Yamato 1/3000 SDF-1 Macross

Save

Playing deal hunter show off huh? ^_^ My card was charged CAD$356.36 EMS shipping included from HLJ, cause I had a 10% off coupon. Custom/Post office charged CAD$46.62 though.

LOL. That's not even close to a deal, I just wanted it for the lowest price.

It's already bad enough with the horrid exchange rate.

Revy Batman is a candidate? Are they serious?

You bet they are -- so much so that they put him twice on the original poll! I wanted to say something, but I'm not a member.

Also, to play devil's advocate for a bit, where is Kaneda's Bike?

EDIT--

Here is the page with the two "BATMEN":

http://collectiondx.com/poll/toty_2010_best_action_figure

Edited by Renato

You bet they are -- so much so that they put him twice on the original poll! I wanted to say something, but I'm not a member.

Kaneda's Bike is in the same category with SDF-1....and since the Best Of the Best choose only the winner of each category..... ;)

SO Graham what is the eta for Yamato to make more of these? They have to be happy with the reviews and the sales so it stands to reason they have to be considering doing more. Help reassure fans who didn't get it in the first batch and want to avoid paying more through ebay.

HLJ is now saying "Feb. Restock" so it looks like the stock situation will improve shortly.

I hope Yamato is being cautiously optimistic about this.

Keep the demand coming, but dont flood the market to where stock needs be discounted at a ridiculous price (see: Macoss Quarter).

Keep the demand coming, but dont flood the market to where stock needs be discounted at a ridiculous price (see: Macoss Quarter).

Im actually hoping for this, im not looking to spend more than $300 on the SDF-1 :p

Edited by anubis20

No, they need to Flood the market like crazy, I want SDF-1's on Slash-and-burn 80% off clearance. :lol:

Edited by anime52k8

EDIT--

http://collectiondx.com/poll/toty_2010_best_action_figure

I really liked the VB-6...I don't even think Collection DX reviewed it did they?

Edited by Xx-SKULL-ONE-xX

As always I'm late to the party with my review... but you should go scope it out just the same:

Yamato-SDF-1-6.jpg

I have a 1900x1200 monitor now so the pics in this review and future reviews are going to be a bit larger. -

EDIT - leave me some comments on anymoon.com if you feel I botched up the review, missed something, or am otherwise very right or wrong. The more opinions on the post the better as they only make the site more helpful.

Edited by jenius

As always I'm late to the party with my review... but you should go scope it out just the same:

Yamato-SDF-1-6.jpg

I have a 1900x1200 monitor now so the pics in this review and future reviews are going to be a bit larger. -

EDIT - leave me some comments on anymoon.com if you feel I botched up the review, missed something, or am otherwise very right or wrong. The more opinions on the post the better as they only make the site more helpful.

Don't have the SFD-1...yet.

But it won't be long now.

Your review helped seal the deal as far as me wanting to take that plunge.

Thanks for the hard work.

EDIT--

http://collectiondx....t_action_figure

I also have the Kaneda's bike and the Kaneda figure, but I did vote SDF-1.

It was a tossup for me though as I do like the build of the bike, and the fact it blows the doors off of the Mcfarland version I also have.

FINALLY OWN ONE!!!! just got it today and can't wait to put it in my display shelf! I think i could be done collecting Macross toys after this and i'd be happy never getting another one

Congrats Kirik, I love this toy!

This reminds me of growing up in the Philippines when all the rich kids at school were bringing in their giant Chogokins of Voltes V and Mazinger Z and I'd just look over their shoulders and drool.

Thanks MW... thanks for bringing back that childhood trauma I buried deep inside.

:D

Ceeeeelebrate good times COME ON!!!

It's a ceeeelebration. :D:p

SDF-1 Macross = TOY OF THE YEAR FOR 2010.

http://www.collectiondx.com/article/2010_toy_year_results

OH NICE!

Seems it won by a landslide too! :)

Quoting from the site:

"Apparently the SDF-1 is so awsome it couldn't be contained to winning just one category of voting. You the readers not only voted it best Macross/Robotech toy of the year it also took Best High End and the Best of the best, Toy of the Year 2010. WE found the fit, finish, quality of materials and painstaking detail to be well worth the price tag and apprantly fans and collectors around the world agree as Yamato sold out of all of its stock of this $330 toy within days of being released."

Whooppeeeee!! Really...to fit all those minute details on a 1/3000 scaled SDF-1, after being downscaled from the 1/2000 version, is quite a feat!

Except for the price point, which almost everybody agrees, this is a 'dream come true' toy. And personally, this baby sits right next to my 1/24 Patlabor....

Hey, quick question. Did anyone get one missing their instruction manual? I can't find it, and i don't remember if i dropped it somewhere. Where is located in the box? is it taped to the styrofoam?

i think i might have gotten jipped.