Bandai DX Chogokin YF-29 Durandal Valkyrie

UN Spacy

Is it just me, or does the shield on this toy look really thick and also that it might open? I wonder if there is going to be some gimmick that the shield is hiding....it looks like Bandai might be trying to pull out all the stops with this one, I just wish it didnt cost so much...

Twich

Yeah, I was just thinking about pre-ordering one too. There will be more right?? I remember the 25's seemed like they didn't get more releases once they were sold out.

Chris

Not a big fan of the back mounted canyons. An addaptation of the Tornado pack would be better. Perhaps in a different color scheme.

I'm also wondering why Kawamori-san decided to leave the anti-glare section (in front of the canopy) of the nose white? it looks a little plain.

many but in the most the preorder closed but not reason to worry I have the feeling that we will find it in mass production the thing that surprise me is the people faith in this toy with only a few poor images especially after the design failure of the vf 25

hlj and amiami are sold out. where's another good place? any help? thanks.

Those are the only places I order from, but if there's another trustworthy place, that may be good as a backup. I'm really starting to like amiami, even though they are sold out of this toy, it's very possible that they'll restock.

ugh, why must it be pink/white?

I hope they make a cannon fodder color scheme like the VF-1 mass production type or something...

You may need to check your monitor's color settings. It's red/white. While I haven't seen the movie, I do hope they make a CF version as well, like a grey color or something. However, before I bite on getting more of these, I'm gonna thoroughly check the quality of this first one.

I'm sure my monitor is fine, I'm a marketing manager/graphic artist by trade B))

All I know is that when I compare it to the Macross kite at the top left of these forums, the VF-29 looks a little off when it comes to what's truly red. Even if it was blood red and white I still would have to paint it. I'm always biased to the more realistic paint schemes like the Moon Shooters VF-22 in my avatar.

But I'm with you on seeing about the quality of this one first. I had the movie version Alto custom and it was disappointing. The head wouldn't even stay up in batt mode.

I'm sure my monitor is fine, I'm a marketing manager/graphic artist by trade B))

All I know is that when I compare it to the Macross kite at the top left of these forums, the VF-29 looks a little off when it comes to what's truly red. Even if it was blood red and white I still would have to paint it. I'm always biased to the more realistic paint schemes like the Moon Shooters VF-22 in my avatar.

But I'm with you on seeing about the quality of this one first. I had the movie version Alto custom and it was disappointing. The head wouldn't even stay up in batt mode.

Definitely not pink. In the first few magazine scans the prototype was orange but the most recent scans are all a fairly dark and deep red.

pink 1 (pngk)

n.

1. Any of a group of colors reddish in hue, of medium to high lightness, and of low to moderate saturation.

I would say neither of the last two parts of the definition apply.

Edited by ATLMYK