Graham

Some things i don't understand, does this mean YF-25 is participating in the race?

All this time i thought VF-19ACTIVE is the one being used for EX-Gear development, but then came up YF-25 already equipped with EX-Gear.

Or perhaps the EX-Gear in YF-25 is still being perfected, hence the name control test?

Just wondering.

The description for the YF-25 does not say it is participating in the race. The VF-19ACTIVE also isn't "testing" EX-Gear. While there are substantial implications for its use in an actual VF, EX-Gear's role in the VF-19ACTIVE isn't "testing". The profile for the YF-25 says it is the one that's doing the actual testing. Chelsea, being part of SMS and SMS sneaking in some "testing" into its planes, equipped her racing vehicle, the VF-19ACTIVE, with some original modifications, like EX-Gear. The VF-19EF is also doing data collection for the EX-Gear system.

• 2 weeks later...

Wikipedia JAPANESE VF-4 Lightning III SL update because of DengeKi Hobby May 2011,CLUB-M rejin kit SL type !

Wikipedia JAPANESE (VF-4 Lightning III SL)

VF-4SL

エンジンを 新中州/ P&W /ロールス・ロイス plc 製 FF-2011 熱核タービン(宇宙空間最大推力165KN×2。チューンナップにより出力20%向上)、その他 P&W 製高機動バーニアスラスターHMM-1A、スラスト・リバーサー、3D機動ノズルを装備し、防御用兵装として「エネルギー転換装甲SWAGシステム」一式を搭載。

ライトニングⅢの大気圏内仕様であるS型の腕部と一部変形機構をオミットし、対艦攻撃・邀撃機に特化した仕様で“VF-4軽装型”と呼ばれることもある。

バトロイドへの変形は行なえず、腕のないガウォークにのみ変形が可能。

統合軍の移民船団護衛部隊で愛された同機のほとんどは、VF-11 サンダーボルト、VF-14 ヴァンパイアへの機種転換によって民間に払い下げられており、この機体でオストリッチ・レースのように腕部を必要としないレースなどに参戦している姿を、今でも見ることができる。

VF-4SL (English tranlation)

The FF -2011 ( "FF-2001 successer") Thermo-nuclear Fusion-Plasma Air-Reaction mass Intermix turbofan-engine (outer space Maximum-thrust 165KN x 2,with output 20% improvement by the tune-up) ,the engine development and production from "SHIN-NAKASU"(old " NAKAJIMA Aircraft-plane & Engines ")/ P&W / Rolls-Royce plc.

The P&W High-maneuverability vernier thruster HMM-1A, thrust-reverser , 3-Dimension Vectered-nozzle, and it is equipped with one set of "Energy converter armor SWAG system" as Diffense-arnament improvement.

They omitted arms region and the part of,especially "Hand and forearm unit" from transformation mechanism of the "S-type" which is specifications in the atmosphere of Lightning III and may be called " VF-4 Light dressed type " with the specifications that they specialized in an Anti-warship attack / Intercepter or ambush airplane.

As for the transformation to Battroid, transformation is possible only in "forearms and manipulator-hand less " Gerwalk (in other words "Fighter-Gerwalk") which can perform it.

The most of the plane loved in "The emigrant fleet guards" military unit of United Nations AirForce (U.N.Airforce or U.N.Spacy Atmosphere branch) Command are disposed of in the private enterprise by " VF-11 B/C thunderbolt ", the model switch to " VF-14 vampire "(variant type " VA-14 Hunter ") and can still watch a figure participating in the races that do not need arm region like an "ostrich race" with this body.

d732634168409d54.gif

68a2df825049e796.gif

Edited by yui1107

SVR-1 Voyeur / SVT-1 Vixen @

AV-11D BRONCO II

Northrop Grumman Corporation & Arumon YVF-14A Tigercat

„M„y„C - 29 „q„y„ƒ -„L„p„ƒ„„„€„‰„{„p „q„y„ƒ

Thanks for posting, but what do any of these have to do with Macross the Ride? Those are all Robotech designs.

VF-9E

ゼネラル・ギャラクシー社が2020年代に開発した可変軽戦闘機。

E型は VF-22S シュトゥルムフォーゲル II と同等のエンジンであるRR熱核反応バーストタービンFF-2450Cを搭載し、AVFの速度とVF-9の機動性の両立を図っている。

覇王ベルティエはイエローにペイントされ、赤い鉄アレイのエンブレムをつけた機体を使用している。

Variable Atmosphere Light Fighter VF-9E

Variable light-fighter, General-galaxy corporation developed in the 2020's.

-9E type installs RR nuclear fusion burst-turbine FF-2450C that is the engine equal with VF-22S [sturmvögel II], and aims at coexisting of the speed of A.V.F and the mobility of VF-9A.

[Haou-Berthier /Dynast-Berthier] is done the yellow and red-emblem-marking paint, and is using the airframe to which the emblem of a red iron dumbbell.

bbe75eaefca9a31b.gif

e9c3a2442a2c4eff.gif

52ab9f03a2edf9a2.jpg

Edited by yui1107

Except for the bizzare Robotech images... this thread is filled with awesome! Nice to see the Bronco II in my stash will build up to this someday.

It would be great if someone could confirm whether that VF-9 is built from the resin kit available recently from Wonder Festival.

It would be great if someone could confirm whether that VF-9 is built from the resin kit available recently from Wonder Festival.

The posted images say that it's a 1/72 scratch build.

... I thought my translation of it or comments on it stated that there are 2 scratch-built VF-9's (Fighter and GERWALK)?

(Though, that may be one of the things I intended to post but didn't get around to because RL got real busy).

I like VF-4, early name X-4 "Siren" to "Lightning III" in all that of VF design, forearm and hand unit-less Gerwalk, in other words "Gerwalk-Fighter" style "Legged-Jet Fighter for V/STOL".

Atmosphere Light-Dressed SL-type Lightning is my favorite! True color High definity (850 pixel X 1,142 pixel size JPEG format image) is smaller than " .GIF " version because of our File-server " 1 MB " (100KB)limit .

68f6007a58eb4450.jpg

VF-4_SL / VF-4 "Long-range strategic reconnaissance" Heavy FAST Pack.

1,377 X 968 pixel (.jpg)

a790127753aa50d7.jpg

1/72 scale Resin casting, Musashiya VF-4 model-kit Instruction, SL type.

Remark " Intake-Lip Light Confomal FAST Pack "!

53165c9791780948.gif

c6e5aa44c6e50d22.gif

Edited by yui1107

Ok, is Maris a cyborg? Since it seems a pre-requisite to fly the 27-series, and she's got the whole "fightsuit with triangular neck-chin-things" aspect.

"Angers 672"---kind of a Meltrandi name (Milia 639), but she has human ears. Just have to wait for the MW'ers who can translate for us. :)

"Angers 672"---kind of a Meltrandi name (Milia 639), but she has human ears. Just have to wait for the MW'ers who can translate for us. :)

she's hot and has green hair, does anything else really matter? I do like that about 50% if the cast so far is good looking women. ^_^

she's hot and has green hair, does anything else really matter? I do like that about 50% if the cast so far is good looking women. ^_^

QFT. Also...perhaps that'll mean more figures? To be honest i'd rather buy a figure of a hot female pilot over one of sheryl or ranka :)

Fantastic scans at any rate. Juicy.

Graham, you beat me to it! (latest issue content)

If this story takes place before MacF, I'm curious to know how they're writing in the existence of the YF-27 prototype, since it seemed that it was unknown to Frontier NUNS when that series started.

The story takes place about a year before MF. Numerous other official setting resources have stated that the Galaxy Fleet made it known that they were developing the YF-27, but because it was still in the experimental phase (YF), not many other fleets paid much attention to it.

The VF-27, on the other hand, was completed in secret, and they never told anyone else that they had finished the design. Thus, the VF-27 was a complete surprise.

Also, it should be added that the YF-27 that appears in this latest instalment of MtR, is quite different from the VF-27. The most obvious differences are no wing engines, a wing mounting point for the gun pod, and what looks like a recon or data pod on the opposite wing joint (wing joint used for lack of better term at the time of writing).

Also, it should be added that the YF-27 that appears in this latest instalment of MtR, is quite different from the VF-27. The most obvious differences are no wing engines, a wing mounting point for the gun pod, and what looks like a recon or data pod on the opposite wing joint (wing joint used for lack of better term at the time of writing).

On the scans that Graham posted we can clearly see "YF-27-5" as the designation for this bird. Is there any "official confirmation" that this is how the YF-27 prototype should look like? Can we oficially state that all these model kit variations are how Kawamori intends them to look like in MtR? I can clearly see that they resemble the proposed lineart but are they oficial?

Thanks in advance!!

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

On the scans that Graham posted we can clearly see "YF-27-5" as the designation for this bird. Is there any "official confirmation" that this is how the YF-27 prototype should look like?

No. This is how Tenjin Hidetaka envisioned the YF-27-5 entrant in the Vanquish races. We have yet to be shown what the YF-27 is supposed to look like. Though, given how closely the YF-25 looks to the VF-25, it's fairly safe to say that the YF-27 looks fairly similar to the VF-27.

Can we oficially state that all these model kit variations are how Kawamori intends them to look like in MtR?

No. They are how the modellers could represent what Tenjin Hidetaka envisioned the customized VFs that enter the Vanquish races to be.

I can clearly see that they resemble the proposed lineart but are they oficial?

To the best of our knowledge, they are all official.