54 members have voted

1. 1. So will it be any good?

• New creative team. It will be awesome. Yo Joe!
    • It's going to suck. It'll probably still star Capt. Grid-Iron and the Eco Warriors--in black!
    • But I liked Capt. Grid-Iron and the Eco Warriors. And black goes well with everything. Bring Sommers back!
    • *Snake Eyes*

The problem I had with this movie was how they portrayed Flint. Both movies represented the joe characters far differently in fact. Hated how Scarlet was in the first but that may stem from being more of a comic Joe fan than the TV joe fan.

I was a bit disappointed in this movie. I found the first one was very enjoyable, but this one just didn't have the epic scope of the first one for me.

Where were:

- the amp suits

- the huge training installation

- the hardware

- the technology

- the personnel

from the first? This one really seemed 'stripped down'. Even if many of the Joes were killed, there's all this support staff and bases across the globe that are still around, and not to mention submarines, etc. It just felt like a much 'smaller' movie to me, and I didn't like that. The original was like a cartoon that came to life and I enjoyed it immensely. I hope the sequel will ratchet it up a notch again. At least we got some cool looking HISS tanks in this one....

I was a bit disappointed in this movie. I found the first one was very enjoyable, but this one just didn't have the epic scope of the first one for me.

Where were:

- the amp suits

- the huge training installation

- the hardware

- the technology

- the personnel

from the first? This one really seemed 'stripped down'. Even if many of the Joes were killed, there's all this support staff and bases across the globe that are still around, and not to mention submarines, etc. It just felt like a much 'smaller' movie to me, and I didn't like that. The original was like a cartoon that came to life and I enjoyed it immensely. I hope the sequel will ratchet it up a notch again. At least we got some cool looking HISS tanks in this one....

They used much of the plot of G.I. Joe Renegades...

Yeah it was no Oscar film but I enjoyed Retaliation. Much better than Rise was. I agree that the sequences alone are better than the edits together(I think the directors cut/blu ray may fix that).

No.

I'm a fairly huge Joe fan. But the cartoon film was crappy other than the opening. The whole Cobra la thing was where they went too far. The comic stayed realistic as possible...don't know why the cartoon became some Master of the Universe fantasy type show with the film.

Retaliation was a great action film.

Actually yes. The cartoon movie might not be perfect. Maybe they did go too far with the fantasy and new characters. And I think some of the episode movies are probably better. I haven't seen them in a while. But cartoon movie is certainly better than Rise of Cobra which is a really dumb action movie with some twist/surprises that I can't believe they thought would be good.

I wish they would make a sequel to Resolute.

Same here. Resolute is awesome. They should have made a series out of it. I thought Renegades fell apart towards the end. I lost interest. But I did like some of the character designs.

• 4 months later...

I finally saw this last night as well. I liked it! I enjoyed it for what it was. It looks absolutely great in HD. I like The Rock and thought he added a lot to the movie. I wished Scarlett and The Baroness had been back, but hey whatever. Rent it for a $1 or 2 and sit back, crank it up and enjoy!

I bought the blu ray, but the only reason for doing so was to see Lady Jay in that tight, tiny, two piece jogging outfit and to a lesser extent that red dress...

saw it 2 weeks ago, it wasn't bad! A tad confusing there since I hadn't seen the first movie in a while. But it was good. Only problem I had is wondering wth happened to ripcord?

Hopefully he's off somewhere exploring Scarlett's hidden hills and valleys and her once forbidden zones...

I saw it a couple weeks ago. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either. It called back much more the comic book source material, which was good, but was hampered by having to call back to the first movie, which was terrible. The extra scenes with Channing Tatum just felt poorly tacked on and unneccesary. I would have preferred if they just rebooted the whole thing, instead we got a sort of soft reboot, throwing out most of the crap from the first movie and focussing on a small corps of characters. This could lead into a fun series of movies, but doubt it will, that first movie will always hold it back in that regard. The overall plot was much more like the 80s cartoons, and could have been done better but I doubt that a good live action GI Joe movie will ever be made at this point, which is too bad because I was such a fan of the 80s comics and toys.

Comics, toys, and MAYBE, just MAYBE cartoons is where GI Joe and some other franchises need to stay...(I mean you T-formers, Macross, Space Cruiser, etc, etc, etc, etc...)