Stooopid toy "blacklist" soccer mom poopoo!

91WhiskeyM6

I can barely remember all of them, but those were still some of my favorites. Maybe when Disney releases it's collection of wartime 'toons next year, Warners will be convinced to follow suit.

Doubtful as most of those looney toons wartime reels were very "racist"... I fear another Song of the South treatment for those Bugs and Daffy cartoons when they plaster the buck-toothed Japanese soldier and Hitler.

When are these idiot PC crowd going to realise that it's not about banning things or prevent access to them, it's all about being responsible and teaching responsible behavior, basically being a good parent.

I guess ppl haven't realized that the more you ban/prohibit/what not the more appealing you make that thing.

I've posted before on the old fourm what my $0.02 was.

Basically, I think watchdog groups are not only stupid, but also demonstrate how far south things have gone in this world.

It sickens me that parents can't pay enough attention to what their children are doing and buying to stop their children from getting into these "offensive" things to begin with that we need these watchdog groups to tell parents what they should already be doing.

I mean seriously. Pick up the toys and video games your kids are playing with before they buy them... See if they are something you want them to be playing with. We DON'T need watchdog groups to tell us what's bad so we can overreact to every little thing our kids are playing to make up for halfassed parenting!

This stuff just pisses me off to no end.

Vostok 7

I totally agree Vostok. This is crazy. Sad thing is that the biggest cause of most of the violence in this world is people forcing their messed up ideas on others through these irrational crusades. If one was really worried about violence and children, I sincerely doubt that toys would be a good place to start.

I've posted before on the old fourm what my $0.02 was.

Basically, I think watchdog groups are not only stupid, but also demonstrate how far south things have gone in this world.

It sickens me that parents can't pay enough attention to what their children are doing and buying to stop their children from getting into these "offensive" things to begin with that we need these watchdog groups to tell parents what they should already be doing.

I mean seriously. Pick up the toys and video games your kids are playing with before they buy them... See if they are something you want them to be playing with. We DON'T need watchdog groups to tell us what's bad so we can overreact to every little thing our kids are playing to make up for halfassed parenting!

This stuff just pisses me off to no end.

Vostok 7

What it basically boils down to is that they have the right to express thier opinions and you have the right not to agree. Any parent who is smart enough to be involved in thier child's life is also smart enough to formulate thier own opinions about what are acceptable toys. That being said it's really not worth getting worked up over. ;)

I can barely remember all of them, but those were still some of my favorites. Maybe when Disney releases it's collection of wartime 'toons next year, Warners will be convinced to follow suit.

Doubtful as most of those looney toons wartime reels were very "racist"... I fear another Song of the South treatment for those Bugs and Daffy cartoons when they plaster the buck-toothed Japanese soldier and Hitler.

Not all of them: Cartoon Network was able to get away with showing some of them uncut (or 99% uncut) on a special episode of "Toonheads" in 2001. This included "Herr meets Hare" (important as the first ever "Wrong toin at Alberquerque" :) ), Tex Avery's "Blitz Wolf," and two others whose names escape me. In fact, CN wanted to show every Bugs Bunny cartoon ever made in the annual "June Bugs" marathon in 2001, but eleven or so were vetoed by Warners on grounds of racial insensitivity.

I've see the WW2 anti-Japanese Bugs Bunny short (I won't repeat the name here, it is blatantly racist) and it is admittedly cringe-inducing in a couple of spots.