1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

Maybe you can call it Isamu's YF-0S?

Damn the sun for ruining a nice valk.

I don't think its yellowed. The missiles look to be the same color as the valk, the O-S came in a very off white. Understand though that on this specie example you may see a slight tint that I do not. I could be wrong. Either way, if your in the market for a 0-S a great way to determine if it is yellowed is to look at the missiles on the wing. If they match, it's good. I hope Arcadia does put one out in the future.

My current Frontier (w/o my VF-27) lineup.

I just got the armor parts but I don't have Ozma, so I put it on the G first. I'm almost tempted to repaint it blue! I gave up selling the VF-25G after some d*** decided to bid on it on ebay and never replied after winning. I hope it's not one of the members here >: (

20140105_175248.jpg

Sorry for the messy background!

The 25G blue looks great with the Ozma armor. Looks like it stepped out of the blue ray and onto the shelf with the colors.

OK, here goes couple of fixed stance poses from YF-19 (purchased from skullmilitia :) - still need that intake cover), before pictures of the new incarnation flood the whole forum :

EDITED : sorry, crappy phone camera

v6xd.jpgmr13.jpg

Edited by aaajin

Are they flying through space? They must be due to the Strike Pack. I image the TF Seekers are able to fly in space.

Yup, too much drag from the strike pack to fly that in an atmosphere. :p

Hmm... I wonder if the tornado pack for the VF-25 is for space only or what do you think?

Edited by YF-29 Durandal

Nice shot!

Yup, too much drag from the strike pack to fly that in an atmosphere. :p

Hmm... I wonder if the tornado pack for the VF-25 is for space only or what do you think?

Works in atmosphere too. Shown in the movie flying in the fleet.

Those guns are actually pretty sleek and the entire assembly doesn't look like it would introduce too much drag. Not much more than a rotodome on an AWACS plane would produce anyway. Also, something like that certainly wouldn't produce enough drag to hinder the fighter's very powerful engines. Like modern planes, it also uses a fly-by-wire type of controls so it would do the necessary calculations and adjustments while interpreting the pilot's input to make the plane do what the pilot intended to do while still keeping it up in the air.

I think the main reason those guns can only be used in subsonic atmospheric speeds is the risk of damage to the guns if they were being raised and rotated around at mach speeds. The drag at those speeds would probably damage the mechanisms or maybe even tear it right off.

Just because the fighter in Mac F spends most of it's time in space doesn't mean the design couldn't be used someplace else in atmosphere most of the time like all of the those Volan VF-5000 patrols that are atmosphere based.

But then the argument becomes, are you really spending time worrying about drag on make-believe aircraft.

Tomorrow's the start of my next semester, luckily I'm able to finish my Skull 1. I repainted the yellow parts and solely used leftover decals from my VF-1 assembly kit, Bandai VF-25G, RVF-25 (ghost's decals) and VF-27 kits. I really love the 25a's brown and I'm not really a fan of the different colours of the original Frontier skull squad. Can't wait till my other two CFs to come before sharing my simple mod. I only had 1 pair of SMS004 decals which I roughly cut into SMS001's, that's why it looks abit off hahaha. Won't be transforming this guy yet until I learn how to avoid scratches.

DSC01004.jpg

DSC01005.jpg

DSC01008.jpg

DSC01010.jpg

Edited by close313

Thanks! All was easy until i needed to mask the hip armor. I had to redo it a few times since the factory yellow was oversprayed at different points. I learnt that i shouldnt strip paint using lacquer thinner, which caused a portion of plastic of the chest armor to break away. Had to glue and putty it back. And the other crotch piece fell face first right afted spraying. Ugh. Im glad it was a test piece anyway since i dont use it.