Yamato Sale @ HLJ (Finally!)

BlueMax

I was going back and forth between a TV Roy VF-1S or Milia's VF-22S. Ended up going with Roy since it was cheaper than the 22S, I don't have any regular 1/60 VF-1s, and it goes well with the VF-1D. Still went with SAL shipping since I'm in no particular rush to get it and would rather save as much money as possible. Comes out to be a little over $90 with shipping calculated in. Not bad at all.

BTW, what happened to the Ghost booster sale? It was on backorder sale at discount a few days ago--...well, it's still on backorder, but it's no longer on sale. I thought the sale lasted until the 24th?

That is why way with this kind of sales: You snooze, you loose. The sale runs til the 24th. After that ALL items go back to their normal prices. In the meantime, whatever stocks they have depleted, they will pull it out from the sale. That was what happened last year, or any other sale without those specific counters that says "XX (number) left"

So for those who still want the TV Roy and are still on the fence, I think you might want to order ASAP. I think it will go the same way with the Ghost Booster. In fact I am surprised it hasn't been pulled from the sale yet.

Too bad I relocated back to Califronia and already spending my savings from the last few years buying furniture and stuff I can probably get something for myself once my hardcore spending ends with the installation of my home theater system in a few more weeks. :(

So for those who still want the TV Roy and are still on the fence, I think you might want to order ASAP. I think it will go the same way with the Ghost Booster. In fact I am surprised it hasn't been pulled from the sale yet.

This is what I thought. Which is why I went back and added him to my order last night. That price is just too good.

That is why way with this kind of sales: You snooze, you loose. The sale runs til the 24th. After that ALL items go back to their normal prices. In the meantime, whatever stocks they have depleted, they will pull it out from the sale. That was what happened last year, or any other sale without those specific counters that says "XX (number) left"

Meh, I just preordered the Ghost Booster on AmiAmi. 17% off is better than nothing at all.

It sucks but gotta wait till I get back home before I buy anything.

Hopefully Ill be ther next week.

I have got to finish the Vermillion squad got Max and Hikaru need Roy and Kakizaki.

I've got Skull squad in 1/48s so I'm good there.

But the pressure is on with this sale so tempted to snach up other items but need to focus.

Curse you HLJ for hitting below the belt. . . . . :D

But noone ever said Macross was a controlable force of hobby power. . . . . . . AARRRGHHHHH!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

just ordered a Max 1A TV version after confirming with HLJ that it's canopy is clear and has the new crotch. Convinced the wife to give me this for x-mas :D. Wish i could buy more but i'm saving for some other stuff and our vacation trip to JP next year.

this will probably be my one and only VF-1A since i'm not very fond of the 1A head design and the VF-X is just too rich for my blood... and i really hate paying jacked up prices for exclusives.

just ordered a Max 1A TV version after confirming with HLJ that it's canopy is clear and has the new crotch. Convinced the wife to give me this for x-mas :D. Wish i could buy more but i'm saving for some other stuff and our vacation trip to JP next year.

this will probably be my one and only VF-1A since i'm not very fond of the 1A head design and the VF-X is just too rich for my blood... and i really hate paying jacked up prices for exclusives.

Pare the Max 1A kicks ass. I grew fond of the paint scheme. This is the 1st valk Max impressed audiences with and the one where he not only became an ace, but also defeated Milia(and saved his crewmates). Sure his 1J has all the flash, but his 1A is more combat relevant.

Pare the Max 1A kicks ass. I grew fond of the paint scheme. This is the 1st valk Max impressed audiences with and the one where he not only became an ace, but also defeated Milia(and saved his crewmates). Sure his 1J has all the flash, but his 1A is more combat relevant.

yeah, i know, man :)... that's why i feel so compelled to get one even if i'm not too fond of the 1A head. I really wanted the re-issue and I was supposed to get this a good while back... but i was informed that the recent 1A re-issues were for sale only in Japan. I was just waiting for HLJ to put it on sale. I'm kinda curious now if HLJ will get stocks of the VF-X or the AB.

Basically if the exclusives are Macross Chronicle exclusives, like the 1/48 Max and Kakizaki TV 1As, HLJ is not likely to get them. As far as I know bothe the VF-X and AB are both Chronicle exclusives.

Seems to me whatever tie-up HLJ and Yamato has so far are only for the Yamato web exclusives, like some of the weathered versions, the VF-1S unassembled valk, the 1/60 regult and 1/2000 SDF-1

Edited by BlueMax

This sale saved me alot of money with the 50% off Fed Ex and the prices on the items I ordered. My first order I got:

1/48 VF-1S Roy Focker Package renewal version

1/60 VF-22S Max

1/60 VF-22S Milia

GNU VF-1S with stand (Gift for son)

GNU VF-1J with stand (Gift for other son)

1/8 Scale Alter Momohime figure (Gift for wife)

And since I could not go with out the rest of the Mac 7 valks I placed a second order

1/60 VF-22S Gamrin and a 1/60 VF-11C

The first order was placed Dec 2nd and it arrived today (Dec 6th) :lol:

Shipping was extremely fast.

I was going to get around to getting all these anyways, so I figured I should go with the gusto and save a bunch of money at the same time.

Edited by Loop

I was on the fence for days trying to decide if I should take advantage of this sale. In the end the 50% off for FedEx tipped the scale and I finally took the plunge and ordered the entire Vermillion Squadron in one fell swoop. This marks my initiation into the world of the 1/60 VF-1 V2; I've resisted the temptation to buy this line since they debuted, but 40% off on each bird plus the shipping discount were too much to fight... damn my weakness for Yamato VFs, but between kicking myself for spending the moolah and kicking myself for missing what could be a one time opportunity to score this deal I figured what the hell...

And since I was at it I purchased a 1/72 Regult, a 1/200 Monster, and a 1/700-ish EDF Cruiser kit. B))

The hangover from this little spending spree is going to have me reeling for a while, but I'm stocked to get this loot regardless. :wacko::D

You make really good point. . . :lol:

That line of thought led me to buy both his TV 1A and his DYRL 1S.

All for the fact those were the birds fought hardest in and took on Millia in.

I just knew the pairing would look nice in my case, and it does. :D

I was on the fence for days trying to decide if I should take advantage of this sale. In the end the 50% off for FedEx tipped the scale and I finally took the plunge and ordered the entire Vermillion Squadron in one fell swoop. This marks my initiation into the world of the 1/60 VF-1 V2; I've resisted the temptation to buy this line since they debuted, but 40% off on each bird plus the shipping discount were too much to fight... damn my weakness for Yamato VFs, but between kicking myself for spending the moolah and kicking myself for missing what could be a one time opportunity to score this deal I figured what the hell...

Props to you for holding out this long, but don't let them suck you in now. That group of three is a nice set to have. I've gotten 14 of the things now over the past year (12 regular releases, and 2 unpainted kits). I haven't been aiming for completion, but I'm getting pretty close, and I'm running out of room, since I like to keep the boxes to store them when they're not on display.

I am glad I decided to grab Max's DYRL 1A though, instead of his 1S, now that I think of it. I almost forgot about the two spare 1S heads the kits provided me with, so I can easily swap them around if I feel like it. Heck, I could even do a crazy what-if, and give Kakizaki one while I'm at it. :lol: A fully Strike-1S equipped DYRL Skull Squadron would be kind of amusing to display.

Damn, in the end, I got nothing out of the sale.

Already bought the YF-19 renewal package two months ago (measly 25% off), missed the 40% backorder sale on the Ghost Booster (settled for the 17% off in AmiAmi), and bought the original color Macross Display Stand at full price (really need a stand for my new YF-19, but couldn't stand the gaudy purplish blue version that was on discount).

Meh, poo happens.

Props to you for holding out this long, but don't let them suck you in now. That group of three is a nice set to have. I've gotten 14 of the things now over the past year (12 regular releases, and 2 unpainted kits). I haven't been aiming for completion, but I'm getting pretty close, and I'm running out of room, since I like to keep the boxes to store them when they're not on display.

I am glad I decided to grab Max's DYRL 1A though, instead of his 1S, now that I think of it. I almost forgot about the two spare 1S heads the kits provided me with, so I can easily swap them around if I feel like it. Heck, I could even do a crazy what-if, and give Kakizaki one while I'm at it. :lol: A fully Strike-1S equipped DYRL Skull Squadron would be kind of amusing to display.

The unpainted 1S is white, while your DYRL Max 1A is grey... So you can't really swap it without noticing the difference... :o

Picked up GN-U limited coloring version VF-11B, YF-19, YF-21 and fast packs (except for the 11B; sold out!)

I really enjoy the GN-Us so I'm happy to have these for the holidays.

Wish I could purchase more but my toy budget isn't what it should be (yet).

I ordered my VF-22S Max with fedex a few days ago:

9,400 yen

4,732 yen -fedex

=14,132 yen

Yikes I didn,t think it,d be that much!!(does that sound right,international to Australia?}

The 50% off fedex applies if you order between 9am-6pm japan stantard time.

That,ll teach me to order at 2am stoned!!

9,400 yen

4,732 yen -fedex

=14,132 yen

Yikes I didn,t think it,d be that much!!(does that sound right,international to Australia?}

Place an order or orders for any in-stock and shippable items between 9am December 1 and 6pm December 15, 2010 (Japan Standard Time; GMT+9).

Got me 1/60 VF-22S Gamrin and Fold Booster & Fast Pack. Fast pack should fit VF-22S Gamrin right? If anyone have pics, I like to see what it looks like with the gray fast pack on VF-22S Gamrin. Thanks.

only the arm components of the FPs will fit. the belly-plate FPs won't. the fold-booster will fit also.

@troyness - you could email hlj and ask about the total if they indeed gave you the fedex 50% off before paying...

9,400 yen

4,732 yen -fedex

=14,132 yen

That does seem too high; but then, I don't know what FedEx's rates to Australia are. Are you sure you specifically selected FedEx and not EMS by mistake?

I just received their payment request and my shipping quote to the East coast, USA for 6 items in total was roughly 3/4 your cost:

Â¥22,240 - total merchandise

Â¥ 3,298 - S&H via FedEx (that's taking into account the weight and box requirements of 3 1/60 VF-1 V2s and some kits)

Â¥25,538 - grand total

Check your email records for one labled HLJ Order Acknowledgment... that will tell you what shipping method you selected (all subsequent correspondence is non-specific). If anything other then FedEx, contact them to request a requote with the correct carrier.

Edited by mechaninac

That's a bummer. I was hoping the belly-plate would fit. I just don't want to buy YF-21 to use it. Why the hell did Yamato have to that? :angry:

Well, the reason really lies with the design itself rather than Yamato.

Apparently, the VF-22S is supposed to incorporate FAST pack elements in its overall design, thus doing away with the need for FAST packs at all. In other words, the -22S's belly plates come built-in with the necessary extra ammo and micro-missiles that are usually stored in a FAST pack. Also, the gunpods are stored inside the plates instead of outside.

In short: the belly plates on the VF-22S was designed to look and function differently, and the whole idea was to do away with FAST packs altogether.

Trivia: While technically Yamato could have been able to design the plates so that the gunpods could be stowed inside, they didn't for various reasons--could either be budget, technical difficulties, or that it would screw up the transformation. Or maybe they just didn't care. Who knows?