1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

Nice.

But I think it would even be more nicer if you use his special red Rei instead.

:D

I was still in the middle of doing the project when he got the Special Red Rei but will be doing that one soon as I got his permission to do mre when I have the chance already saved it to my computer, but as of now I am back to editing my YF-19 pics.

Not bad! My only critique is that it feels a bit weird to me that the foreground is in focus while the VF is out of focus and then the background is in focus again.

Yeah I know, but he has improved with the new pics of YF-29 and Rei, I was so impressed that I'm going to have to do a remake with the improved photos.

Took a while for me to get around to it, but I finished my YF-25. Painted the edges of the shoulder blocks because since they are never really flush in fighter mode, the white on the sides always showed and that bothered me. Just did a light bit of weathering on it overall.

Fighter:
YF-25_Fighter_01.jpg
YF-25_Fighter_02.jpg
YF-25_Fighter_03.jpg
YF-25_Fighter_04.jpg
YF-25_Fighter_05.jpg
YF-25_Fighter_06.jpg
YF-25_Fighter_07.jpg
YF-25_Fighter_08.jpg
YF-25_Fighter_09.jpg

GERWALK:
YF-25_GERWALK_01.jpg
YF-25_GERWALK_02.jpg
YF-25_GERWALK_03.jpg
YF-25_GERWALK_04.jpg
YF-25_GERWALK_05.jpg

Battroid:
YF-25_Battroid_01.jpg
YF-25_Battroid_02.jpg

YF-25_Battroid_03.jpg

YF-25_Battroid_04.jpg

YF-25_Battroid_05.jpg

YF-25_Battroid_06.jpg

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Here is my next batch going from fighter mode to Gerwalk

15216100513_1bfcbb34e3_b.jpg

15216100283_139443b69c_b.jpg

15215553344_0eccac4202_b.jpg

15649716939_176a605c3b_b.jpg

15833659161_5a53e80ffd_b.jpg

15650680080_031dae70ac_b.jpg

before you all go saying that's not the GU-11, let me say this I was up till midnight editing when I was going through three photos each while watching the Walking Dead, so my brain wason autopilot as I closed down my computer for the night. I didn't catch this until I uploaded the photos on my Flickr account.

15216098943_41d9c7e83e_k.jpg

15833657861_09db12114a_k.jpg

Got good news I was able to get the nose up, I used tweezers to push that black tab up and it stayed this time so no dismantling for me and I also pre-ordered the new stand from Arcadia

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

That's great you finally got the nose to move up!

HA, ha :wacko:

Yeah I'll have a picture up of it soon.

So. Many. Jokes...

Must refrain from letting the jokes take over. :lol:

...in all seriousness, though, I understand how an issue with a part of a valk not aligning correctly can be frustrating. I am glad that you were able to get the issue "straightened out"...

...ok, had to let one slip in. ;)

I finished fixing and repainting the super parts for my Alto 29. Before I even did that, I decided to rework my 29 a bit. It was one of my earlier weathering attempts using the tamiya weathering kits and wasn't as cleanly done as I would have liked so I cleaned it up with some masking and spraying white paint (with a touch of gray) on the whites.

I also masked and reworked the reds since they were mismatched on the toy where the painted sections didn't match the plastic, particularly on the top of the fighter, the back section of the turret guns and stripes, and the reds on the inner sides of the legs. Color matched the reds on the super parts too since they were also too light. Then I finished it off by changing the dead flat matte coating to a semi-gloss.

I took that fold wave emitter part to replace the piece that was missing and repainted it. I think you'd be hard pressed to tell which part was the one I repainted.

Also found out that the hinges for the tray the head attaches to were all cracked and split open. I had to take it apart and super glue the loops. Has anyone else's cracked? I think the metal tube inserted into the holes must have been too big and caused the plastic to split over time. I also noticed the same thing happened on my 1st release 25F renewal.

Anyway, here's fighter mode for now. I think I'm finding that I like the super parts more without the fuel pods for the atmospheric loadout.

Super_YF-29_Alto_Fighter_01.jpg
Super_YF-29_Alto_Fighter_02.jpg

Super_YF-29_Alto_Fighter_03.jpg

Super_YF-29_Alto_Fighter_04.jpg

Super_YF-29_Alto_Fighter_05.jpg

Super_YF-29_Alto_Fighter_06.jpg

Super_YF-29_Alto_Fighter_07.jpg

Super_YF-29_Alto_Fighter_08.jpg

Super_YF-29_Alto_Fighter_09.jpg

Super_YF-29_Alto_Fighter_10.jpg

Beautiful MJ (as always!) - you should definitely graduate to building models with the amount of work & effort you put into these toys, its immensely gratifying (sometimes :p).

Dude, you knocked that one out of the park! I liked it before but this attempt is better in every possible way. Excellent work!

MJ, amazing work as always! Its so nice to see the color matched reds.

Beautiful MJ (as always!) - you should definitely graduate to building models with the amount of work & effort you put into these toys, its immensely gratifying (sometimes :p).

Thanks guys! I was pretty satisfied with the result. I think it was worth the extra effort to rework the 29.

Here's my first attempt at messing with making a composite image just to see how I would do. The VF-25 Master File inspired me to give it a try. I don't have any fancy software, just used GIMP.

YF-25%2520test%2520flight%2520over%2520d

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Thanks guys! I was pretty satisfied with the result. I think it was worth the extra effort to rework the 29.

Here's my first attempt at messing with making a composite image just to see how I would do. The VF-25 Master File inspired me to give it a try. I don't have any fancy software, just used GIMP.

YF-25%2520test%2520flight%2520over%2520d

Just when I think you have done some amazing work, then that is your FIRST attempt... Simply amazing work! :hail:

Edited by Saburo

phenomenal! can't believe it's your first try, on GIMP even! you should make a series of tutorials! XD