Bandai DX Chogokin YF-29 Durandal Valkyrie

UN Spacy

I did not like the movie and the YF-29 is not that amazing in my opinion.

But because everybody wants it, I will also buy one. First time I buy a Valkyrie just for the stupid frenzy :)

I sold mine within weeks after I first got it. I just didn't connect with it. But now that I have the renewals, my Frontier collection feels like it is missing something, which is now why I want one again. At least if you buy one, you could probably unload it to someone else for what you paid for it, if not more. :p

I put in a preorder at Anime Export. Never used them before, and I'm a bit wary of any place that requires payment up front like that. I hope I don't get screwed and they come back telling me they don't have enough units to fill all the orders (I delayed in putting in my order).

They've been around for a while and I haven't heard any problems so far, so you're probably good. That said, I'd rather not pay for something up front for such a large amount of money. $50 is one thing. The Armor and Super packs I paid up front because I had no choice.

I put in a preorder at Anime Export. Never used them before, and I'm a bit wary of any place that requires payment up front like that. I hope I don't get screwed and they come back telling me they don't have enough units to fill all the orders (I delayed in putting in my order).

They're ok.

Which link are you referring to?

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN968698

I had that on my default browser tab and it was already "order-stop" this morning (9am EST) like all the other shops except A-E, likely because A-E only allows one unit per customer. A-E pre-order was also closed sometime in the afternoon.

If you missed it, keep checking. Also email your favorite stores to get them to order more from Bandai.

I don't know if they meant for it to be open or not, but it was open for ten minutes last night. I'm guessing it was just a few stock to grab some early converts, as jenius said. Once official stock is confirmed by Bandai, then maybe they'll open it up again. Literally at about 11 pm last night my time, it wasn't even on the site. A few minutes later, I refreshed, and it appeared, but with the new title saying it was the May re-release, but out of stock still. A minuted later I refreshed again, and boom, in stock. That was about 11:06 pm. Then by the time I posted it here, it was out of stock. Blink and you missed it.

Edited by pud333

I don't know if they meant for it to be open or not, but it was open for ten minutes last night. I'm guessing it was just a few stock to grab some early converts, as jenius said. Once official stock is confirmed by Bandai, then maybe they'll open it up again. Literally at about 11 pm last night my time, it wasn't even on the site. A few minutes later, I refreshed, and it appeared, but with the new title saying it was the May re-release, but out of stock still. A minuted later I refreshed again, and boom, in stock. That was about 11:06 pm. Then by the time I posted it here, it was out of stock. Blink and you missed it.

I guess I'll have to keep a close eye on their website. I have yet to purchase anything from Ami Ami because everything is always out of stock, months before release. Is it just because Bandai produces so few toys, or Ami Ami carries only a small stock?

I find it ironic that it's been more difficult to secure one of these mass released items than the tamashii web exclusive stuff. I stalked 3-4 sites for weeks before I was able to get the pre-orders in for Alto and Ozma. I doubt I'll have the luck with YF-29, seeing how many scalpers are out there buying it purely for profit.

I used AE for my VF-25F and 25S - no problems at all - recommended.

I paid for the 29 a day after I put it in my cart at AE. Said I had 48 hours to pay. So I went back and paid for it but its not showing up anywhere in my account on their site. My moneys gone though.

Did you receive 2 emails from them, one for the order and one for the payment?

Amazon has the DX Chogokin YF-29 Durandal Valkyrie (Saotome Alto Custom) [JAPAN] listed for $800 US Dollars. Insane or accurate?

I was thinking of picking it up but at that price, How could I live with myself LOL! :wacko:

Thanks!

Amazon has the DX Chogokin YF-29 Durandal Valkyrie (Saotome Alto Custom) [JAPAN] listed for $800 US Dollars. Insane or accurate?

Insane, just like some eBay price. There are a few at mandrake for around 35000 yen if you really need one now.

Did you see the reissue going for $289?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bandai-DX-Chogokin-YF-29-Durandal-Valkyrie-Saotome-Alto-Custom-reissue-/160728966060?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256c3163ac

Still too expensive for my taste. I'm either grabbing it at retail or not at all.

Edited by funkymonkeyjavajunky

Insane, just like some eBay price. There are a few at mandrake for around 35000 yen if you really need one now.

Mandrake?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bandai-DX-Chogokin-YF-29-Durandal-Valkyrie-Saotome-Alto-Custom-reissue-/160728966060?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256c3163ac

Still too expensive for my taste. I'm either grabbing it at retail or not at all.

Thanks for the link FunkyMonkey!

Did you receive 2 emails from them, one for the order and one for the payment?

Yeah I got one for the order from AE and then one generated by paypal I guess for the payment.

Edit: well I just preordered the bleach Rangiku and 2 berserk Guts figures and paid and they're not showing up on my orders page either.

Edited by ErikElvis

Yeah I got one for the order from AE and then one generated by paypal I guess for the payment.

Oh in that case I got 3 mails - 2 from info@anime-export.com : "AE Anime-Export : Thank you for your Order N. xxxxx" and "AE Anime-Export : Payment for order n. xxxxx received thank you!" and 1 standard paypal receipt from paypal. You need to contact them now about your issue.

Even that's too expensive, considering the YF-29 will inevitably become a floppy mess in a few months after it is open.

Even that's too expensive, considering the YF-29 will inevitably become a floppy mess in a few months after it is open.

It hasn't yet, for me, at least after I tightened the joints anyway. Crossing fingers that it won't become my v.1 armored 25. That thing is almost hilarious in its "battle damage."

They're gonna reissue the super packs. When they first were available through proxy's, I don't think they cost more than 4200 yen or so. At least that's what Tokyo hunter charged. I'd wait instead of eBay.

If it hasn't been mentioned on hlj, you guys can be almost be certain HLJ will have it. They have a good relationship w/ Bandai, being they sell a ton of their stuff. I'm sure it's just a matter of confrimation of units before they put up the preorder for you guys.