54 members have voted

1. 1. So will it be any good?

• New creative team. It will be awesome. Yo Joe!
    • It's going to suck. It'll probably still star Capt. Grid-Iron and the Eco Warriors--in black!
    • But I liked Capt. Grid-Iron and the Eco Warriors. And black goes well with everything. Bring Sommers back!
    • *Snake Eyes*

Apparently the inevitable sequel to the Rise of Cobra is at least getting off to a good start. It's being written by the same writers who did Zombieland and (the best part) Stephen Sommers won't be returning. happy.gif No release date yet though.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/19004/sommers-out-of-g-i-joe-sequel

EDIT: Accidentally hit the button before I finished making the poll.

Edited by azrael

There was no option for "It is GI - Joe, which means it can't possibly be good."

Or how about the option "In my country we never got G.I. OTT Patriot as a cartoon or a toy, so who gives a damn?"

I also liked the first one; mainly because it was pretty much on par with the cartoon. It had a great flow. The thing is a fantasy, so you just have to roll with it and not take it TOO seriously.

My one gripe with the movie was Cobra Commander's retarded wierd looking mask at the end. Hopefully in part 2, Cobra Commander will look more like his good old self.

And I am SURE Storm Shadow is NOT dead! He was the BEST in that movie!!

Pete

Scary thing is GI Joe Renegades has a better plot than the movie did.

No, the really scary thing is that there where people who actually expected a serious, intelligent plot form a movie based on GI JOE :p

:edit:

FYI; I think Sommers will be sorely missed when everything is said and done. If there's one thing he's good at, it's making hilariously bad movies. There are very few people who can pull off that level of cheese and I feel like a new creative team will just loose touch with the true spirit of GI Joe.

Edited by anime52k8

I have a few issues with the first movie. International Anti-Terroist Orginization does not deliver its operatives into battle in a Hummer H2. Also, at the end, I love how the ice sunk into the sea.

I have a few issues with the first movie. International Anti-Terroist Orginization does not deliver its operatives into battle in a Hummer H2. Also, at the end, I love how the ice sunk into the sea.

THAT is what bothers you about the movie? :blink:

• 1 month later...

GI Joe 2 Jon M Chu Set To Direct

Our section for movie news:

GI Joe Movie 2

Each time Chu was asked about Justin Bieber in GI Joe 2, he laughed, he was kidding when he suggested him, E!Online ran with it, but even stated that he was just kidding.

As for whether this movie will be better than ROC, who the hell knows. One can only hope.

If I were to make a GI Joe movie, I would recut the old cartoon episodes into a movie, and redub like the "bodymassage" video. It would be two hours of crazyness.

I still like my idea.

I managed to miss the first half-an-hour but - once my brain had given up on its fantasies of wanting to punch the script-writers in the face for insulting its intelligence every five seconds - I, much to my surprise, rather enjoyed the first one. I mean, it has a car chase where two of the vehicles involved are on foot and the third "vehicle" is not just a ninja, but freakin' Snake Eyes, who is what ninjas dream of being when they grow up [1].

Favourite bit? Let the world tremble at the unstoppable speed of the High Velocity Missiles. Nothing can possibly catch something travelling at Mach 5...! :)

[1] Also, freakin' practical ninja. Rest of your colleagues standing around staring at the aforementioned unstoppably fast missiles? Not Snake Eyes.

Edited by F-ZeroOne

Ok,

So I just saw the rise of cobra, I rented it today and wow! What a colossal piece of crap! Every second I was watching this i felt embarrassed for who ever worked on this movie, and I use that term loosely.

Seriously how could you in good conscience be apart of this if you cared anything about your reputation in hollywood, but enough I am bashing. I have a 1080p 240 hz tv and the special effects look horrible, I mean horrible. Because of the 240 hz per frame the special effects strait out of the syfy channel's movie of the week. I mean really those suits looked ridiculous

Am I wrong?

I still wonder about the thoughts behind using bad CGI Apache helicopters flying over a generic desert for 10 secs, when there's tons of stock footage of the real thing available for cheap/free. Kind of like using bad CG for clouds or grass or anything else that can be filmed "in perfect real life" any day of the week...