Stooopid toy "blacklist" soccer mom poopoo!

91WhiskeyM6

Casey has a unique sense of what's right or wrong and you better be on the side of right or he'll slap shot you upside your head with his hockey stick."
while Power Rangers are portrayed as good guys they solve problems by fighting.

Sometimes I don't know when to keep my mouth shut and obey the forum rules.

I love you all! :D

Just another case of people with waaaay too much time on their hands who are seeking some sort of justification for their existence.

Bugger them for a lark!

Although they are right.....

But it makes me wonder why these people spend all those years and money earning a degree in colllege ??

just to make people hate them more....

..and in the end make kids buy more of what is " not allowed" to have because is a "bad" thing. You know how that goes...specially when they grow up

How are the 2 Fast 2 Furious too violent? They're cars? Might as well mention all the Matchbox toys as well, yeesh.

Violently ugly yes, but not violent per se.

Not violent, but definitely just as harmful as being a violent influence to minds that can't/don't know any better. Movies like 2F2F, 'Gone in 60, etc like to justify felonious, criminal behavior for a "higher" moral ground in the end of a story, allowing its main characters to ignore laws that the society (you, me, law enforcement) believes in and upholds. This basically amounts to an "ends justifying the means" mentality and that is NOT the way accomplish one's goals or desires...

Big robots with guns are not exactly innocent.

2 Fast and 2 Furious is a stupid movie that glamourizes breaking the law and street racing.

Wrestling, Matrix, and those other movies are a little more obvious.

I suppose you guys do not have any young kids and don't really understand this sort of thing. I'm not saying I fully support such extremes but I can see how others might.

How are the 2 Fast 2 Furious too violent? They're cars? Might as well mention all the Matchbox toys as well, yeesh.

Violently ugly yes, but not violent per se.

Not violent, but definitely just as harmful as being a violent influence to minds that can't/don't know any better. Movies like 2F2F, 'Gone in 60, etc like to justify felonious, criminal behavior for a "higher" moral ground in the end of a story, allowing its main characters to ignore laws that the society (you, me, law enforcement) believes in and upholds. This basically amounts to an "ends justifying the means" mentality and that is NOT the way accomplish one's goals or desires...

Not to mention that every since the original Fast and the Furious came out, every kid with a Honda Civic suddenly thinks he/she is a street racer by weaving in and out of lanes and doing 90+ on the highway during rush hour.

If any good is to come out of this, the Watchdog group should focus on giving education. NOT indoctrination.

Most kids are not stupid at all these days. Most parents may not have a lot of time for their children, but they do take time to educate their children the differences. Stuff like these have always been marketed as a form of entertainment.

So what if everything else is watered down and tame? The same people who criticized these products for being too violent, will turn around and say the entertainment creators are now creatively-challenged or they don't make toys like they use to.

If watchdog groups are worried, they should just get the entertaiment makers to insert some comprehensively-written leaflets to educate the young consumers against REAL violence.

But then again, I guess it's always so much easier for these people to make a huge HOO HAA instead of realistically dealing with the situation at hand - especially when it's not the lousy back seat drivers' rice bowl that is at risk.

Edited by Beware of Blast

Geez down with soccer moms and all the mountain-out-of-a-molehill jerks. Stuff like that gets my blood boiling.

For my part, if my wife and I decide to have kids I promise all of you that that kid will have all the "violent" and "choke hazard" toys he/she wants, and you know what?......the child will turn out a peace-loving individual with high morals and no need to make the world a more irritating place like these people.

I don't buy into their theory at all. I grew up playing with toy guns and "violent" toys. I watched rated R movies at a tender age.....and I'm one of the most non-aggresive compassionate people you would meet. Same goes for about 99.9% of my friends I've known since my youth. :angry:

Whee! Teddybears!

As for this toy flap, I see both sides, to an extent. I wouldn't give my child a Clive Barker "Tortured Souls" action figure (wouldn't have one myself--they're disturbing and sick) or something of that ilk. Probably wouldn't give a young child a Yammie, either, because of the sharp edges and small bits. Yet a GI Joe? Ninja Turtle? Transformers? I had those when I was a kid, and I turned out mostly fine. I do believe that in a way, this is a group of people who do want to try to change the world without changign the world. More damaging to a child, IMHO, is abuse. That's what really screws a child up and gets him to believe that violence is the answer to everything.

These groups are for the Mothers who hold too tightly on their kids, then the kids grow up to be quiet people who are affraid of their shadow, either that or they turn out to be serial killers.

Well....this pretty much is standard in our "pass the blame" minded country. Whatever happens, "it's someone elses fault".

"My kid shot his eye out. It's the toy company's fault. Let's sue."

"My kid is violent. It's the toy and TV company's fault. Let's sue."

Yeah, right lady. Because it couldn't possibly be your fault for not paying attention to what your kid buys, plays with, or watches on TV. Why not teach children how not to hurt themselves and others with their toys instead of just saying "no, you can't play with it." How are kid's suppose to learn from that?

Why don't you sit down and talk to you kid for once? One on one like a human being, instead of running around on your crusade with all the other housewives who are nelecting their children too.

Speaking of NFS Underground, you guys should buy the game. It's possibly the best NFS game since NFS Hot Pursuit 2.

Nope. NFS: Porsche Unleashed is the best NFS ever. And if you want a F&F style game that's not as pandering as NFS: Underground, get Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3 (Zero 1).

Vostok 7

I refuse to play NFS:Underground. The game forces players to cover beautiful cars in hideous bodykits, useless wings, and ugly stickers, and I absolutely can't even stomach looking at them. Apparently, the game designers have never heard of a sleeper.

Actually, the custom parts aren't mandatory. You can leave your car as plain as you want. It's the performance parts that are important.

"Like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, this is another television-generated brand with the message that the best way to solve problems is through violence,"

My life experience as an adult, not the toys I played with, has led me to the conclusion that 99% of the time violence is the best solution. :p

<_<

Friggin' GARBAGE

I hate crap like that...nuff said.

arrrgg!

Edited by MacBoy29

My main annoyance is that they obviously don't look TOO closely at each brand. Example: Transformers. They cite Razorclaw. How is HE the worst TF? (He's the new Tigerhawk repaint). They also cite the BW game. Huh? Far "worse" toys and games, even in the TF line.

And of course, any time they don't list some McFarlane stuff means they totally ignored one of Toys R Us' aisles....

Based on previous year's lists, it's obvious they go by the NAME a lot of the time to go pick toys, rather than actually checking out each thing. I.E. "Gun Sniper" was listed as the worst Zoid last year, as opposed to those which wiped out entire cities on the show and have working spring-loaded missiles (the bane of parent groups)... And "Razorclaw" is one of the "harsher" TF names.

My main annoyance is that they obviously don't look TOO closely at each brand. Example: Transformers. They cite Razorclaw. How is HE the worst TF? (He's the new Tigerhawk repaint). They also cite the BW game. Huh? Far "worse" toys and games, even in the TF line.

And of course, any time they don't list some McFarlane stuff means they totally ignored one of Toys R Us' aisles....

Based on previous year's lists, it's obvious they go by the NAME a lot of the time to go pick toys, rather than actually checking out each thing. I.E. "Gun Sniper" was listed as the worst Zoid last year, as opposed to those which wiped out entire cities on the show and have working spring-loaded missiles (the bane of parent groups)... And "Razorclaw" is one of the "harsher" TF names.

Interesting that you noticed that. It all makes sense now. :)

To everyone else: This thread walks a dangerous line. Be careful that it doesn't tip over too far into the realm of the P word. DON'T SAY THE P-WORD!

Bah humbug!

Before violent toys it was violent TV,

Before that it was violent movies,

before that it was dime and pulp novels,

before that it was probably old radio dramas.

Parents through the ages have just wanted to make excuses for not teaching their spaz stink children the difference between right and wrong.

They don't want to blame themselves when something goes wrong they just want to blame society.

We can blame transformers when little billy hops into his giant robot and takes out half of suburbia with its head mounted rail guns.

Untill then these people need to chill.

Also obviously my comments don't apply to all parents. Mine raised me right and are well adjusted. Just didn't want to start something with any of you who have kids. I know most of you are doing a good job, so keep it up.

Go parents rah rah and all that, so don't take any offense.

Edited by Father Jack

I refuse to play NFS:Underground. The game forces players to cover beautiful cars in hideous bodykits, useless wings, and ugly stickers, and I absolutely can't even stomach looking at them. Apparently, the game designers have never heard of a sleeper.

Actually, the custom parts aren't mandatory. You can leave your car as plain as you want. It's the performance parts that are important.

Yeah, but I know that to really progress, ou have to get "Image Points" or something like that, which are gained only through styling mods.