1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

Alright, sold. We need a new SV-51. If it weren't for the inherent floppiness of the old Yammie's (and the fact this thing is rare and expensive) I'd be all over the older one's thanks to Saburo.

This one is on loan to me so I could take photos, so I only took pics in fighter mode. While putting on the weapon pods on the hinge on the outer wing did not hold too well.

This one is on loan to me so I could take photos, so I only took pics in fighter mode. While putting on the weapon pods on the hinge on the outer wing did not hold too well.

Oh, I know. That's why I'm not going to bother with this. But if a new one with better mechanics was made I'd buy it.

It would benefit from some of the enhancements the v2 VF-1 series got, namely improved fit and finer panel lines. Throw some newer engineering that we've seen in toys of the last few years and it'd be a win, all around.

I loved my Nora version and regret having parted with it years ago, even if it was a bit floppy for my liking.

Saburo, your shots certainly do the SV-51 justice!

Edited by mickyg

I love the Ivanov color too. I didn't realize there's actually a bit of color variation but your pics bring that out. It's nice and subtle. I wouldn't want a Nora version though, I don't care for the Purple color.

I don't think the anime had a variation in color. The different materials and colors for the each of parts really shows. I think it looks cool, less of a dark grey mass.

Big, Black Beautiful Bird.

Its a beautiful metallic Condor.

Gerwalk pics please!!

Sorry close313, I would take pics of other modes if it were mine. :(

It would benefit from some of the enhancements the v2 VF-1 series got, namely improved fit and finer panel lines. Throw some newer engineering that we've seen in toys of the last few years and it'd be a win, all around.

I loved my Nora version and regret having parted with it years ago, even if it was a bit floppy for my liking.

Saburo, your shots certainly do the SV-51 justice!

Thank you, I appreciate the kind words. This is the very first SV-51 I have handled and I can see how floppy it can be just by seeing it in fighter mode.

Saburo said it's a loaner for pics and he didn't transform it because of that. Never transform another man's Valk.

Mommar is correct.

Wise words, Momar. Wise words indeed...

Very wise words...

Fantastic!

Ditto!

Count me among the 3 people that hate the SV-51 but those pics honestly have me wanting to either track one down or start talking about how Arcadia should revisit the design.

-b.

*edit for grammar

Edited by Kanedas Bike

Ditto!

Count me among the 3 people that hate the SV-51 but those pics honestly have me wanting to either track one down or start talking about how Arcadia should revisit the design.

-b.

*edit for grammar

Yup same here. Great pics! Really want to make you hunt down a SV-51 for your collection.

Thank you both! The one thing I do like about getting Valks loaned to me is that I get to handle them and in some cases transform them so the "Must have" instinct is reduced. I have the pics so they are virtually... mine... MUWAHAHAHA!

:p

Great photography once again! I really like the SV-51. It's unique and ugly but in a badass and awesome sort of way.

Quick tip: If you bring the shoulders up and closer together, it helps the look of the battroid mode quite a bit.

Thank you! I like that is very unique looking and the dark color scheme helps to give it that sinister badass look.

Thank you for the tip, the valk was on loan to me, so I was trying to be careful with its transformation and handling. I'll remember tip and hopefully the SV-51 Nora will loaned to me. As for the Ivanov version its back in it box.

Edited by Saburo

I was granted clearance from the Valk's owner to transform it. :D

Its interesting on how the light reflects off the parts it shows as a different color.

Enjoy!

Bonus!

Rivals take a moment to pose of the camera. :lol:

15391367898_22f07438d6_b.jpg

This one!

It really tells how big SV-51 is... if you consider how big already is the VF-0S !

Amazing shots

Great pics as always, Saburo! ;) Looking at Roy's VF-0S, I really wish they redo that after 0D is released. :D

Thank you no3ljm! Let hope for a reissue :).

This one!

It really tells how big SV-51 is... if you consider how big already is the VF-0S !

Amazing shots

Thank you. I should have taken a shot with the VF-1S with them. :(

Edited by Saburo

sv-51 yamato has a SRP of 20k+ yen, with Arcadia milking the molds and adding useless extras, they can easily charge close to 30k yen for it. With renewal or new version of the mold, you are simply asking them to charge 40k yen :p

Saburo's pic has shown though that it is a very unique and good looking Valkyrie. ;)

Hahaha! Good morning then, bro! A good cup of java should probably fix that. ;)

haha! Thanks, it was a rough monday morning but I made it through the day.

sv-51 yamato has a SRP of 20k+ yen, with Arcadia milking the molds and adding useless extras, they can easily charge close to 30k yen for it. With renewal or new version of the mold, you are simply asking them to charge 40k yen :p

Saburo's pic has shown though that it is a very unique and good looking Valkyrie. ;)

I see your point on the Arcadia pricing for a renewal SV-51.