Some of the broad strokes were certainly telegraphed, but I agree that the details of how what happened really couldn't be called.

I feel like I should be more shocked than what I am, but more than anything I feel relief in the closure of a couple of plot lines.

Carol as a character is pretty tragic.

-b.

Well said, More Daryl adventures next week!

Also the Talking Dead was really good tonight!

^ Many thanks. :)

Yeah, Talking Dead was pretty good, and considering the episode that it followed it was handled really well by Hardwick and the guests.

Can't believe there are only 2 more episodes left this season, its gonna be a long wait until Oct.

-b.

You honestly watched this & said to yourself when Tyrese & Carol come back Mika will be dead by the hand of her own sister? Carol & Lizzie was a given.

Considering the ENTIRE episode they kept highlighting how different Mika and Lizzie were and that Lizzie was bigger and stronger then Mika, yeah, I was expecting her to be the one Lizzie killed. It was telegraphed

Edited by Mommar

I must be the only one who fell asleep during the last episode.

Meh, this is the normal slow down before the season finale.

You call having to put down a psychotic little girl after she murders her own little sister "slow down?"

I'm glad the show finally had some real emotion last night, or at least something with some substance. This show has been insanely inconsistent for me for the past two seasons now, so many odd and questionable choices for characters and the direction of the plot. I think it's kind of funny the only episodes I found with substance to them were the ones that more closely adapted one of the comic's scenes or moments. This newest episode had some heavy influences from things that happened at the jail in the comic. I'm just finding it harder and harder to watch Walking Dead every week, I discovered Hannibal and Vikings, and both of those shows have blown me away, they are pretty amazing and yet have to struggle to get more seasons. When Walking Dead puts out an episode like the last one I feel we are actually getting the quality we should consistently be getting, but at this point it's like a drawn out anime, lots of cringe-worthy boring stuff in between the actual events that hit you hard and move the story forward. I can't help but feel all the behind the scenes stuff with show runners dropping out, and the reports of AMC being very nazi-ish about the schedule and shooting, has stunted the quality these past few seasons.

I'm glad the show finally had some real emotion last night, or at least something with some substance. This show has been insanely inconsistent for me for the past two seasons now, so many odd and questionable choices for characters and the direction of the plot. I think it's kind of funny the only episodes I found with substance to them were the ones that more closely adapted one of the comic's scenes or moments. This newest episode had some heavy influences from things that happened at the jail in the comic. I'm just finding it harder and harder to watch Walking Dead every week, I discovered Hannibal and Vikings, and both of those shows have blown me away, they are pretty amazing and yet have to struggle to get more seasons. When Walking Dead puts out an episode like the last one I feel we are actually getting the quality we should consistently be getting, but at this point it's like a drawn out anime, lots of cringe-worthy boring stuff in between the actual events that hit you hard and move the story forward. I can't help but feel all the behind the scenes stuff with show runners dropping out, and the reports of AMC being very nazi-ish about the schedule and shooting, has stunted the quality these past few seasons.

I thought Hannibal was good but it was just too depressing for me in the long run. If you like Vikings, you should check out Black Sails. It's from Michael Bay, but so far I haven't seen anything over the top from the production but I'm enjoying it so far just like I've enjoyed Vikings.

I thought Hannibal was good but it was just too depressing for me in the long run. If you like Vikings, you should check out Black Sails. It's from Michael Bay, but so far I haven't seen anything over the top from the production but I'm enjoying it so far just like I've enjoyed Vikings.

Oh yes I did indeed watched Black Sails as well, it had a pretty excellent first season, very gritty, I thought it was a refreshing take on pirates compared to all the Johnny Depp-ness we've gotten in the last decade. I can definitely agree Hannibal is depressing, and certainly difficult to watch, it is hands down the goriest show on television, blowing even Walking Dead out of the water by miles, but I'm a huge fan of the Red Dragon books as well, so Hannibal has been quite delectable...Back on topic, I am very pleased with the portrayals of Rosita, Eugene, and Abraham, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing all the old groups and the newbies get together, there's been enough different from the comic while introducing comic elements and characters that I need to stay tuned to see how or if some upcoming events will truly come to fruition.

You call having to put down a psychotic little girl after she murders her own little sister "slow down?"

It's not surprising, but a whole episode to character build only to end them.

Why waste my time. They (the writers) need to get better at character building. I mean

In the beginning there was only fodder characters, now there's too much building right before deaths.

They need to find that middle ground.

I thoroughly enjoyed the charred walkers though, that was fantastic.

at this point who's wasting who's time?

What, no criticism allowed? I could have missed the entire show, and not been lost next episode!

It just seemed like a waste of two characters that they wanted to spend time on emphasizing the difference between the two.

It also seemed to again point the finger at Carol, not being able to watch kids properly.

Also, I didn't think I heard what Tyrese said..

Something like " I'll never forget what you did, but I forgive you"

I couldn't here thanks to off screen screaming lol.

What, no criticism allowed? I could have missed the entire show, and not been lost next episode!

It just seemed like a waste of two characters that they wanted to spend time on emphasizing the difference between the two.

It also seemed to again point the finger at Carol, not being able to watch kids properly.

Also, I didn't think I heard what Tyrese said..

Something like " I'll never forget what you did, but I forgive you"

I couldn't here thanks to off screen screaming lol.

Or how about Carol making hard decisions for the good of others? It's why she knocked off those two at the prison as well. She made the mistake of not making the hard decision until it was too late. And Tyrese saw how it affected her and understood the reason why she made the decision she did... he certainly couldn't do what she did with the girls either. She and Daryl deserve each other, they're the two biggest bad-asses in the show.

Carol being a bad-ass is debatable, she's evolved into a character that makes the hard choices and does the dirt but it's almost a coping mechanism. Her whole persona now was formed from an abusive husband and the loss of her daughter.

I'd be hard pressed to think that she could have handled herself the way Daryl did when he was surrounded by that "biker" gang. And I'd be hard pressed to think that Daryl would have killed other survivors to stop the spread of an illness, especially if killing them hadn't been shown as the only alternative.

Also glad that when the comic came out I was done collecting, I'd hate to have notions about the story and characters based on the printed work that came before - across the board from movies to television it seems to always have a negative impact for those that have read the books.

-b.

Carol being a bad-ass is debatable, she's evolved into a character that makes the hard choices and does the dirt but it's almost a coping mechanism. Her whole persona now was formed from an abusive husband and the loss of her daughter.
I'd be hard pressed to think that she could have handled herself the way Daryl did when he was surrounded by that "biker" gang. And I'd be hard pressed to think that Daryl would have killed other survivors to stop the spread of an illness, especially if killing them hadn't been shown as the only alternative.

By that same logic, as of the last episode with Daryl his entire persona is angry, redneck who was beaten as a kid and who may or may not hate rich people now.

I didn't say they were the same type of bad-ass. I wouldn't ever expect him to do what she did and vice-versa, but they're both world weary and willing to do what needs to be done. I would consider them two sides to the same coin.

By that same logic, as of the last episode with Daryl his entire persona is angry, redneck who was beaten as a kid and who may or may not hate rich people now.

I didn't say they were the same type of bad-ass. I wouldn't ever expect him to do what she did and vice-versa, but they're both world weary and willing to do what needs to be done. I would consider them two sides to the same coin.

Huh??? Not sure where you got that from what I wrote.

Daryl never was much of an angry redneck, he basically followed his brother's lead and over time has evolved as someone incredibly tolerant of and carrying for others (especially illustrated this season in his time with Beth). So much so that he was actually looked on as the leader of the group during the last days of their time at the prison. Daryl being a bad-ass allowed him to punch the leader and basically dare the rest of the gang to react or kill him and his actions are in keeping with how he's always been on the show.

I respectfully disagree about them being two sides of the same coin. Daryl is and always has been very capable whereas Carol has evolved into someone that just does whatever she feels needs to be done, regardless of the consequences or how others may feel - all stemming from the loss of her child.

Daryl = Good Guy/Anit-hero

Carol = Borderline sociopath

-b.

I'm on Team Little Kickass.....she needs to return....

Also, I can see Tyrese with the girls and baby on their own for an episode or two next season, surviving the zombie hoards...if anyone can do it...its Tyrese!...then finally, when they are about to all succumb to a zombie onslaught....Carol shows up to save them all....then the dilema of what Tyrese will do about it when he finds out the truth (wait, did Daryl and Rick tell him already?...I know Daryl knows about Carol and he was not too happy about Rick's decision)....

And now we also know how Tyrese handled the truth....

Tyrese = righteous dude

Which means he is a dead man!

Sucks to be sweet....or good and a supporting character in Walking Dead World.....

Edited by jvmacross

Either one could be the next one offed... less likely to be Tyrese since he was just introduced. But everytime they tie up a character's arc that usually spells death for them in the next, especially if they had just came back from going off the deep end... I kinda wish they'd put a hold on the arbitrary deaths since it seems to happen to people that finally get interesting.

Either one could be the next one offed... less likely to be Tyrese since he was just introduced. But everytime they tie up a character's arc that usually spells death for them in the next, especially if they had just came back from going off the deep end... I kinda wish they'd put a hold on the arbitrary deaths since it seems to happen to people that finally get interesting.

RIP Carol.

-b.

Huh??? Not sure where you got that from what I wrote.

Daryl never was much of an angry redneck, he basically followed his brother's lead and over time has evolved as someone incredibly tolerant of and carrying for others (especially illustrated this season in his time with Beth). So much so that he was actually looked on as the leader of the group during the last days of their time at the prison. Daryl being a bad-ass allowed him to punch the leader and basically dare the rest of the gang to react or kill him and his actions are in keeping with how he's always been on the show.

I respectfully disagree about them being two sides of the same coin. Daryl is and always has been very capable whereas Carol has evolved into someone that just does whatever she feels needs to be done, regardless of the consequences or how others may feel - all stemming from the loss of her child.

Daryl = Good Guy/Anit-hero

Carol = Borderline sociopath

-b.

Sociopaths don't usually weep while they do their sociopathic things. She's hardly borderline.

^ Perhaps.

Wonder what the last two episodes will bring, unless there is some serious plot advancement I'm not hopeful that anyone will make it to Terminus this season, let alone resolve Daryl, Beth or Glenn's respective situations (as the only folks not with other members of the prison group).

-b.

It's The Walking Dead, you won't see Terminus until the last 10 seconds of the season finale lol.

I think Bob, and Carol are going to eat it.

Bobs kept repeating he always the last, which is a for sure death sentence.

Carol has nothing left but Daryl. In the end regardless of what Kirkman says, if your playing the part of

Rick, Daryl, Michonne, Glenn or Maggie, your probably pretty safe.

I do think it would TV suicide to kill off Lincoln or Reedus.

The Fandom would revolt.

It's The Walking Dead, you won't see Terminus until the last 10 seconds of the season finale lol.

I think Bob, and Carol are going to eat it.

Bobs kept repeating he always the last, which is a for sure death sentence.

Carol has nothing left but Daryl. In the end regardless of what Kirkman says, if your playing the part of

Rick, Daryl, Michonne, Glenn or Maggie, your probably pretty safe.

I do think it would TV suicide to kill off Lincoln or Reedus.

The Fandom would revolt.

With (1) exception I 100% agree (just going by what I know of one of those characters from the comics).

-b.

With (1) exception I 100% agree (just going by what I know of one of those characters from the comics).

-b.

I also wonder how that will play out. I am not sure they will follow the comics, but I could be wrong

It's all about Little Kickass.....she needs a "mom"......and that new "mom" may be Michonne.....if that happens...you no longer need Carol or Beth.....Carol is expendable now due to her actions.....Beth is expendable...she is now just a plot device that will be used to further drive Daryl's character....either back into his former self...or back into being a "leader" (well, at least Rick's right-hand man)....there is no doubt the new group he is with has something to do with Beth's kidnapping....

As for the other supporting characters....Tyreese is a dead man (too bad because I like his character)...good people (supporting actors) have no place in this Walker world....and with him dead....his sister will follow......Bob?...don't know...but he seems to be becoming the love interest for Sasha....however, if she dies (and she probably will)...we may see him sacrificing himself for the crew...or ending up alone again like portrayed in one of the recent episodes.....drinking himself to death...

Untouchable: Rick, Carl, Daryl, Maggie, Glenn, Michonne, and Little Kickass.......

If the show goes past 5 years...I see Glenn and Maggie killed off....they are the only original characters left that would provide enough shock/drama value in their deaths....but at the same time not completely PO the fan-base like killing off Rick, Daryl, or Michonne......don't think they will kill off a baby/toddler...the Grimes family, plus Aunt Michonne and Uncle Daryl will live on....after the series finale credits roll.......

They need to get cracking on that spinoff series soon....expand the world of the Walking Dead beyond Georgia.......take it international already!

The writers are either waiting for that exact moment they want to tell us the big secret of how it all happened or Eugene is gonna get whacked before he can tell us what he knows. Either way a good episode and looking forward to next weeks finale.

The writers are either waiting for that exact moment they want to tell us the big secret of how it all happened or Eugene is gonna get whacked before he can tell us what he knows. Either way a good episode and looking forward to next weeks finale.

Nah, he'll just keep saying it's classified, then at the end of the show, it'll be something real stupid.

Like WWZ where it was a hybrid of Rabies that turned people into animal like predators. Here it's straight up

Undead, but could still be a grounded reason. I'd be more willing to bet what Eugene knows is probably wrong,

Just because that's more likely. Plus the CDC has higher classified intel on biological dangers than the military.

Just seems unlikely.

I don't think they will kill off Tyrese. Glen and Maggie sure, that arch is getting looooong.

Eugene probably will keep it classified for a while, my one hope of many with this show (Since they keep making it clear they don't want to mirror the comic exactly) is that if the reason for what has happened is revealed, its done in a smart & well described manner, not some watered down 5 second answer that only adds more questions.

I'd like to Tyrese survive the whole way. Glen and Maggie probably won't be the Max & Miria of this series!