RIP Satoshi Kon

ly000001

Very sad to hear of his passing. I never saw Millennium Actress, Tokyo Godfathers or Paprika, but I really enjoyed Perfect Blue.

R.I.P. Satoshi Kon.

All of the above titles were really good imho, This is a sad day for fans of his work :(

I just read the news at my film haunts. This is terrible news and is a loss for anime. Kon was one of the few in his industry truly breaking from the norm and producing some groundbreaking productions much like Mamoru Oshii did for his generation and Hayao Miyazaki for the generation before that. Anime has truly lost a vital voice with Kon's passing. :(

I have never been really fond of Perfect Blue, but I really liked all of his other productions – particularly Paranoia Agent

Too bad the anime industry lost such a greatly talented director...

R.I.P.

Only seen Perfect Blue and own the DVD. Great movie. Have to make an effort to see his other movies.

Graham

Try and see the Magnetic Rose section of Memories (the whole movie, is great).

I just got an email about this. I'm as angry about this as I am sad. He was only 46!

I loved Tokyo Godfathers. The man's movies were perfect for showing people uninterested in animation that the medium had so many possibilities. And his manga work with Katsuhiro Otomo is worth checking out too.

RIP. You were one of the people I was counting on to pull anime out of the mire (I believe) it's in. This is a major blow to creativity. Alas, you will be missed.

A friend just sent me a link to a translation of Kon's final words, Apparently it was pancreatic cancer, and he only had a few months after finding out.

http://www.makikoitoh.com/journal/satoshi-kons-last-words

That was a very moving letter. :(

Thanks for sharing. May he rest in peace. His works will continue to inspire us, left behind.

• azrael locked this topic