Yamato Sale @ HLJ (Finally!)

BlueMax

:D

Dunno, I might be wrong, but I don't think the Mighty Block stands were a success for Yamato.

it wasnt a big hit coz i think its darn expensive..just for stand

if it will 50-70% off sale now thats a success we yamato fans would rejoice and hit the sales up :D:D

im just hoping you know

I bought the VF-22S Max yesterday. Always held off cause it was so expensive, but couldn't pass up with 50% off! Not sure if I'll get the Millia or the Gamlin, have to see how well I like Max and then wait for another sale.

For what it's worth, Millia is my favorite out of all three. Just something about the red they used for her, combined with the white highlights makes it look great to me. Gamlin's is cool as well, but he feels a bit plain since he only has yellow highlights around the engine and the grey areas blend in with the dark blue of his valk. More importantly he doesn't pair as well with Max :lol:.

I swore never to order from HLJ due to their crap service on damaged goods.

Glad I kept my oath. :D

I feel you, man. It took me over four months to get my Nora replaced, and that was after a whole dozen emails I had to send before I finally got a definitive answer. At first, they offered to send me replacement parts, which never reached me after three months of waiting. When I emailed them and asked for an update, they said they'd check with Yamato, and I had to wait another two weeks before again asking for an update. Only then did they tell me they couldn't find the parts for me, and asked me to send back the busted one for a replacement.

The customer support guy was pretty helpful, but the inherent red tape I had to cut through was a nightmare!

That said, I still buy from them, but only if the prices are cheaper than elsewhere (like in the recent Macross sale). More importantly, I'll never risk buying a potential lemon from them--one of the reasons why I stayed away from their VT-1 Super Ostrich, despite the discount and potential discontinuation. And if I had any interest in buying the Ivanov (which is out of stock, anyways), I no longer do, after the Nora incident.

Edited by GU-11

I know they do try hard but today after the FEDEX guy got into an argument with me I had to write to HLJ;

I know its not your fault and you will plead the 5th but Shipping is as much about service as the product you sell. And since your an online entity you depend more on word of mouth for your business so when word of mouth spreads over the collectors boards that will hurt your bottom line. My rant here is about shipping. I have asked numerous times about your boxes not to have the dam logo. I really could care less about a stupid logo on my box because all it will end up is in a landfill. Normally any purchase from an ebay vendor does not get charged customs fees and here in Canada its rather arbitrary to the point of it being sometimes 50% of the price of the product!!! I believe the LOGO is what tips off customs to go crazy. Now I dont know if you know but in Ontario Canada, we have taxes on top of taxes with a sprinkle of some more taxes. Now you gave me a discount on fedex shipping. And something I have learned a long time ago when I started importing collectibles is to never, NEVER use UPS or Fedex because 100% of the time even if the item is less than the $60 allowance, I get dinged! So today I paid 20 bucks for a 50 dollar item. With our GST/HST/PST it should be only $6bucks tax. So you do the math and you can see that at almost 50% tax rate is sheer bullshit. Again I know you will plead the 5th. But I know you strive to improve your business by improving customer satisfaction. I hope you use this as an informational tool in your promotions. I had made the mistake of being fooled with the $8 shipping discount with Fedex. I wont make that mistake again and will only, ONLY use EMS. I know you do your best but there is always room for improvement I hope you continue to pursue making your business the best it can be...

FYI

The GOVofCAN has not allowed UPS to compete with Canada Post as an alternative logistics Carrier.

Here is one comment in regards to this

"i know i hate UPS, whenever i get stuff sent to me with them i always get larger fees than other courier's I personaly use Canada Post/purolator"

Trust me the Same can be said for Fedfex!

Edited by Snail00

My 3rd order showed up :)

This time I only got:

1/60 VF-1S Roy TV version

1/60 VF-1S No Paint un assembled kit

Only took 3 days from Japan to Seattle.

I prefer using the Fed Ex option now as it is much faster

and it seems my packages don't look as bad upon arrival.

Edited by Loop

I feel you, man. It took me over four months to get my Nora replaced, and that was after a whole dozen emails I had to send before I finally got a definitive answer. At first, they offered to send me replacement parts, which never reached me after three months of waiting. When I emailed them and asked for an update, they said they'd check with Yamato, and I had to wait another two weeks before again asking for an update. Only then did they tell me they couldn't find the parts for me, and asked me to send back the busted one for a replacement.

The customer support guy was pretty helpful, but the inherent red tape I had to cut through was a nightmare!

That said, I still buy from them, but only if the prices are cheaper than elsewhere (like in the recent Macross sale). More importantly, I'll never risk buying a potential lemon from them--one of the reasons why I stayed away from their VT-1 Super Ostrich, despite the discount and potential discontinuation. And if I had any interest in buying the Ivanov (which is out of stock, anyways), I no longer do, after the Nora incident.

Oh god! I am dealing with them now about the missing piece on the arm of my 1/48 VF-1S Roy renewal version. I posted a pic of this a few pages back or so. It look like they are trying to get a replacement for me from Yamato, I already sent the scans and the pictures but have not heard back from them in a while. Since the hole in the arm is so unsightly I just put my Roy in the Urban camo to hide it for now.

I know they do try hard but today after the FEDEX guy got into an argument with me I had to write to HLJ;

I know its not your fault and you will plead the 5th but Shipping is as much about service as the product you sell. And since your an online entity you depend more on word of mouth for your business so when word of mouth spreads over the collectors boards that will hurt your bottom line. My rant here is about shipping. I have asked numerous times about your boxes not to have the dam logo. I really could care less about a stupid logo on my box because all it will end up is in a landfill. Normally any purchase from an ebay vendor does not get charged customs fees and here in Canada its rather arbitrary to the point of it being sometimes 50% of the price of the product!!! I believe the LOGO is what tips off customs to go crazy. Now I dont know if you know but in Ontario Canada, we have taxes on top of taxes with a sprinkle of some more taxes. Now you gave me a discount on fedex shipping. And something I have learned a long time ago when I started importing collectibles is to never, NEVER use UPS or Fedex because 100% of the time even if the item is less than the $60 allowance, I get dinged! So today I paid 20 bucks for a 50 dollar item. With our GST/HST/PST it should be only $6bucks tax. So you do the math and you can see that at almost 50% tax rate is sheer bullshit. Again I know you will plead the 5th. But I know you strive to improve your business by improving customer satisfaction. I hope you use this as an informational tool in your promotions. I had made the mistake of being fooled with the $8 shipping discount with Fedex. I wont make that mistake again and will only, ONLY use EMS. I know you do your best but there is always room for improvement I hope you continue to pursue making your business the best it can be...

Unfortunately, taxes, like Hockey, are synonymous wih being Canadian. It's a fact of life. I commend you giving them the details of our tax system (I'm in Vancouver), but I have little hope anything will come of it. A logo is a very important business tool. Establishing a logo and brand name takes years and lots of money, and it's not something businesses will readily give up. Even if it is just on the outside box. Surprisingly, I have only been dinged by customs once or twice, and I have bought from HLJ more often than I can remember. Both my big Valkyrie orders recently didn't get hit with anything and arrived safely. Actually, none of my valkyrie orders ever got hit with any extra taxes, and I've bought 6 valkyries in the past year. Maybe I've been fortunate. But whenever I order from BBTS, I always get slapped with taxes. Happens 8 out of 10 times. Drives me nuts. The BBTS tape all over the box is like a lightning magnet for customs officials. Alas, it is the price you pay for being Canadian and ordering overseas. You pay, and pay, and pay, and pay... :wacko: And I never use Fedex or EMS unless it's the rare occasion when EMS is cheaper than SAL. Since we have a port here in Vancouver, EMS and SAL reach me at about the same time, give or take a day or two.

Edited by pud333

Got my shipment just in time for Xmas! :D

IMG_5902.jpg

Nice Dyno, The only thing I regret out of all 3 purchases this time around is that I let the VF-1A brownie get away :(

They were out of stock when I ordered the last 2 times. They were in stock though on the first order I placed, but let it slide.

Nice. I want a VF-11C. :(

The VF-11C is really sweet, you should try to secure one, you will love it.

Unfortunately, taxes, like Hockey, are synonymous wih being Canadian. It's a fact of life. I commend you giving them the details of our tax system (I'm in Vancouver), but I have little hope anything will come of it. A logo is a very important business tool. Establishing a logo and brand name takes years and lots of money, and it's not something businesses will readily give up. Even if it is just on the outside box. Surprisingly, I have only been dinged by customs once or twice, and I have bought from HLJ more often than I can remember. Both my big Valkyrie orders recently didn't get hit with anything and arrived safely. Actually, none of my valkyrie orders ever got hit with any extra taxes, and I've bought 6 valkyries in the past year. Maybe I've been fortunate. But whenever I order from BBTS, I always get slapped with taxes. Happens 8 out of 10 times. Drives me nuts. The BBTS tape all over the box is like a lightning magnet for customs officials. Alas, it is the price you pay for being Canadian and ordering overseas. You pay, and pay, and pay, and pay... :wacko: And I never use Fedex or EMS unless it's the rare occasion when EMS is cheaper than SAL. Since we have a port here in Vancouver, EMS and SAL reach me at about the same time, give or take a day or two.

I am in Seattle, maybe I should start a toy smuggling ring so you guys don't have to pay so damn much :p

FYI

The GOVofCAN has not allowed UPS to compete with Canada Post as an alternative logistics Carrier.

"i know i hate UPS, whenever i get stuff sent to me with them i always get larger fees than other courier's I personaly use Canada Post/purolator"

Yup, had to pay $30 to the FedEx dude for my delivered VF-11C here in Vancouver. The bill stated that the toy was 13,651Y... yes those mofo's charged me tax and duty on the total cost (toy + shipping). What's worse is that tax (12%) on $149 (CDN converted on the toy price only) should only be $18. With EMS, Canada Post only does random checks of items over say $100-$150 CDN (1 out of 10 times). Meaning I had a 10% chance of paying $18 via EMS vs. 100% chance of paying $30 via FedEx. Ironically, I was to save $18 in 50% off FedEx over EMS. But I ended up paying $12 more ($30-$18) in the end. I did stand a 10% chance of paying $6 ($18-$12) more via EMS had I been the unlucky recipient of a duty check by Canada Post, but I would have gladly taken the 10-to-1 odds for $6 to save $12. Sorry if that was confusing... but the just of all is that was I will never-ever use FedEx or UPS again!!!

Nice Dyno, The only thing I regret out of all 3 purchases this time around is that I let the VF-1A brownie get away :(

They were out of stock when I ordered the last 2 times. They were in stock though on the first order I placed, but let it slide.

I am in Seattle, maybe I should start a toy smuggling ring so you guys don't have to pay so damn much :p

Hey, I'd gladly make the 2 hr drive if it means saving some $$$. :p

Edited by D_Unit

lol. That would be cool. I go to Seattle all the time! I love going to the States to buy toys because it's so much cheaper and selection is way better since we don't have places like Target (Zellers doesn't count, since they don't carry everything Target does). Even our Walmarts aren't as good. My girlfriend goes to the outlet malls, and I go hit the toy stores. It's a win-win. As for the VF-11C, I only remembered that after I had paid for my VF-1s. Ah well. Maybe next time.

Sorry if that was confusing... but the just of all is that was I will never-ever use FedEx or UPS again!!!

That was confusing. :lol::blink:

Edited by pud333

Well I got a positive response from HLJ. It seems I am not the only one getting dinged because of the logos on their box. They are now considering either getting rid of the logo which is an unnecessary cost. Marketing should not be a factor in logistics. The Online image should be tho. Or they will give the buyer the option. In all in all the fact they considered the customers concerns still rates a 5/5 with me in terms of online retailers.

Oh god! I am dealing with them now about the missing piece on the arm of my 1/48 VF-1S Roy renewal version. I posted a pic of this a few pages back or so. It look like they are trying to get a replacement for me from Yamato, I already sent the scans and the pictures but have not heard back from them in a while. Since the hole in the arm is so unsightly I just put my Roy in the Urban camo to hide it for now.

IMO, part of the problem lies with the availability of replacement parts from Yamato. HLJ is only in charge of getting the parts from Yamato before shipping it to you.

It also depends on which customer support guy takes up your case. Some are noticeably more helpful than others, and reply more frequently.

i didn't even get into this sale... sheryl koenig sp was my last dash before the chrissy break, i would have loved to have got Max 22 with half price shipn....

You sould get Max's VF-22S, great valk. no Qc issues and a very good paint scheme ;)

Max's VF-22S is great and all but it's hardly QC free.

According to AmiAmi I'm not the only one that's had issues.

That sucks!!! I have two Max VF-22's with no QC issues at all. Got my second Max last week cause I couldn't resist HLJ sale :)

well for me i really dont have much money to spend but i really like the Macross toy series thats why i intend to wait until they drop theyre prices....or wait till someone sells theyre valks.....and true theres no way we can tell if these things will be put on sale since this are collectibles.....but on some occasions people do tend to picky specially if they kept hearing QC issues and stuff :rolleyes:

One thing working in your favor to wait is that the 1/3000 SDF-1 is a relatively high priced item. The higher priced items tend to hang around longer than something that is more moderate in price. However, it is something that a lot of people have been hoping and waiting for, so you never know. Then again, some people may prefer a TV version, so they may decide to wait and not decide to buy the DRYL version. It also depends on how many Yamato actually produced. My gut tells me that it may be worth while to wait and see if there is any kind of sale.

I was planning on getting the 1/3000 SDF-1 as I had it on pre-order. But, then I saw the Macross Quarter go on sale for 50% off and 50% off shipping. It was too good of a deal to pass up as it was something I had wanted since it first came out. On the one hand I'm glad I got it on sale because I see that the sale is over and it's back up to regular pricing. On the other hand I don't have enough money in the budget to get the 1/3000 SDF-1. I'm gambling that it will be available at the time I save up enough money again.

FYI

Sounds like you should be more pissed at the Canadian govt than with the carriers. It sucks any way you slice it though. :(

One thing working in your favor to wait is that the 1/3000 SDF-1 is a relatively high priced item. The higher priced items tend to hang around longer than something that is more moderate in price. However, it is something that a lot of people have been hoping and waiting for, so you never know. Then again, some people may prefer a TV version, so they may decide to wait and not decide to buy the DRYL version. It also depends on how many Yamato actually produced. My gut tells me that it may be worth while to wait and see if there is any kind of sale.

I was planning on getting the 1/3000 SDF-1 as I had it on pre-order. But, then I saw the Macross Quarter go on sale for 50% off and 50% off shipping. It was too good of a deal to pass up as it was something I had wanted since it first came out. On the one hand I'm glad I got it on sale because I see that the sale is over and it's back up to regular pricing. On the other hand I don't have enough money in the budget to get the 1/3000 SDF-1. I'm gambling that it will be available at the time I save up enough money again.

That pissed me off immensely. Thats why when I saw the Yammy SDF 1 I decided by the pics and comparison to the Quarter IM going to pass unless I see it on discount. I really like my WAVE Version and I think Bandai will followup with their own SOC version of the SDF. Now if it was the TV version Im all in!

Yes the Gooobermant sucks but its also the box and carrier that tips them off. HLJ response to me was very Very positive and they said they are playing with the idea of giving buyers the option to chose marked/unmarked boxes

Either way I have promised my wife and my dad that this year I was going to take a break from collecting. I still have some pre-orders due at HLJ and BBTS but after I get the PG Strike thats it for a 1 year. I am going to go back to school and concentrate on starting my business and webpage. Time to grow up in some sense

Hey when you get your renewal version, can you leave a comment on quality?

Mine is missing one of the vernier thrusters and when I pulled out of the box there was a massive gap on the left side

where the body and the intake are supposed to come together and would not hold together properly and wants to pop

apart.

I like the YF-21/VF-22S. If looking for something from the Zero line try the VF-0S re issue. I have the old issue VF-0A/VF-0S with ghost booster combos so I am not sure how the QC is on the new VF-0x's

I got my renewal 1/48 VF-1S today. As far as I can tell it is okay, it does not have the problems you mentioned. Haven't completely transformed it yet (lack of time), so other issues may arise later.

I like the new packaging, saves alot of shipping cost, but it has no flap which is a shame for a figure in this price range. Savings are nice for the Yamato but not for me.

got my package before xmas but to my surprise i still have to pay an extra $19 from Fedex.....theres goes the 50% discount..... :angry:

That's what's called a "Merry Fedex Christmas." :p

Edited by pud333

Just got my 1/60 v.2 VF-1A Max DYRL type (the one without the Super/Strike Parts)

There's something I noticed with mine. It doesn't have the tinted canopy (yes, mine's clear) and it has the newer crotch similar to that of the 1/48 and other more recent 1/60 v.2.

My package just showed up

VF-0S 30% off

Ghost booster 30% off

Nora SV-51 60% off

Shipped via EMS.

Thanks to God, taxes free :lol: . This one is my bigest order from HLJ till today.

Edited by Froy