How do you like your VF-11 1/60 yamato?

arrow

• 8 months later...

I just picked one up and I love it.

But any tips or tricks about how to get the lower heat shield to lock into place?

Sure, what you want to do is take the cockpit out entirely then reach in and pull the lower heat shield up until you hear a little click.

th_IMG_0470.jpg

Then, make sure that the little sliding mechanism that supports the cockpit in fighter mode is slid back (in the "up" position for fighter mode).

th_IMG_0464.jpg

That will give you clearance to slide the cockpit pod back in. be sure to fallow the arrows, down and forward...

th_IMG_0471.jpg

...then push the back end down.

th_IMG_0473.jpg

once you have the cockpit all the way back in, slide the little grey slider forward...

th_IMG_0475.jpg

...so that the cockpit can tuck all the way in...

th_IMG_0476.jpg

...giving you room to put out the top half of the heat shield.

th_IMG_0477.jpg

I got my 11C the other day from the HLJ sale, and it's a very nice toy. It's solid, and looks great in all modes. I can finally say that I'm up to date on the M7 line.

Pulled hard enough and now it's broken.

That sucks. Did it break as in a piece snapped off, or did a piece just come off? There's a certain amount of effort it takes to get that bottom heat shield to lock. I thought was going to break mine, but it closed. I haven't tried the 11C yet.

That sucks. Did it break as in a piece snapped off, or did a piece just come off? There's a certain amount of effort it takes to get that bottom heat shield to lock. I thought was going to break mine, but it closed. I haven't tried the 11C yet.

5738601700_c5a2bd4ec8_z.jpg

Any suggestions? :(

Edited by BeyondTheGrave

I love my vf-11b and to the guy who broke the heatshield there is a trick to it.

I can't remember because it has been so long, but what I will do is search for my post about it.

I had a LOT of trouble the first time I transformed it and couldn't understand what had to be done until I played around. Then when I got it I was very happy.

What I think needs to be done is someone on these boards needs to make youtube videos on how to transform the toys without transforming them improperly. Then make it a sticky topic or something. This is useful for those who lost their manuals or who don't like the black and white pics. Having someone talk while doing it in front of the camera is far superior to just look at a black and white image.

Pulled hard enough and now it's broken.

awww. i hope it's not too bad and fixable.

this is why i display my VF-11B with the heatshield deployed even when in fighter mode. i just pretend it's entering the atmosphere or something. ;)

post-8437-0-58351600-1305853175_thumb.jpg

EDIT - is that piece whole or broken off? iirc that should be metal so it should be the whole bottom piece. you may have to open the whole cockpit section. for your sake, i hope the upper and lower parts are not glued together. good luck.

Edited by m0n5t3r

awww. i hope it's not too bad and fixable.

this is why i display my VF-11B with the heatshield deployed even when in fighter mode. i just pretend it's entering the atmosphere or something. ;)

post-8437-0-58351600-1305853175_thumb.jpg

EDIT - is that piece whole or broken off? iirc that should be metal so it should be the whole bottom piece. you may have to open the whole cockpit section. for your sake, i hope the upper and lower parts are not glued together. good luck.

Not metal but Plastic piece. Part of it is broken.

Here are the two posts I made on the heatshield ages ago when I first got one:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=29300&view=findpost&p=824653

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=29300&view=findpost&p=825458

I'm one of those people that doesn't transform my valks much.

I might try to transform it again just to see if I can memorise what I did to keep the heatshield up in battroid mode.

"I have toys that go up in value overtime, but not my Yamatos." :wacko:

Haha, that's pretty true save perhaps the VF-0S, the elint etc. Even my MPC Alpha went up in value. However it's sort of moot as I personally grow fonder of my valks the longer I have them, exploded shoulders and all. :) Guess it doesn't matter if you're never really planning to sell them.

Still have yet to get a 1/60 VF-11C. A bit too small for the asking price.

I retried my old 3-step tips (getting the heatshield just right without taking out the cockpit) and it worked. Just hold the robot mode upside down and shake it so that the bottom half of the heatshield comes down and then keep pulling it down (takes a bit of practice) until it meets up with the first half of the heat shield (the side closest to the head) so that you can clearly see it extended long enough to be able to join. Then push the slider all the way till you get the click (or you don't get any click but you slid it all the way and the friction of the heat shield rubbing against the windshield keeps it firmly in place).

Remember that the upper half of the HS, must come down enough so that when completely shut there is a tiny gap between the top of this and the grey part of the chest. (see pic below)

hni0037qf.jpg

As long as you pull everything all the way (and move the slider as the last step) there shouldn't be any problems.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Make it limited in number like the low visibility 1/48. I'll take this over the booby VF-11 valk anyday. :p

Prefer a low vis version, in fact Yamato should start a low-vis line for all the valks they've produced and include squadron decals. It'll absolutely kill my wallet, but I'm willing to sell my current valks for em.

Yeah but Milia actually appeared in macross 7 using this mech though didn't she? She's a main character and people will instantly recognise this one.

If they want to really make use of the license, now is the time. It will be an impulse purchase for those of us who resist getting fire valk.

I've made a choice to buy a hi-vis vf-11 to go with my grey cannon fodder vf-11. The idea is that you can have milia flying along with some noob pilots and teaching them how to fly properly.

I'd go for a low visibility if it had some unique markings and stuff.

Sooooo.......any news on whether yamato will do up the milia vf-11?:

vf-11b-milia-fighter_small.gif

Make it limited in number like the low visibility 1/48. I'll take this over the booby VF-11 valk anyday. :p

NO! NO limited items, NO web exclusive, NO magazine order contest prize bs. If they're going to make the one strait VF-11 repaint I actually want, I don't want to have to pay out the nose and jump through ridiculous hoops to get it.

alternatively I really want a VF-11D

:edit:

seriously; it's a mac 7 valk, it doesn't have a face, it sort of has a Low-vis paint scheme, and you can just pretend that the speakers in the sound boosters are sensor/jamming equipment. :p

vf-11d-battroid_small.gif

Edited by anime52k8

Yamato would need to tool-up an new 2 seater forward fuselage/cockpit section (the rest of the space frame is the same) and almost certainly have to forego the hide-away heat shield gimmick for a snap-on design, but I'd be game for one.

Edited by mechaninac

This is weird but when I look at that picture for a few seconds I imagine there is a blue robot bug (it's legs were chopped off) crawling on top of the vf11. One antenna was ripped off and it's getting its revenge by having eaten the head off using acid to melt it down and then chew on its face.

The top part is actually the bugs head, not the robots head. It's just the way its all coloured up. Pretty creepy once you figure out the picture.. Space maggots from hell have invaded the ship and are now eating away at the mechs.

Yamato would need to tool-up an new 2 seater forward fuselate/cockpit section (the rest of the space frame is the same) and almost certainly have to forego the hide-away heat shild gimmick for a snap-on design, but I'd be game for one.

Basically the entire front end after the hinged part would be new (make room for the 2 seats, the new heat shield, and the canards are bigger), but it wouldn't actually interfere with transformation so it would work. as for the heat shield, I think they could pull it off as an integral part but it would have to be far less bulbous and segmented than it is in the line art.

This is weird but when I look at that picture for a few seconds I imagine there is a blue robot bug (it's legs were chopped off) crawling on top of the vf11. One antenna was ripped off and it's getting its revenge by having eaten the head off using acid to melt it down and then chew on its face.

The top part is actually the bugs head, not the robots head. It's just the way its all coloured up. Pretty creepy once you figure out the picture.. Space maggots from hell have invaded the ship and are now eating away at the mechs.

WAT... :blink:

What ever are you trippin' on?

The heatshield looks like a armored worm thing. Ah nevermind.

pic of a mongolian death worm:

mongolian_death_worm.jpg

The battroid looks like it is has an armored worm crawling on it. (the sci-fi version for the macross universe)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongolian_death_worm

The Mongolian death worm (Mongolian: олгой-хорхой, olgoi-khorkhoi, "large intestine worm") is a creature reported to exist in the Gobi Desert. It is generally considered a cryptid: an animal whose sightings and reports are disputed or unconfirmed.

It is described as a bright red worm with a wide body that is 2 to 5 feet (0.6 to 1.5 m) long.[1][2]

The worm is the subject of a number of extraordinary claims by Mongolian locals - such as the ability of the worm to spew forth acid that, on contact, will turn anything it touches yellow and corroded (and which would kill a human),[3] as well as its reported ability to kill at a distance by means of electric discharge.

Though natives of the Gobi have long told tales of the olgoi-khorkhoi, the creature first came to Western attention as a result of Professor Roy Chapman Andrews's 1926 book On the Trail of Ancient Man. The US paleontologist was not convinced by the tales of the monster that he heard at a gathering of Mongolian officials: "None of those present ever had seen the creature, but they all firmly believed in its existence and described it minutely."

In his book "On the Trail of Ancient Man" (1926), Roy Chapman Andrews (an American explorer, adventurer and naturalist who became the director of the American Museum of Natural History) cites Mongolian Prime Minister Damdinbazar who in 1922 described the worm allergorhai-horhai:

"It is shaped like a sausage about two feet long, has no head nor leg and it is so poisonous that merely to touch it means instant death. It lives in the most desolate parts of the Gobi Desert…"

In 1932 Andrews published this information again in the book "The New Conquest of Central Asia", adding: "It is reported to live in the most arid, sandy regions of the western Gobi". Andrews didn't believe that the animal was real.

Czech explorer Ivan Mackerle described the animal from second-hand reports as a "sausage-like worm over half a meter (20 inches) long, and thick as a man's arm, resembling the intestine of cattle. Its tail is short, as [if] it were cut off, but not tapered. It is difficult to tell its head from its tail because it has no visible eyes, nostrils or mouth but may have them on some occasions. Its colour is dark red, like blood or salami..."[1]

Animal Planet has produced a docudrama show titled "Lost Tapes."[10] Under Season 1., Episode 13 (first aired February 17, 2009), Titled "Death Worm,"[11] The show has purported actual footage (which is fictional) of two men who were attacked and killed, one of which was bitten, burned with a Corrosive Acid [Greenish Yellow in color, and corrosive enough to corrode the metal of his bike], and both were electrocuted. Their claim of the docudrama is that the bodies were never found, yet their equipment was recovered.

The battroid is the victim of a space version of the death worm. The armored version was created in a lab by the protoculture race as biological weapons. This is what hikaru minmay and misa hayase encountered and this is why there are no future stories dealing with these characters.

The battroid is the victim of a space version of the death worm. The armored version was created in a lab by the protoculture race as biological weapons. This is what hikaru minmay and misa hayase encountered and this is why there are no future stories dealing with these characters.

??????????

I really like both my VF-11's. It is a great valk and I would recommend it highly. I would prefer an armored version before a jamming birds personally. I would probably pick up a Miria re-paint too.