Yamato Sale @ HLJ (Finally!)

BlueMax

Just got my 1/60 v.2 VF-1A Max DYRL type (the one without the Super/Strike Parts)

There's something I noticed with mine. It doesn't have the tinted canopy (yes, mine's clear) and it has the newer crotch similar to that of the 1/48 and other more recent 1/60 v.2.

I have the one with the super parts and it also has the clear canopy and new crotch. Same with the Kakizaki, and hopefully, the Hikaru if they ever get around to re-releasing it.

The 3 I purchased (VF-1A Max TV, VF-1A Kakizaki TV, and VF-1J Hikaru) all have clear canopies as well and, I assume (these are my first V2s), the latest crotch and shoulder designs, for which I'm glad as it means I've avoided the reported pitfalls of the earlier releases. Although the soap bubble tint was a neat effect, having a clear canopy means there is one less thing to be a potential problem and allows for the VF-1 to better blend with the other 1/60 VFs, and it makes my VF-11B stand out as a singularly unique specimen... IMO, Kawamori San's most elegant design.

finally got my Roy TV 1S and Max TV 1A... i just love how the new crotch minimizes the collar sticking out... i think i'm now done with the VF-1. bring on the VF-19s and VF-17s.

EDIT - i wish Yamato had made the visors for all the newer VF-1s the same brighter green like on the Roy TV 1S. that's probably the remaining nitpick i have with these v.2s.

Edited by m0n5t3r

yipee! I got the first of my orders today... big box sitting here at work..containing the VF-11C, YF-19 and Fold Set for YF-19 and YF-21. Rest of order stuff yet to be shipped...

That's exactly the same order I got the other day. While I'm very happy with the VF-11C, the YF-19 "renewal" was disappointingly loose :(

The arms couldn't hold a pose by themselves, even less with a gunpod in hand. The tail fins were floppy in fighter mode, the knees couldn't hold a A stance pose without spinning around, and I believe every single articulation and hinge (except the ratcheted ones) was completely loose on the one I got. After that I almost expected to find the crooked gunpod stowing problem...

Some superglue and lots of patience fixed all these problems though