks to the 25 year import rule.

Does this rule vary by state, or is it a federally-imposed one?

There's at least one R32 Skyline in my area, as well as two R34s. I started seeing them around here about 5 years ago. I know that the R32 and one of the R34s are owned by the same person.

Does this rule vary by state, or is it a federally-imposed one?

There's at least one R32 Skyline in my area, as well as two R34s. I started seeing them around here about 5 years ago. I know that the R32 and one of the R34s are owned by the same person.

Federal, but from what I have read, you may run into issues with emissions, especially in CA.

Just unveiled at the North American International Auto Show is the Toyota FT-1 Concept, which celebrates the 40th anniversary of Toyota's Calty Design Research. The concept draws influence from Toyota's sports car heritage from the 2000GT to the Celica, Supra, MR2 and GT 86, as well as the 2007 FT-HS and 2012 Lexus LF-LC concepts. Calty also collaborated with Polyphony Digital to bring the car into the virtual world through Gran Turismo 6.

2014-Toyota-FT-1-Concept-Static-3-2560x1

2014-Toyota-FT-1-Concept-Static-9-2560x1

2014-Toyota-FT-1-Concept-Static-10-2560x

2014-Toyota-FT-1-Concept-Details-11-2560

2014-Toyota-FT-1-Concept-Details-2-2560x

2014-Toyota-FT-1-Concept-Details-5-2560x

2014-Toyota-FT-1-Concept-Interior-1-2560

2014-Toyota-FT-1-Concept-Interior-5-2560

2014-Toyota-FT-1-Concept-Interior-9-2560

2014-Toyota-FT-1-Concept-Gran-Turismo-Nu

2014 Toyota FT-1 Concept

I don't see the FT-1(as a Toyota Supra/Lexus LFA replacement) going into production anytime soon.

The Toyota car line needs sports cars to get kids and young adults to dream about owning a Toyota. Sadly, the sportiest Toyota car you can buy in North America is the Camry SE V6 model. No grade school kid is going to put a poster of a Toyota Camry in their bedroom wall as a dream car.

On the other hand, the Kia brand is starting to feel like Honda of the 90's with sportier offerings that's reasonably priced. Like the Stinger concept.

Surprised this wasn't posted already. The 2015 STi was revealed.

subaru-wrx-sti-6-1.jpg

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/01/14/2015-subaru-wrx-sti-detroit-2014/

It looks like a Scion Tc and an Evo X had a child but I'm still digging the look and it's the best looking version since the peanut-eyes GD in my opinion. I'm only disappointed that they haven't developed a new engine yet and still using the EJ25. I think a more powerful version of the 2.0L engine in the WRX would have been nice to try.

Edited by Shadow