54 members have voted

1. 1. So will it be any good?

• New creative team. It will be awesome. Yo Joe!
    • It's going to suck. It'll probably still star Capt. Grid-Iron and the Eco Warriors--in black!
    • But I liked Capt. Grid-Iron and the Eco Warriors. And black goes well with everything. Bring Sommers back!
    • *Snake Eyes*

I still wonder about the thoughts behind using bad CGI Apache helicopters flying over a generic desert for 10 secs, when there's tons of stock footage of the real thing available for cheap/free. Kind of like using bad CG for clouds or grass or anything else that can be filmed "in perfect real life" any day of the week...

So someone else noticed the Black Hawk Down footage in the movie? :o

• 2 months later...

Name is:

GI Joe 2 Cobra Strikes

Lots of rumors so far. Anything from:

Several New Characters For GI Joe 2 Cobra Strikes

to

Shad Gaspard Might Star In GI Joe 2 Cobra Strikes Possible Roadblock

Joseph Gordon Levitt is out, Storm Shadow, Snake Eyes and Duke are the only ones confirmed to return(so far), and Nichols is out but said she wanted to be in it. Who knows whether this will change or not.

The most promising things are that the screenwriters of Zombieland penned the script. Aside from that...yeah I dunno.

First one was ok. I liked the Storm Shadow / Snake Eyes stuff. Hated the Duke actor and Wayans parts, though. Like Zartan and Cobra Commander but not as fond of Destro or the nanobot super cobra. Duke gets killed and someone else takes the code name to honor the tool bag from the first movie, Wayans is horribly maimed. Scarlet has flashbacks to her story with Snake Eyes and decides to pursue the relationship, etc.

You know, GI Joe the animated movie didn't fair well either. Maybe it's just a GI Joe curse?! GI Joe live action movie was OK, I actually paid to watch it in the theatre. Man, I just thought they could've done a better job. Not to go off topic but Transformers (which is more far fetch - Alien Robots) has a better plot and acting, than GI Joe which involves realistic issues - an elite unit and terrorist. Whoever is doing GI Joe 2, needs to do a better job.

• 2 weeks later...

Aww, man! This movie is going to suck rocks!

Bwa... fwa... I may have to rethink that statement...

IF YOU SMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLL WHAT THE ROADBLOCK......ISSSSSSSS COOOOOOKIN!

• 2 weeks later...

Woah, the Rock's on board? As stupid and painful as the first movie was, I may go watch this one just cause the Rock's in it. I just hope that Duane Johnson plays The Rock in the new movie.

Edited by peter