A very tense episode, it definitely did not unfold the way I though it would. Its going to be a very long wait til next season.

Talking Dead so far is a delight and what Rick says at the end of tonights finale is just as epic as what he did at the beginning!

A very tense episode, it definitely did not unfold the way I though it would. Its going to be a very long wait til next season.

Talking Dead so far is a delight and what Rick says at the end of tonights finale is just as epic as what he did at the beginning!

Agreed!

Some of what happened was kind of to be expected, but the details of how events unfolded were a bit 'unexpected'.

Me also thinks that jvmacross has a crystal ball of some sort.

-b.

If there was ever a legitimate case of "d'oh" for me, this would be it.

I actually forgot to pay my monthly cable TV fees, and the connection was cut last night, meaning no TWD finale for me.

homer.jpg

Now that is a bummer, hope your cable is back up & running quick!

Agreed!

Some of what happened was kind of to be expected, but the details of how events unfolded were a bit 'unexpected'.

Me also thinks that jvmacross has a crystal ball of some sort.

-b.

Hopefully when Tyrese & Carol show up perhaps even Beth, Rick & the gang can somehow tell them where the guns are hidden.

Agreed also with what jvmacross wrote, when they were inside TERMINUS for oh 30 seconds, I thought "Turn and run away!" Erie vibe!

For me the Rick found his balls again moment was at the end just before and after the train car.

The moment you guys are talking about felt more like a reactionary "I have to do what I must to save my son/friends/loved-ones" than an awakening, or remembrance that he could in fact still kick ass.

Long wait for sure, but as cliffhangers go this one isn't that bad/nerve-wrecking.

-b.

Terminus people must have a good supply of bullets.

LOL - right!

One nitpick about the season finale and that entire sequence is that no one seemed to notice that they were being herded. But hey, still a good episode and 100% agree with skullmilitia on the ending to a TWD season.

-b.

Terminus people must have a good supply of bullets.

lol I noticed that too and remarked to my wife. But they were clearly herding them and have a bunch of people, far more than Woodbury or the Prison ever had so maybe this IS really civilization instead of a cannibal town.

Everyone is alive though. Most of the functional possessions (riot armor, etc) could be explained/justified. The watch is where they look really bad, though could be explained as (I was going to give it to him as soon as we let him out). Course, in the run I saw some bloody looking carcasses/skeletons, as well... not sure if they were human (which goes back cannibals lol especially when coupled with the cries for help from other train cars) or if they were beef or something like that. Or these Terminus people could just be really cautious.

Mostly satisfied with the episode. Tyreese and Carol (and Judith) still unaccounted for, right? They could either Rick, etc out... or end up in there with them (or they're in another car already) and they'll let them out... or not. Only part I groaned at was all the flashbacks. I guess it fills in stuff but I think we already saw that all that and they just used it to suck up time to get to a cliffhanger. __________________

Cannibals? Well, when your meal is someone like Christian Serratos, how could you resist eating her?

ChristianMaxim_zps6d171186.jpg

Edited by myk

After seeing the Talking Dead where the showrunner hyped up how Rick is back, I'm really counting on a great solution for the cliffhanger. I hope it's not anti climactic where they start the next episode and they're already free and everyone is dead around them. I feel like I'm undecided about this episode until I see what's next but over all it was a satisfying watch where I don't feel like they left me hanging all too much.

For some reason and maybe I thought too much about it, but I felt like this was where "claim" would have been a big pay off for Daryl. He should have claimed Rick and the bunch to turn the tide... but biting the neck off was a good alternative!

I don't think Rick was ever "gone," rather conflicted. He's trying to hold on to his humanity, and the way things were before the end of the world; this has ALWAYS been his conflict, his struggle. However, I think Rick and the gang's last words before their hiatus was very weak; I expected more than an idle threat from a bunch of people stuck in a box car...

Yeah... I was waiting for something awesome too... "I totally hocked a loogie on Tasha Yar's grill..." Not as bad as Halle Berry's Storm line but a let down for sure. Hannibal woulda had a plan already for sure. Mr. T can turn that rail car into a tank from the inside. (Because that's always the plan...)

After seeing the Talking Dead where the showrunner hyped up how Rick is back, I'm really counting on a great solution for the cliffhanger. I hope it's not anti climactic where they start the next episode and they're already free and everyone is dead around them. I feel like I'm undecided about this episode until I see what's next but over all it was a satisfying watch where I don't feel like they left me hanging all too much.

For some reason and maybe I thought too much about it, but I felt like this was where "claim" would have been a big pay off for Daryl. He should have claimed Rick and the bunch to turn the tide... but biting the neck off was a good alternative!

Nah...."claim" would not work here for Daryl because Rick and his group were already "claimed", those guys were out for revenge.....as I had previously posted, that crew had run it's course and they had to be eliminated......the way it was done was also a big clue of what's to come.....

There is a reason why the writers have Carl ask "Who are we"....

Basically, the viewers are being forced each season to question their "answer"......are they any better? Are they becoming more and more like everyone else? But just barely keeping their head over water, in terms of morality, ethics, justice, compassion, righteousness......I mean, they let that dude get eaten alive by walkers...Carl wanted to help, and they probably could have....but Rick only cares about family and friends now....everything and everyone else no longer matters to him.....it is just not worth the risk of losing what little he has left to keep him going....

Rick "taking a bite" like a walker.....like a "cannibal"???...yep....next season will be interesting

Nah...."claim" would not work here for Daryl because Rick and his group were already "claimed", those guys were out for revenge.....as I had previously posted, that crew had run it's course and they had to be eliminated......the way it was done was also a big clue of what's to come.....

There is a reason why the writers have Carl ask "Who are we"....

Basically, the viewers are being forced each season to question their "answer"......are they any better? Are they becoming more and more like everyone else? But just barely keeping their head over water, in terms of morality, ethics, justice, compassion, righteousness......I mean, they let that dude get eaten alive by walkers...Carl wanted to help, and they probably could have....but Rick only cares about family and friends now....everything and everyone else no longer matters to him.....it is just not worth the risk of losing what little he has left to keep him going....

Rick "taking a bite" like a walker.....like a "cannibal"???...yep....next season will be interesting

The Walking Dead, indeed...

Is Christian Serratos the girl with the cap?

All I noticed was the sexy little two-piece outfit lol.

THAT THEY CHANGED IN THE FOLLOWING EPISODES! :wacko:

The other thing I liked about how things ended is that the viewer was left with no doubts about Terminus....we were not given all the details.....but really....what type of people welcomes you and then places you into a train car? Either Glenn's group found out quickly what is going on....or they were just herded into that train car under some "until we really trust you" motive.....

Also, it looks like it is up to Carol, Tyreese and Little Kickass to save the day......I'm thinking Carol is just as cautious as Rick....so they will probably want to come in "the back way" also.....maybe (probably?) they will find Rick's hidden stash....perhaps Rick left a kind of "message in the bottle" in the bag.....like...we went in, if you find this bag...it means we could not get back out to retrieve it.....I know I would have done something like that..... :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Sundays are so dead (excuse the pun) when WD is not airing. Can't have a GoT viewing party... too much sex and torture scenes for the young teens in the family. Zombie violence is somewhat less awkward and more fun.

I find myself losing interest in this show every season, I haven't even watched the back half of season 4 yet because I heard, as usual, really mixed things. I may have to catch up sometime but I'm just blah about it, I read some more comic book characters got introduced along with the get to DC storyline, so I'll probably torrent the rest of season 4 later tonight.

Sundays are so dead (excuse the pun) when WD is not airing. Can't have a GoT viewing party... too much sex and torture scenes for the young teens in the family. Zombie violence is somewhat less awkward and more fun.

Sundays really are "Dead", I don'y have HBO so watching GoT is a pain when my friends aren't home that night, I've tried getting into AMC's new series TURN which is good, but its no Walking Dead.

Watch Fargo! On Tuesdays though... It's excellent! Great actors, awesome storyline continuing from the movie. This last week had an incredible escape sequence by Martin Freeman, an amazing blizzard gun battle with Adam Goldberg and Billy Bob Thorton and fishies falling from the skies with Oliver Platt.