Star Wars Saga gets 3D Love in 2012

Zor Primus

Dude, I have seen the movie, Jarjar lives... Where is that video from? Maybe I have been living in a cave or something.

Soz bro, I thought for a second that you might not understand the whole "Everybody hates Jar-Jar" thing.

Fair enough. The video I posted was from a cutscene and somebody else other than Lucasfilm had edited it to make it look like Jar Jar dies.....

Taksraven

Soz bro, I thought for a second that you might not understand the whole "Everybody hates Jar-Jar" thing.

Fair enough. The video I posted was from a cutscene and somebody else other than Lucasfilm had edited it to make it look like Jar Jar dies.....

Taksraven

Ok, figured thats what it was.

Far more wasted than Darth Maul, was Qui Gon Jin. He should have been in all 3 movies, culminating in Anakin sitting back as Palpatine killed him (would have been far more meaningful than Mace Windu dying), resulting in Anakin's final turn to the darkside. Also, if "anyone" was going to be edited into Jedi, it should have been QGJ.

Edited by Keith

Far more wasted than Darth Maul, was Qui Gon Jin. He should have been in all 3 movies, culminating in Anakin sitting back as Palpatine killed him (would have been far more meaningful than Mace Windu dying), resulting in Anakin's final turn to the darkside. Also, if "anyone" was going to be edited into Jedi, it should have been QGJ.

Good point too. Lucas really was losing it when he started making the prequel trilogy. If he wanted a death in the first impact to show that things were dangerous, we all know who should have died.....

Taksraven

Qui Gon should have been Anakin's father. He finds Anakin and begins to train him as a Jedi as a way to right a past wrong (for knocking up Mama Skywalker). It would have given their relationship some resonance and also a reason for Obi Wan to take up Anakin's training. Would have been interesting having him in other movies, maybe killed in Ep. 1, but appearing in the other two prequels as a Force ghost to Anakin, the way Obi Wan was for Luke.

The "virgin birth/Darth Plageus" idea, like most of what's in the prequels, makes no sense.

Qui Gon should have been Anakin's father. He finds Anakin and begins to train him as a Jedi as a way to right a past wrong (for knocking up Mama Skywalker). It would have given their relationship some resonance and also a reason for Obi Wan to take up Anakin's training. Would have been interesting having him in other movies, maybe killed in Ep. 1, but appearing in the other two prequels as a Force ghost to Anakin, the way Obi Wan was for Luke.

The "virgin birth/Darth Plageus" idea, like most of what's in the prequels, makes no sense.

I actually like that Anakin is either Sidius or his master's son. Roofy's are strong with the darkside.

• 2 months later...

I actually like that Anakin is either Sidius or his master's son. Roofy's are strong with the darkside.

Was that even implied though? I thought Lucas was just picking common historical tropes and wedging them into Star Wars... "Hmm, what haven't I wedged in yet? Oh yeah, virgin birth!" I even thought it was mentioned that a convergence of midichlorians (spew) could cause a virgin birth. The implication in both cases is that there was no darkside father to Anakin (although that's obviously a cooler story so I could see why people would prefer that).

Was that even implied though? I thought Lucas was just picking common historical tropes and wedging them into Star Wars... "Hmm, what haven't I wedged in yet? Oh yeah, virgin birth!" I even thought it was mentioned that a convergence of midichlorians (spew) could cause a virgin birth. The implication in both cases is that there was no darkside father to Anakin (although that's obviously a cooler story so I could see why people would prefer that).

Sith spells it out clearly enough for me. Palpetine's little opera side chat with Anakin (imo) is his confession of involvement/known involvement in Anakin's birth. Either Plageus or Sideus set forth to make the ultimate apprentice, and succeeded.

Factor in Shmi's ability to take a Tuskan Raider gang bang & still greet Anakin with a smile, and it's not hard to imagine Plageus or Sideus picking her at random to be their baby's mama. Tatooine itself is a great environment to raise a strong force user. Harsh climate, adverse conditions, pod racing. It ensure's that initial developement would either provide a strong individual, or kill off a weak one.

Edited by Keith

I got to say, I never took that scene as you described it, but....wow, that is pretty cool. ;)

I may be the only one here but the Clone Wars series is really letting me appreciate episode III much more. The fleshed out backgrounds for the characters really does make me feel for them much more in the movie, particularly Anakin.

Chris

I may be the only one here but the Clone Wars series is really letting me appreciate episode III much more. The fleshed out backgrounds for the characters really does make me feel for them much more in the movie, particularly Anakin.

Yeah, I hear you. It's cool seeing Anakin being so close to R2 in the Clone Wars series. Even risking his life or his team to save R2. That really was his droid since Attack of the Clones. He often treats R2 like his best friend or like a great dog, that will stay by your side, relying on him for a lot. If they keep this up, it may actually make the trench run scene in A New Hope harder to watch when he as Vader, blows away R2.

Yeah, I hear you. It's cool seeing Anakin being so close to R2 in the Clone Wars series. Even risking his life or his team to save R2. That really was his droid since Attack of the Clones. He often treats R2 like his best friend or like a great dog, that will stay by your side, relying on him for a lot. If they keep this up, it may actually make the trench run scene in A New Hope harder to watch when he as Vader, blows away R2.

"All to easy" ;)

Which reminds me. Just who made it possible for Chewbacca to put 3PO's parts back together in prison?

Edited by Keith

I also liked how Vader prevented Fett from shooting Chewie.....since when does Vader give a poo about a Wookie? Or maybe he didn't want his creation (3P0) from being hit. ;)

Chris

I also liked how Vader prevented Fett from shooting Chewie.....since when does Vader give a poo about a Wookie? Or maybe he didn't want his creation (3P0) from being hit. wink.gif

Chris

I'd wager 3P0, Vader don't give a sh!t 'bout no kids or Wookies.

I also liked how Vader prevented Fett from shooting Chewie.....since when does Vader give a poo about a Wookie? Or maybe he didn't want his creation (3P0) from being hit. ;)

Chris

Yeah, I always thought that it was Vader keeping Fett on a leash. Vader also knew that Luke would be getting visions of what was going and maybe if he saw his friends being *killed* in the future it would have been trickier to lead Luke into the trap.

And maybe Vader had plans to enjoy killing the likes of Chewie in the future himself. If there was a bounty on Han you would have thought there would have been one on Chewbacca, especially since Jabba seems so happy to receive him in ROTJ.

So with this new way of looking at it, Luke kills Vader, Vader kills, Sidious/Palpatine. So Son kills Dad who kills his dad, Nice family, good job Luke has no kids eh!

Only problem is that Luke did not kill Vader, Vader killed himself chucking ol grumpy face down the energy thingamajob.

I don't want to Poo-poo the "Sidious or Plaegus is Anakin's father" theory too much 'cause I like it but that scene shows Sidious lying to Anakin so it's not very solid evidence. Remember later in the movie Anakin's like "Sweet, I'm evil, you implied I could save people from dying, let's do this!" and Sidious is like "Oh, about that... maybe we'll get there some day." He's just feeding Anakin old wive's tales to convince Anakin to join the dark side.

Blu-ray

Not sure if they'll be the original theatrical release or the special editions.

Probably another variation on the Special Edition. Ol' George can't help himself.

But the big question really is:

Original Version - Han fires first.

First Special Edition: Han fires second

Second Special Edition: They both fire at the same time

Blu-Ray Edition: I dunno, they kiss and make up??

Probably another variation on the Special Edition. Ol' George can't help himself.

But the big question really is:

Original Version - Han fires first.

First Special Edition: Han fires second

Second Special Edition: They both fire at the same time

Blu-Ray Edition: I dunno, they kiss and make up??

I heard a rumor that Lucas said it'd cost too much to restore the originals for blu-ray.

Blu-Ray Edition: A second shooter on the grassy knoll?

edit:

at the 1m 10 sec mark

Edited by BeyondTheGrave

I heard a rumor that Lucas said it'd cost too much to restore the originals for blu-ray.

Blu-Ray Edition: A second shooter on the grassy knoll?

edit:

at the 1m 10 sec mark

Sorry for the potty mouth, but George Lucas is full of fucking shit!

I'd wager 3P0, Vader don't give a sh!t 'bout no kids or Wookies.

I killed them. I killed them all. They're dead, every single one of them. And not just the men, but the women and the children, too. They're like animals, and I slaughtered them like animals. I hate them!

Favorite part of the movie, lol...

Only problem is that Luke did not kill Vader, Vader killed himself chucking ol grumpy face down the energy thingamajob.

Luke may have not directly given the killer blow but he certainly messed up Vader beyond economical repair, on hand missing and life support a bit messed up wheezing and stuff, Palpatine was just an accessory to the fact.

Either way the whole saga just ends there as next scenes are all just the teddy bears picnic and who ho !!! lets party etc.