Yamato Sale @ HLJ (Finally!)

BlueMax

As above. Just thought i share this in the toy forum, since there is way more traffic here than the "correct" where-to-buy-Macross sub-forum

HLJ Yamato SALE!!

Some items are going at good prices, like the Roy VF-1S TV edition, all the VF-22s at 50% and slightly OT: the 1/24 Ingram Alphonse is at 50% and the CLAT version is an amazing 65% off.

Happy buying!

Edited by BlueMax

Feeling really foolish right now. If I'd held back on buying the YF-19 for a couple of months, I'd only have to pay half the price of what paid for the one I bought. Then again, there's no way of knowing when HLJ might suddenly announce a sale. Hindsight's always 20/20.

At least I got a pretty sweet deal on the TV Kakizaki I bought from AmiAmi.

Maybe I'll get the stand and Ghost booster if they're on sale too.

Don't forget they have 50% off FedEx shipping right now too, some serious savings to be had. Didn't want that CLAT Ingram, but for just $100 it's hard to resist, not to mention the deep discounts on the 1/60 VF-1s with Strike parts.

more like $150... ugh. I want but I don't have any cash on hand right now... :(

Well, I'd managed to resist getting a DYRL Max or Kaki until now, but 40% off is too tempting. Picked up a 1/48 Hasegawa VF-1S kit too. Probably didn't need to get the strike versions, but oh well, now I can have the full skull squad displayed together properly.. provided I can find the space to do it. :p

Sad how much the dollar has fallen to the yen though, even with 40% off they were about $90 a piece. A plain non-strike 1/60 now normally goes for nearly much as I paid for my early super Hikaru 1A. :(

Edited by Chronocidal

Just got the following items for myself and on behalf of a friend... wallets gonna be very dry... :ph34r:

KDK15319 Macross The First #01 1 560

KDK15527 Macross The First #02 1 560

YMT00185 VF-1S No Paint Kit 1 4060

YMT00195 VF-1S TV Version Transfor 1 5880

YMT00208 VF-1A Kakizaki w/ Super & 1 7680

YMT00209 VF-1A M. Jenius w/ Super & 1 7680

I have a friend in HK right now, hopefully the recent re-run of the Super and Strike packs are available there and at a good price! :)

anybody know if the Max 1A TV that's on sale is the new one w/ updated crotch, canopy etc.?

I wouldn't bet on it being the new version. I got my Max 1A quite a while after the new crotch design was introduced, and it was still the old version. Likewise, I would assume the canopy probably still has the coating, since I think only the newest releases have been confirmed to not have it.

Actually, the canopy thing might bug me a bit.. I'd kind of rather have the coating on all of them so they match, but my DYRL Max and Kakizaki 1As will both have the uncoated version.

I wouldn't bet on it being the new version. I got my Max 1A quite a while after the new crotch design was introduced, and it was still the old version. Likewise, I would assume the canopy probably still has the coating, since I think only the newest releases have been confirmed to not have it.

Actually, the canopy thing might bug me a bit.. I'd kind of rather have the coating on all of them so they match, but my DYRL Max and Kakizaki 1As will both have the uncoated version.

i remember somebody mentioned that the re-issue VF-1A Max, CF and Kaki had the new crotch and clear canopy. i had planned to have my friend in HK get the 1A Max for me but these re-issues were apparently for sale in Japan only (kinda like an exclusive re-release... this was told to me by the shop owner in HK who imports Yamato valks)... but this year HLJ started to sell these Japan only exclusives, so i'm kinda guessing that these re-stocks of theirs could be the ones w/ the updates.

Unless you have another preference or already own it, or if you can have only 1 of those to represent the Y/VF-21/22 series, get the Gamlin version. At 55% off compared to max 50% for the rest, the choice should be pretty clear.

Feeling really foolish right now. If I'd held back on buying the YF-19 for a couple of months, I'd only have to pay half the price of what paid for the one I bought. Then again, there's no way of knowing when HLJ might suddenly announce a sale. Hindsight's always 20/20.

At least I got a pretty sweet deal on the TV Kakizaki I bought from AmiAmi.

Maybe I'll get the stand and Ghost booster if they're on sale too.

Well, at least you had it for a few months to enjoy it before the price dropped ^_^

I just picked up a VF-1A 1/60 Max and Kakizaki to help build my Skull squad. also got a TV Roy since my other Roy has been played with a bit too much so wanted one mint (can't believe you can get one of these for cheaper than HLJ is selling the hi metal for - albeit sans fastpacks). Most of this will be paid for by stuff I am selling, so it worked out well for me. I still want to pick up a VF-1A Hikaru, but I still think all their shoulders are still messed...

Edited by pud333

Well, at least you had it for a few months to enjoy it before the price dropped ^_^

I just picked up a VF-1A 1/60 Max and Kakizaki to help build my Skull squad. also got a TV Roy since my other Roy has been played with a bit too much so wanted one mint (can't believe you can get one of these for cheaper than HLJ is selling the hi metal for - albeit sans fastpacks). Most of this will be paid for by stuff I am selling, so it worked out well for me. I still want to pick up a VF-1A Hikaru, but I still think all their shoulders are still messed...

Heheh, that's true. I'm pretty much a YF-19 fanatic, and I doubt I would have gotten much sleep waiting for those few months with the -19 constantly in my mind. :lol:

I'm also in the market for a nice VF-1A Hikaru or a VF-1S DYRL Hikaru to pose along with my 1/60 Hikki figure, but the thing about the shoulders makes me a little hesitant to take the plunge. Maybe I'll settle for the Hasegawa 1/48 model kit. If anything, I prefer to pose my Macross statues/figurines with the VF's in fighter mode and mounted on stands.

I'm also in the market for a nice VF-1A Hikaru or a VF-1S DYRL Hikaru to pose along with my 1/60 Hikki figure, but the thing about the shoulders makes me a little hesitant to take the plunge. Maybe I'll settle for the Hasegawa 1/48 model kit. If anything, I prefer to pose my Macross statues/figurines with the VF's in fighter mode and mounted on stands.

I'm the kind of guy that doesn't mind having to pay for something to get it right now, instead of six months later. That being said, I had been waiting for HLJ to put on a sale like this so I could buy a whole bunch at once.

I still haven't heard if the VF-1A Hikarus are safe yet. Amiami has some listed saying they were released late August 2010, so I sent them an email asking if they knew if the toys had safe shoulders, and this was their response:

Thank you for your mail. We are, unfortunately, unable to provide information that specific with regards to this item - Yamato has not provided that type of detailed information to our store. There are a number of updated versions and small changes/adjustments made within the Yamato Macross line, and as such we strongly recommend that customers looking to purchase a specific release of the model do so in person where they can examine the item in detail. Our store is unfortunately unable to guarantee the specific jointing types/paint finishes of the items in that line.

Needless to say, I will avoid those until someone reports something definitive about the shoulders being good. Even though I probably won't transform him much, I don't want to pay for a broken toy.

Still expensive with the shipping.

Alas, that is the unfortunate price we North American collectors must pay for such beautiful toys. My only alternative is paying bloated prices at the local import hobby shops, which are priced so high it is more than regular price plus shipping, so no thank you. I always just chose the slowest, cheapest method. Since I live in city where all shipments hit the ports here, I find it makes no difference in how long I have to wait.

Edited by pud333

dayam you guys for posting this. Wife is gonna kill me for how much i just spent ordering stuff i never got. Just picked up the following:

1/48 VF-J weathering

VF-22 Max

VF-22 Milia

GNU parts for YF -19 and YF-22

1/1 scale Roy Helmet

I placed the order, but i hate how they don't show you how much the shipping is going to cost. Last order for a LONG while.... well... until the SDF-1 comes out...haha

I'm the kind of guy that doesn't mind having to pay for something to get it right now, instead of six months later. That being said, I had been waiting for HLJ to put on a sale like this so I could buy a whole bunch at once.

I still haven't heard if the VF-1A Hikarus are safe yet. Amiami has some listed saying they were released late August 2010, so I sent them an email asking if they knew if the toys had safe shoulders, and this was their response:

Thank you for your mail. We are, unfortunately, unable to provide information that specific with regards to this item - Yamato has not provided that type of detailed information to our store. There are a number of updated versions and small changes/adjustments made within the Yamato Macross line, and as such we strongly recommend that customers looking to purchase a specific release of the model do so in person where they can examine the item in detail. Our store is unfortunately unable to guarantee the specific jointing types/paint finishes of the items in that line.

Needless to say, I will avoid those until someone reports something definitive about the shoulders being good. Even though I probably won't transform him much, I don't want to pay for a broken toy.

Well, that's pretty much a sign we should stay away from the VF-1 Hikaru for now.

Man, it sucks that only the blue version of the Macross display stand is on sale, and not much of a discount, either. That purplish hue of blue just ain't my thing. I think I'll wait for the original color or black version to go on sale before picking one of those up for my YF-19.

BTW, what happened to the Ghost booster sale? It was on backorder sale at discount a few days ago--...well, it's still on backorder, but it's no longer on sale. I thought the sale lasted until the 24th?

At least AmiAmi's still got it on backorder at 17% discount. Better than nothing.

OMG, I was just about to head out with my friends when I read this. I didn't notice the Yamato sale at all (it was just a little link on their site). Got my drunk little fingers straight enough to place my orders though. This is totally insane (especially with the FedEx shipping)!!!

I just bought VF-22 Max with fedex!!..

I feel like such an idiot!!!

I don,t have the money to pay for it..but I,ll probably never see these prices again!!!.

VF-22 Max will either sell out with the sale..OR..once sale ends .price goes up!!

...that,s how I,ll delude myself..I should sleep well tonight.