54 members have voted

1. 1. So will it be any good?

• New creative team. It will be awesome. Yo Joe!
    • It's going to suck. It'll probably still star Capt. Grid-Iron and the Eco Warriors--in black!
    • But I liked Capt. Grid-Iron and the Eco Warriors. And black goes well with everything. Bring Sommers back!
    • *Snake Eyes*

OMG, I actually started reading a few of the comments after the AICN article. It's worse than youtube. I mean, they're not even complete PHRASES, much less sentences...

PS---I am very tempted to re-set this thread's poll and allow everyone to vote again.

Yeah I was really looking forward to it too. All the trailers looked a lot more like the Larry Hama written Comic and not that shluck that they put out the first time.

OMG, I actually started reading a few of the comments after the AICN article. It's worse than youtube. I mean, they're not even complete PHRASES, much less sentences...

AICN is a horrible, horrible place.

So yeah, G.I. Joe 2 toys. They exist in the wild, if anyone cared to know:

Photo0013.jpg

• 6 months later...

I was looking at Hisstank and I came across these designs. They're actually pretty cool. Too bad the movie seems more campy than the look on these pre-production pages.

http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/gi-joe-movie-2/gijoe-retaliation-movie-spoiler-images-and-information-11725/?showall=1

Another thing I read on there is how Channing Tatum "requested" to be killed off because his career was about to take off. First of all I don't buy it. Second of all, if it is true... frakk you a-hole! Let's see where you are when you Steve Guttenberg your career and beg for a spot on GI Joe 18: Rebooted.

I did not like the first one, too cheesy, the trailers last year for this one looked good, and not as cheesy, so we will see. But seeing more Tatum in the new trailer does not fill me with hope, I just hope that he does get killed off in the first act like originally thought.

Edited by Knight26

I am a huge fan of the original Comic Run of G.I. Joe. This looks much more in tune with that version than whatever that garbage they gave us last time. Looking forward to this.

I agree, let's hope this is better, and doesn't have sinking ice, sheesh

I agree, let's hope this is better, and doesn't have sinking ice, sheesh

I'll be honest, I've seen the GI Joe movie at least 4 times all the way through and Not once did I actually notice that and think to myself wait, that doesn't make sense.

• 1 month later...

I still consider the first movie to be one of the worst adaptations ever made, but I'll go ahead and watch Retaliation in hopes of fixing the mess of the first, regardless of how much of a train wreck it will be by itself.

Oh I agree. Rise of Cobra was garbage. Most of the guys in Hisstank agree with that too. I really don't know any G.I.Joe fans that liked it. Only casual people that could barely remember what it was..

• 2 weeks later...

Mmm, we're gonna get two straight-up ninja fights!

Also, I can't be the only one who's curious as to who (or what) is in that bag Snake Eyes and Jinx are lugging around.

During the Snake Eyes vs. Storm Shadow fight, Jinx gasses Storm Shadow and they stuff him in the body bag before they are chased off by Cobra thugs.

Wait... The movie is NOT called "Operation Bodymassage!!??"

1. Confusing thread title

2. What a letdown... I thought finally somebody had started to run with the idea of putting together clips from the show and dubbing them like the PSA's... Dammit.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just got back from watching the movie. Understand, I'm a HUGE fan of GI Joe, more so the Larry Hama comic run than anything else.

While the film definitely has some good moments, it was just a little too cheesy for my tastes.

I think the background music choices were a little too over-the-top (way too over-dramatic) and some of the "serious" dialogue comes off as really hokey.

As a fan, the film gets certain things right about the Joe "mythos," but it somehow still feels "off." You see Jinx and Snake Eyes training together, but the exposition spoken during those scenes was seriously eye-roll :rolleyes: inducing.

A few other comments:

* I hate to admit it, but it's a good thing this film was held back until now. It would have gotten killed when compared to Dark Knight Rises and Avengers.

* Cobra Commander's sporting the traditional faceplate, but we get the hokey moustache-twirling villian of the 80's cartoons, not the dangerous and worthy adversary of the comics.

* Storm Shadow steals most of the scenes he's in.

* You get to gawk at Adrianne Palicki more than a few times.

* The action sequences are alright and solid (the military teamwork scenes come to mind and Ninja Throwing Stars vs. Uzi FTW!! :D) and nothing so annoying as the accelerator suits or nano-crap.

* Surprisingly, some of the best scenes are when Channing Tatum and the Rock are totally sh*t-talking one another.

As much as I wanted this film to kick ass, I can only give it a half-hearted "Meh, it's okay." The Resolute and Renegades cartoons are still a better representation of what I like about GI Joe.

Retaliation is definitely better than the first so-called GI Joe film, but I kinda wish it was more than that. I can see the effort put into it, but it just didn't come together as well as I had hoped.

Edited by Mog