1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

Thanks all. Glad you guys enjoyed the pics. While the YF-29 is not my favorite design due to the bulkier profile of fighter mode, I think the Ozma YF-29 is one of my favorites I have due to the fact that the color scheme is awesome.

^Not your best work.

Just kidding! She looks fantastic!!!!! :wub:

-b.

Actually, it's true that it might not be my best work, but it still came out pretty decent :)

Simply jaw droppingly amazing yet again MJ!!!

I never knew I wanted a YF-29 Ozma... damn you!!! My daughter won't have boots this winter and I'll tell her its because of you :p

Your daughter must really hate me by now :p That would make it the second time (that I know of anyway) she has been denied shoes because of me!

I'm whoring out MacrossJunkie's photos, but I had to remove some things first.

MJ and Saburo really know how make this easy lol. Props to both of you!

Nice! Thank you.

MJ that is HOTNESS!!!

I mean, I think you should start all over again. Box them up and send them to me, I'll ship you unweathered ones. ;):p:D

That's a great offer! But with my airbrush busted, I can't do a thing right now :(

I'm whoring out MacrossJunkie's photos, but I had to remove some things first.

MJ and Saburo really know how make this easy lol. Props to both of you!

You are welcome. :D

Simply jaw droppingly amazing yet again MJ!!!

I never knew I wanted a YF-29 Ozma... damn you!!! My daughter won't have boots this winter and I'll tell her its because of you :p

Haha.. "Sorry, daddy can't get you the winter boots you wanted, but I made some boots out of shipping boxes daddy's toy come in."

That's a great offer! But with my airbrush busted, I can't do a thing right now :(

:( Hope you get it fixed or get a replacement soon.

Edited by Saburo

What happened to the nose joint on yours and are you considering getting the Bandai VF-19 Advanced instead?

It came like that, others had the same problem, a QC problem Arcadia didn't pay attention toafter it was manufactured. I'm just one of the lucky ones to get that one from HLJ.

It came like that, others had the same problem, a QC problem Arcadia didn't pay attention toafter it was manufactured. I'm just one of the lucky ones to get that one from HLJ.

Oh okay. I guess what I really meant to ask was what was the actual problem with the joint. I'm not familiar with the issue that you and others have experienced.

Edit: 2000th post! I am no longer an eater of sweet, juicy DEAAAAAATH!

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Oh okay. I guess what I really meant to ask was what was the actual problem with the joint. I'm not familiar with the issue that you and others have experienced.

Edit: 2000th post! I am no longer an eater of sweet, juicy DEAAAAAATH!

Yeah, you were one of the lucky ones that got the ones that didn't have nose joint problems.

Oh wow, it doesn't push up any further? Is it that little tab inside the nose that pushes up the black canopy portion bit back up? How prevalent was this problem? Mine doesn't have it.

Oh wow, it doesn't push up any further? Is it that little tab inside the nose that pushes up the black canopy portion bit back up? How prevalent was this problem? Mine doesn't have it.

Pretty rare, I would hope. I have two without that problem.

Mine was doing that too, but not as bad. I had to push the little black tab in to get the nose to seat right. The tab as a bit tight, after a few times the pushing the tab it seats right and now everything is ok.

Whoa! That would drive me nuts!

VF-171 Variants

Nice shot! I must remain strong... no 171's. :)

Edited by Saburo

you will see I'm post these pics now

Is there any way you can file down whatever is preventing the nose from going all the way up? My OCD'ness would force me to do something about it or go crazy.

Whoa! That would drive me nuts!

VF-171 Variants

Nice shot! 3 different 171's in 3 different modes.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Thanks gang! I'm too lazy to change each one to each mode.

Not nearly as pretty as the real experts' work, but this is my shelf at the moment. (Somehow I've got to squeeze the Koenig in there again...)

Any valk on display is beautiful. At least you have a place to display them. Most of mine are in storage prison till I find a nice display case.

Thank you! I t has been a journey.

I missed out in the entire bandai's MFrontier, and Yamato's M7 collection. I feel like Yamato's bankruptcy was my fault xD

I haven't bought a Valkyrie in many many years. Also I missed out most of the new gen Yamato's 1/60 vF-1. Likely perfect valkrye, but i only have TV's Roy, Hikaru, Kahizake, and Genius. Still in boxes they sit, for years now. I wish i bought the versions with the little seats, this is my only gripe :D

We need MOAR pictures in this thread. It doesn't matter the size of the collection. A good pose is worth a million Valkyries IMHO

Absolutley beautiful picture guys, thanks for the pictures.

Especially you Macrossjunkie & Skullmilitia. Ridiculously awesome pictures!

Oh and the YF/VF-19 collection. I am so jealous, lol

Edited by vlenhoff

Yeah I kept pushing against that tab and the nose still won't lock up. Maybe I'll try a smal flat head and see what happens.

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Saw those on Flickr first and they are awesome, had no Idea he had a Skull Squadron VF-11C.

Is there any way you can file down whatever is preventing the nose from going all the way up? My OCD'ness would force me to do something about it or go crazy.

Nice shot! 3 different 171's in 3 different modes.

I contiplated unscrewing the nose to see what they did wrong, it might be a joint problem that connects the nose to the cockpit body.

Yup. A lot more dynamic ranges of posing can be done. Can't wait to get the newer adapters. I rigged the middle one to hold 2 valks but it's a tight fit. I like the Bandai stands too as they can disappear in the background. Haha! Too much tropical sunlight! A good excuse for me to use if Arcadia makes one. That Arcadia white is super bright too!

Edited by wmkjr

Okay everyone here is the long awaited collabortion photo with Saburo and myself and since I made two of them, should have stuck with one cause I did such a good job on them even he couldn't make up his mind. So I asked if it was okay to postand he said yes so here they are.

15598204540_c295ac262d_b.jpg

and the one with eath in the background

15759327126_cb16c2802b_b.jpg

enjoy.